DC Animated Club Wonder Woman (2009) Watch Along July 21st, 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST

Hello everybody, DC Animated Club goes to the movies is heading to it’s 4th week! This time with the very first animated Wonder Woman film. Before Gal Gadot Wonder Woman, this film has the orgin story and lots of action.
The watch along is on this Tuesday July 21st st 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST.
You’ll need two devices to watch this, one to watch on DC Universe and 2nd to chat on this thread by using you phone, computer or tablet. Hope to see you there!:grinning::popcorn::desktop_computer:

4 Likes

I’ll be working through this one too unfortunately…

1 Like

We are just 5 minutes away from the Wonder Woman watch along.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We are a minute away!:grinning:

On your mark…get set…GO!:grinning:

1 Like

The Amazon’s arrows will blot out the sun.

And they’ll die in the shade.

1 Like

This is the very first animated film of Wonder Woman ever made!:grinning:

1 Like

I think Gal Gadot Wonder Woman almost copy this film, in a good way.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Almost like Lord Of The Ring style.:slightly_smiling_face:

There’s definitely differences. I feel like this was written like what a live action WW would have been like in this time period.

Also, it’s fun to see Rosario Dawson as Artemis, especially considering how she’ll go and play WW later on.

1 Like

Man, this scene must be annoying for people who have an Alexa device.

1 Like

I’ve heard of cutting kids off, but this is crazy!

1 Like

I always thought Cheetah was a main villain for Wonder Woman, I’m now thinking it’s really Ares that’s the main villain for her.

1 Like

It’s sort of like how The Joker and Ra’s al Ghul can both be considered Batman’s archnemesis because they each challenge the character in different ways.

1 Like

That’s true.:slightly_smiling_face:

I think this is the last take on the character to use the clay origin.

1 Like

What’s interesting is that Gail Simone wrote a lot of this script, and in her comics she added a lot of mythology to the clay.

1 Like

I love when they allow Diana to be a little cocky.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay, have you ever read where Clayface steal her clay power? It’s a two part story.:slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds familiar, I think Brian K. Vaughn wrote that. I haven’t read it personally, but I’m sure it’ll be on WOW soon enough.

1 Like