DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along Special: Young Justice: Phantoms, Every Saturday at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

Happy FanDome weekend, @DCAnimatedClub! I hope you’ve been having fun in celebrating all things DC (how about that Black Adam footage? :00_shazam:), because there’s a ton to celebrate! :tada: :tada: :fireworks:

Starting Saturday, October 23rd, and continuing on for every Saturday afterward, we’ll be taking a look at something that’s always worthy of celebration: new episodes of Young Justice! :partying_face: :batparrot: :yjo_miss_martian_green: :yjo_superboy: :yjo_wolf: :yjo_nightwing:

Here’s the deets on how you can crash the mode!

What/When/Where: Young Justice season 4, aka “Phantoms”. We’ll be watching the newest episode from each week every Saturday morning at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern, while discussing each episode in this thread.

How: Young Justice: Phantoms is an HBO Max Original, so you’ll need to have an HBO Max subscription to partake in all of the animated fun. We watch from there and comment here via your favorite Kord Industries device. :nerd_face:

That’s the scoop, team! I hope to see you here, bright and early, throughout the initial run of Young Justice: Phantoms! :hugs: :superman:

8 Likes

:batparrot:

Wooo!

6 Likes

I haven’t watched them yet, but they look crash!

notes that he will watch the episodes before the WAL because he won’t be able to resist waiting 6 days for them

6 Likes

I can hear Impulse saying that every time!

6 Likes

I wonder how many people came to know Impulse because of this show, and then got into his comic adventures.

I’m hoping many YJ fans have got into the comics because of the show. Its a perfect “TV to comics” stepping stone, especially when the show has had not just one comic series based on it, but two (although, the last is mostly a two-issue mini).

6 Likes

I have to admit yesterday I didn’t see that coming with the release of Season 4 of Young Justice. That was a nice surprise.:grinning:

6 Likes

It was!

I’m hoping the rest of the episodes come along, in time. Weisman has said they’re on the cusp of finishing season 4, so I imagine we’ll get them in a timely fashion.

6 Likes

Noooooo I can’t make it but I really want to
:sob::sob::sob:
I absolutely love this show

4 Likes

You’ve always got a reserved seat for when you can make it. :slight_smile:

Who knows? Maybe someone will do an entire season binge at some point? Maybe a binge of the first half of the season?

You never know what will come along to turn that frown upside down. :upside_down_face: :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

I would love to join you for YJ…maybe another time

3 Likes

There will be plenty of YJ in the weeks ahead, so I’m sure you’ll have an opportunity to join us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Look at all of those Martians!!! :scream:

5 Likes

Hmm…should I wait until next Saturday to watch it fresh, or should I just watch it before I potentially get spoiled. :thinking:

4 Likes

This.

5 Likes

I watched it right away cuz of the spoilers all over this website.

5 Likes

You must feel right at home! :grin:

What @AntLeon said. They’re good @Jay_Kay, and you’ll likely be eager to watch them again. I watched both last night, and will be very eager for a re-watch this Saturday.

I hope nothing crucial was spoiled, and that you enjoyed the episodes.

5 Likes

Their off to another great YJ start. I watched the second Fandome ended.

3 Likes

They’s was The Good, yeah? Yeah.

3 Likes

Indeed although I’m a little disappointed in PGs iteration…? I tried to tell everyone that was Saturn Girl in Biibo’s diner 100% for sure. Even found a comic panel where she’s in the diner pouring coffee , basically the exact scene in comic book form. Not that it was necessary. It ‘‘twas obvious who it was. But, people still weren’t convinced….

3 Likes

I’m not going to say more until we watch the episodes, but I will say that if Weisman ever wants to do a LOSH spinoff of YJ, I am all for it.

Same goes for a Teen Titans spinoff.

3 Likes