DC Animated Club Presents: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #1: Superman: The Animated Series at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET on Saturday, July 31st, 2021

Yeah, that’s part of why I don’t think outing him was a good idea.

6 Likes

Jimmy is so under appreciated and adorable

6 Likes

What’s number one for you? A Clockwork Orange?

5 Likes

swoops in

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Agreed!

8 Likes

Malcom McDowell is the most unlikely actor to succeed. Sure, he did that Kubrick movie but he did his darnest to not be typecast, which didn’t work…see Caligula as evidence A.

7 Likes

“Its so small. How can you tell?”

7 Likes

Tolian Soran in Star Trek: Generations. It was the first thing I saw him in (I was 11 when it came out) and it stuck with me.

“I have an appointment with eternity, and I don’t want to be late.”

6 Likes

That reminds me, there’s this great documentary on Hulu about the history of nudity in the movies, and McDowell was on there not just for Caligula (and had some hilarious stories on it), but his own. I think it’s called “Skin.”

6 Likes

Corben fighting Superman in a special suit of armor…I wonder if that’s a hint of things to come…

7 Likes

Metallo actually has a really long and interesting arc in this series. More than any other villain I can recall atm

7 Likes

He’s somewhat sympathetic at times, too.

6 Likes

That’s good storytelling!

6 Likes

I believe the New 52 Superman books had a good Metallo story or maybe I am getting my comics messed up again. (Highly likely) It might have been Superwoman.

6 Likes

I do like how they balance Superman’s strength and invulnerability in this. Huge bullets like the exo-suit can knock him down, but he’ll keep getting back up. Keeps him feeling powerful while still keeping some dramatic tension.

7 Likes

That was during…Morrison’s run on Action, if memory serves. I don’t immediately recall the particulars of it, though.

5 Likes

The fluids even sprayed out of that car

6 Likes

Wosers, his targeting system is a fancy swastika?!?!

6 Likes

Corben was in the first arc of Morrison’s Action Comics, so that might be what you’re thinking of!

7 Likes

I like the reprisal of the main theme in this scene. Very nice.

7 Likes

Oh-ho-ho! I love when Superman pulls that “Shall we rumble?” attitude with the bad guys.

“Too bad.”

8 Likes