DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along Special: Young Justice: Phantoms, Every Saturday at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

They did tease an adult themed B TAS. I’ve been begging for an adult theme TT’s animated series forever. Like I’ve said countless times. The TTs vs The JL, those Teen Titans, in an animated series has to be a winner!!!

3 Likes

A YJ-related TT series would be awesome, as we’ve never had a TT TV series that’s more “serious”, but without the anime-esque stuff from the Cartoon Network series, which did have its share of serious stories/moments, in all honesty.

I’m all-in on whatever Weisman chooses to do, should any spinoff opportunities arise. I’ve been a fan of his since I was 11, so he can do whatever and I’ll likely enjoy it.

3 Likes

Can’t disagree with that.

3 Likes

I’d love a Young Justice and Gargoyles crossover.

I bet WB would be for it, but I doubt Disney will ever let it happen.

4 Likes

I forgot I promised someone on here I’d watch Gargoyles & really meant to. To get sad for a second I lost a member of my Italian side of the family & forgot. But, to brighten it back up. With that side of my family being so large, I’ve been dealing with it since b4 I was born & 1st funeral was 4yrs old & it hasn’t stopped. On top of that, the person had lost her husband & both children & was basically ready to go for years & suffering health wise…

3 Likes

Gargoyles is definitely worth your time.

Some dismiss season 3 (including Weisman himself, as he didn’t work on it), but I enjoyed it. Bad Gargoyles was still better than 98.25% of what was on the air at the time season 3 aired.

Plus, Kenner made Gargoyles toys (I only bought the Elisa Maza figure), so you know there’s at least some element of quality to be found within it.

3 Likes

I’ll watch it. I’ve heard nothing but great things about it!!!

3 Likes

Don’t be surprised if you find yourself humming its theme music. I’ve had it stuck in my brain since 1994.

2 Likes

I know all about ear worms. I’ve got a multitude of songs stuck in my head from 1994 lol.

3 Likes

NIN’s Head Like A Hole is seared into my 1994 mind, thanks to my brother. Its one of the best music-based gifts he’s ever given me.

3 Likes

That’s a good brother!!!

3 Likes

Damn good. He’s into music the way I am comics and movies/TV, so we’ve been educating each other on what the other should check out, for quite some time.

When I heard Head Like A Hole blaring from his room in 1994, I said to myself “Oh, I like that!”

However, my mom said (to my brother) “Honey, could you turn that down, please?”

Of course, he cranked it when the 'rents were at work or out doing Parent Stuff for us kids. That’s what older brothers do, afterall.

2 Likes

I went to a teen club & saw a bunch of kids wearing Doc Martins sitting on the floor while the video played on a screen. I had the exact same reaction. I was like, idk what these people are, or what this song is? But, I’m in love with both. Only moment that superseded that was when Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit hit MTV. I was thinking…whatever that is I want as much as possible. Nothing in music has come close to it in my lifetime.

2 Likes

I am so glad I found this topic. Just now reading the notes. I had no idea season 4 had been released. I’m just now finishing up Young Justice Season 3 (S03E06). Binge watch. Gotta catch up.

3 Likes

My brother had a pair of DM boots around '94/'95. Those Gen-Xers were snazzy dressers. Personally, my fav was a flannel shirt around the waist.

Live in the desert and have no need for flannel until December, but want to look cool at the mall, anyway? Then tie a flannel shirt around your waist, and go to Sam Goody, dude! :metal:t2:

As John Oliver would say, “Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!”

I hope you’ll join us this Saturday. We’ve plenty of room, especially for folks new to the Saturday Morning Watch-Along™ experience. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

Ironically I would end up at a Nirvana concert on Halloween wearing my 1st pair of Doc’s which I’d bought about 2 months b4 the concert was announced lol.

2 Likes

The last concert I attended was The Rolling Stones, in 2007, and to say that it was badass would be an absolute understatement. It was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.

Granted, I’ve gone to, what, 5 non-classical concerts in my life? Still, they put on one hell of a show.

2 Likes

Just saw my 1st Stones show last week in enemy territory. Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

2 Likes

I saw them a few weeks ago, in Charlotte. :smiley:

3 Likes

Now we’re talking!!!

2 Likes