DC Animated Club Present: Batman The Animated Series Watch Along, Every Saturday Morning 9:00am PST/12:00pm EST

He has aged well. I’ve had mine since 1996, and through several moves and assorted stints in storage, he’s just as good now as he was then.

You’d like this figure, then. Its of Man-Bat from Mattel’s DC Super Heroes line, and was a SDCC exclusive in 2007:

Package when closed:

Open:

The reason I say you’d like him is that when you open the flaps on the box, the sound of a screeching bat is emitted. You can look at the figure and it does the work of growling for you! That’s innovation as only Mattel can deliver.

Kind of a surprise DC Collectibles didn’t include a broken helmet and a container of chicken soup with their Freeze, given how their BTAS line was much more show-accurate than Kenner’s.

I would have bought him if they had included those items, but since they didn’t, I stuck with Kenner’s take.

3 Likes

Heh, I wasn’t even thinking of that, I was thinking more of his…bad turn in the fourth season/The New Batman Adventures.

3 Likes

Kenner

DC Collectibles

Hasbro expanded upon the insect body/separated head motif with a design of their own in 2000:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @Bar-El! :confetti_ball::birthday::tada:

4 Likes

I’m here! About 15 minutes until the show starts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Reporting for duty sir!

3 Likes

Good Morning everybody, Thankyou for joining.:grinning:

2 Likes

Heh, I thought I was going to be alone for a sec! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Press play!

2 Likes

Classic intro, love it since first watching this episode for the first time.

2 Likes

Kevin Conroy voicing the young police zepplin driver.

3 Likes

Believe or not this was the second episode that aired

3 Likes

Love the shadow of mysterious bat.:grinning:

1 Like

I always thought that was odd – starting with a part one and then not continuing the second half for several days/weeks.

3 Likes

Love this guard walking around trying to audition for a radio DJ. It’s little details like that helps make even the incidental characters feel more real.

2 Likes

It’s just a cartoon the kids won’t notice. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I remember being confused by it, Wondering when Part 1 was on.

2 Likes

Harvey Dent! :grinning:

2 Likes

Love that this series started with Harvey Dent before the scarring. Gives us a chance to know the man first.

And Alfred sounds super different here. I don’t remember if this is a different voice actor or if he had a time figuring out the voice.

3 Likes