:dc: DC Animated Movies 2024 :dc:

it is you can tell because it has dc universe movie on top

the cartoon movies should always be on there own I agree
maybe they just want to reboot things so it can be like the dawn of dc
I feel like its much to early for a reboot though we only got like four movies
I’m sad there is only two this year but maybe its because there trying to think of what to do next

4 Likes

don’t say things like that hub it…it can’t be true

5 Likes

For animation in particular, the scripts are largely written in advance. Same reason, even though there was a writer’s strike going on, that Gunn was casting and working on pre-production stuff on Superman Legacy and similarly to the fact that other stuff was being worked on.

Right now, the animators are working on the actual film, doing backgrounds, and CGI and the like. Some of the voice work may actually have already been done - but there will likely always be pick ups or something due to finished animation, however depending on what it is, say a noise versus actual dialogue, someone else could be do that work. I’m not sure what the contracts says about animation, only that voice work is part of the current strike, but voice contracts are different, which is why even some of the well known voice actors end up doing multiple roles on a particular animated episode or even an animated film.

5 Likes

I don’t think the Tomorrowverse has been around long enough to require an “ending”. They just don’t continue it if that’s what Gunn decrees.

As soon as the Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths came out, referencing a ton of previous live-action shows, it was obvious that all the previous DC animated series were ripe for an animated version of Crisis.

And if they aren’t planning to do that, then it’ll be a gigantic waste. In the comics at the time of the comics’ mini-series, all these alternate earths had become well-established, so their ends was justifiably a big deal. For the 2024 animated movie to introduce all these new universes, only to immediately destroy them, would be a ridiculous waste.

Crisis needs to be the same blueprint as the CW used or there’s no point to it.

Re Watchmen, I don’t get how there’s anything to add to the Zack Snyder film (if they are limiting themselves to the origininal 1980’s mini-series). Maybe combining it with some of the content in the Before Watchmen a few years back, but seems like that’d be part of the initial announcement if that was the case

4 Likes

Ugh, yeah. Should be cause we’ll have voice actors not just a single narrator.

4 Likes

Both Watchmen and COIE are totally unnecessary as animated versions, unless they are done as series. As one-offs they are bound to be bigger letdowns than the animated Reign of the Supermen.

6 Likes

You know what? I’m not going to lie, I would actually like that better.

Side Note: Did you get lucky getting that Question Funko Pop!?

3 Likes

to each there own :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

If they use Crisis as a means to revisit alternate universes of DC characters, this would be a golden opportunity to revisit the animated 1940’s Superman. Not the Fleisher one; I’m talking about the woefully-neglected Lands-Behind-Car Superman

superman 1948

4 Likes

Huh? What is this?

3 Likes

In the two Columbia serials, the only way they could figure out to make Kirk Allyn fly was to briefly have an animated Superman swoop through the shot.

4 Likes