DC Animated Club Presents: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #5: Honoring Ed Asner, Saturday, September 4th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

Here’s a link to my tribute to Ed Asner…

:pensive:

2 Likes

Is The Fugitive airing or streaming anywhere, right now?

I love the movie, but have only seen precious little of the original TV series.

Fun Fact: Tim Daly (the first voice of the DCAU Superman) starred in the second Fugitive TV series that aired on CBS (home of The Flash and season 1 of Supergirl) from 2000-2001.

2 Likes

I wish, it’s on Me-TV every Sunday (technology
Monday morning) night at 2:00 a.m. which it’s a shame, not on any streaming service that I know of. I’ve got it on DVD. My favorite episode of Ed was when he played a badguy robber who held Richard Kimble and the lady hostage in the cabin, that was such a good suspense episode.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

MeTV, eh? I :heart: that channel. I’ll have to see when it’s on and set the DVR.

Thanks, Prez! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

You’re welcome.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Speaking of Presidents, have you read the DC You volume of Prez (2015)?

It’s quite good, and a delightful, underplayed, satire as well.

3 Likes

Nope I haven’t, I have read the 1970s Prez.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s good stuff, too.

Give the 2015 volume a whirl, when time and interest allow.

If you enjoyed the original series, you’ll likely enjoy the DC You iteration.

It seems to me that Prez is a conveniently overlooked title when some people badmouth DC You and what came of it.

Doomed? Yeah, not an overly good series. Its mindless comic book junk food, but fun mindless comic book junk food, all the same.

Prez, OTOH, is a solid book.

The best new title from DC You? The Omega Men.

2 Likes

Sound interesting, I’ll give it a try.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

When you do, tell writer Mark Russell that I sent you!

J/K. He has absolutely no idea who I am.

2 Likes

Seriously, Mark Russell is one of those writers who I’ll check out anything he does from his name alone. His Fantastic Four: Life Story going right now is pretty good too! :smiley:

3 Likes

Favorite Lou Grant moment…
Rhoda remodel Grant’s house, and when he saw it, with a big grin he said, I love it, I love it.’ And when Rhoda left, he said to Mary with the same grin, ‘I hate it!’ :rofl: I must’ve laugh so hard at the scene.

There was another episode of Lou Grant where Mary brought Phyllis daughter to work, and Grant doesn’t want to watch his language and he really wanted to cuss!:laughing:

First episode is a classic favorite as well!

Ed Asner was actually the first actor who had a same character to go from comedy to a Drama show series.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Dude, his Flintstones surprised the heck out of me. It’s easily the best thing to ever bear “The Flintstones” moniker.

It’d be great if a new Flintstones TV series could be inspired by it.

@Reaganfan78 Lou going from comedy to drama is an interesting footnote. Not only in the annals of TV history, but also in showing how versatile Ed Asner was as an actor.

Paging @Bar-El and @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder…30 minutes to go! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh definitely. I remember checking it out after recommendations and was like, “How the heck is The Flinstones of all things making me laugh AND feel things?!”

3 Likes

hey I’m ready

3 Likes

I truly love how u love the classics. I will checkout your pod cast its right up my alley . Metv is a favorite channel and I just finished night tour. I can finally make a watch along

3 Likes

I’m a fan of almost any classic shows from the 50s-90s.:slightly_smiling_face:

Mostly because I grew up watching them. I Love Lucy is my favorite classic.:slightly_smiling_face: And thankyou for your kind comment.

2 Likes

Welcome, @ttcoolthomas2025.65070 and @PittieMa!
:wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

2 Likes

In December we should do Elf watch along.:grin::santa::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Maybe when the DCUI Classic Cinema Club gets up and running. :wink:

2 Likes