DC Animated Club Present: Batman The Animated Series Watch Along, Every Saturday Morning 9:00am PST/12:00pm EST

Everything is by a clock in this episode.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Oh man, check it out. Its hilarious.

Yeah, pre-teen/early teens me watched it as it aired, so I’m a little biased toward it, but still, Freakazoid is great.

It was also ahead of its time in having the Internet serve as a plot device that was behind the main character’s creation. That was in 1995, when most people said “What’s that?” when asked about the net.

5 Likes

Just a regular night for Batman when not dealing with a major Villains.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Diana Muldaur plays Leslie. She was also on TNG as Dr. Polaski.

Speaking of Trek talent working on DC projects, Jonathan Frakes plays King Faraday in Catwoman: Hunted.

5 Likes

She’s nicer in BTAS. No Data to kick around.

5 Likes

She also was in the Original Star Trek and The Incredible Hulk playing the sister of David Banner.:grinning:

5 Likes

I never really liked Polaski. Beverly was a much better doctor and a more interesting character.

5 Likes

I’ll agree with that!:grin:

5 Likes

This really has a 40s style.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nitro is Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley. TIL.

5 Likes

That noir feel is so nice.

5 Likes

Lenny was Perry White on Smallville (he acted in some other DC gigs, if memory serves).

5 Likes

:astonished: I didn’t know that!

5 Likes

Sadly I think some kids will find this episode boring, but as a adult it’s really not that bad. This episode is well written.

5 Likes

For a jet car it sure sounds like a V8. :rofl:

5 Likes

He was in Star Trek Voyager episode and in the movie Clue as Mr. Green.:slightly_smiling_face: It’s a good movie.

5 Likes

That’s one tough Batmobile! Does this count as car crashes?:grin:

5 Likes

Have you listened to the Kids Love Batman Podcast? They point out episodes like this or things like Bearer Bonds which kids naturally know all about. It’s a fun podcast.

5 Likes

I loved episodes like this when I was a kid, but I wasn’t like most kids either, in that I was already an ardent animation geek when this one originally aired.

5 Likes

Nope haven’t heard of it, I’ll have to check it out.

5 Likes