DC Animated Club Presents: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #1: Superman: The Animated Series at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET on Saturday, July 31st, 2021

Oh good they fixed the background! It was all green last time I watched this

5 Likes

Superman sure did a lot of damage to the town.

6 Likes

I think his character works much better that way. His tenacity to get back up again and again even in the worst scenarios is really highlighted when his powers aren’t as god-like as some media makes it out to be.

9 Likes

Yeah, people sometimes get this impression of Superman being wimpy, but this is a good example of that not being the case.

7 Likes

Good morning, @Shayera.Hol! :wave:t2:

6 Likes

Exactly. It’s like in Superman v2, #75: “Now…Doomsday gets HIS!” and then WHAM! Heat vision blast!

6 Likes

That is why that show Superpowers was such a great idea!!! Sadly, it only lasted one season. At least, those creators went on to do Harley Quinn!

6 Likes

Superman causes damage in a cartoon, people don’t say anything, but when it happens in a movie, everyone loses their minds! :rofl:

7 Likes

@Jay_Kay congrats on 2 years of WOB!!!

7 Likes

That crafty Brainiac!

7 Likes

Yet they didn’t say anything about the damage the Avengers caused…

Curious…:thinking:

7 Likes

Donner would be proud of this plot line set up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Aww, thanks. :smiley:

7 Likes

Oh :open_mouth: No brainiac.

6 Likes

I wonder if Donner ever watched STAS. I’d like to think he did, and that he enjoyed it quite a bit.

5 Likes

Will Animated Club be reading comics based on the cartoons?

6 Likes

Enjoyed it. Reminds me of Saturday mornings of my youth.

6 Likes

That was a blast everyone!!! Thank you @Vroom for starting my weekend off just right!

8 Likes

Okay, gotta start getting ready for work. Thanks for the WAL, @Vroom! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you for hosting this @Vroom! Looking forward to more WALs coming soon. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes