DC Animated Club Presents: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #1: Superman: The Animated Series at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET on Saturday, July 31st, 2021

Hello, @DCAnimatedClub! A new era of our hallowed club has begun, and to ring it in, we’re bringing Saturday Morning Watch-Alongs into a whole new era! :partying_face:

If you aren’t aware, Saturday Morning Watch-Alongs were originally instituted during the DC Universe days of our wonderful platform. After a period of modest activity/success, and as all good things must do, they came to an end.

However, nothing good stays down forever, so I am quite happy to ring in the beginning of my era as the new leader of the DC Animated Club by bringing Saturday Morning Watch-Alongs back!

Read on for the sweet as a bowl of Corn Pops details!

What: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #1, featuring Superman: The Animated Series, season 1, episodes 1-3, “The Last Son of Krypton”.

When: This Saturday, July 31st, at 8 AM Pacific Time/11 AM Eastern Time.

Where: In this thread at the above start time. :point_up:t2: :stopwatch:

Why: Because DC animation kicks ass, as does watching it with your fellow members while eating a bowl of cereal, for Saturday morning cartoons and cereal go perfectly with one another.

How to participate:

• We begin at 8 AM PT/11AM ET. Please be on time, but if you should be late, we’ll happily catch you up. :superman_hv_4:

• Once the clock strikes, we all push Play. As we are watching multiple episodes and want everyone on the same page, we will be taking a two minute break at the end of episodes 1 and 2 just to be 100% sure everyone is at the same spot for when the next episode begins.

• You’ll need one device (TV, computer, phone, etc) to watch our program on, while using another device (computer, phone, etc) to comment with. It’s a 2 (devices) for 1 (Watch-Along) entertainment bo-nan-za! :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

• Superman: The Animated Series is available on DVD and Digital, while streaming on HBO Max in HD. Whatever your format of choice, please be ready to take to our friendly Watch-Along skies as soon as it’s time to push Play. :superman_hv_4:

• You’re also welcome to munch on a bowl of your favorite cereal during our festivities, as cartoons and cereal go hand in hand. Corn Pops, Cookie Crunch, Fruit Loops, whatever you like. :clark_hv_4:

That’s all there is to it! Very simple, and so easy. :slight_smile:

If you were around during the original run of Saturday Morning Watch-Alongs, then welcome back! If you’re brand new to the affair, then “Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!” :grin:

I’ll see you, right here in this thread this Saturday morning at 8 AM Pacifc/11 AM Eastern as we ring in the 25th anniversary of the show that expanded the DC Animated Universe into a truly epic fan-favorite, Superman: The Animated Series! :superman:

Stay animated! :superman_hv_4:

13 Likes

A two minute break to re-fill the cereal bowl. I’m going to need to got buy some cereal for this!

6 Likes

Yes, my plan to increase cereal sales nationwide is beginning to pay off. Mwa-ha-ha! :smiling_imp:

clears throat and regains his usual composure

Cereal is fan-tastic. Anything in mind? I’m a Corn Pops man, myself. “Gotta have my Pops!” and all that. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hahaha. Not sure. I haven’t had cereal in a long time. I don’t think I’ve had Corn Pops! Surprising. Maybe Peanut Butter Captain Crunch of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

5 Likes

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

There’s something special about Saturday morning watch alongs :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Indeed! Especially when toy commercials that pertain to our show come up at random intervals as well. :wink:

Will you be attending our soiree, @LastSon0fMars?

4 Likes

:scream: Great Krypton! You’ve never had Corn Pops?

I’m going to telepathically will a box to you. If they don’t show up, blame Luthor. :wink:

I think a 50/50 bowl of Corn Pops and Cinnamon Toast Crunch would be a good sugar blast for our WAL. I may just try that…

3 Likes

I don’t have corn puffs…but I do have Cinnamon Toast Crunch

6 Likes

Does Cinnamon Toast Crunch coffee creamer count? Think of it as the adult way to get all those important vitamins (sugar) in my bloodstream.

7 Likes

I didn’t know there was such a thing! :astonished:

6 Likes

I accept this idea. Will get them today!

5 Likes

Paraphrasing the words of the great Teri Hatcher, it’s real and it’s spectacular.

6 Likes

Only if you use it as a replacement for milk in your cereal :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I’m so excited for this especially since I’m rewatching Smallville right now!

5 Likes

I got my cereal - Corn Pops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros, and strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats. I haven’t bought cereal in years. I used to love watching Super Friends on Saturday. I can’t wait!

5 Likes

9ba18226fbbb3cb45352baa442edc0dc

Very exciting! I have to make the tough decision between Corn Pops, Life, and Rice Krispies… maybe I’ll just have all three. :yum:

8 Likes

@DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder Cinnamon Toast Crunch will be a-okay. :slight_smile: :ok_hand:t2:

@D4RK5TARZ Could someone…let’s say…me, drink that Cinnamon Toast Crunch creamer on its own?

I’m…uh…clears throat inconspicuously asking for a…friend…who just happens to look like me. :smirk:

BTW, they were spectacular.

@Bar-El Rock on! What episode are you on, now?

@JusKris-El You know you have to pour a big 'ol bowl of all three of those now, yeah?

That’s what I’ve done when I’ve had a multitude of cereals at one time, at least. :slight_smile:

Frankenberry, Count Chocula and Boo Berry all in the same bowl? Hell. YEAH. :yum: :bowl_with_spoon:

Speaking of Super Friends, they’ll be along soon.

sits back in chair, his fingers interlaced and face covered by shadow as he says “Very soon.”

@Shayera.Hol You’re coming? YES!!! :hugs: :partying_face:

rolls out the Thanagarian royal carpet

As for your cereals, just SQUISH 'em all into one bowl and let that eventual sweet sugar high just wash over ya’s. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I’m going to have the strawberry one separately. You know, re-fill during episodes.

Super Friends, yay!

5 Likes

I may or may not be able to make it tomorrow…it will all depend on if I can get up and run all my errands before hand or not

5 Likes

Ah, yes. A sugar reload is a grand idea. Good thinking. :brain: :+1:t2:

@DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder I hope you can make it! Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:t2: :0_nightwing:

4 Likes