DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

@Jay_Kay As for recommends, my all time favorite webtoons are Soul Cartel and My Boo. Both completed and Korean originals. I liked Purple Hyacinth a lot too when I used to read webtoons a lot.

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check those out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not gonna include Tower of God, The Gamer, and the most wonderfully written unOrdinary? :open_mouth: Yes, Webtoons are life haha

@Jay_Kay :point_up_2:

5 Likes

It’s really bad…that I found out about this series…because I can’t stop reading now until I’m caught up. :eyes: :open_book:

4 Likes

:rofl: Yea probably should have put a disclaimer that LO is super addictive! :joy: Welcome to the fandom @Angel212!!

5 Likes

Thank you! And thanks for the rec! :blush: (Hope I get my life back soon from this. :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Great to see an original concept. Thanks for a free peek. :bat:

3 Likes

This series is proof positive of the reach that digital comics have over print at this point in time, and why DC has been silly to not promote digital more.

Imagine if they promoted their regular books on Comixology, and what they’d be doing? But no, acquiesce to the dwindling direct market instead.

I mean points to the numbers this series has done in comparison to the regular Batman ongoing why not acquiesce, right? :unamused:

…and yes, there are probably discrepancies and so on that differentiate this type of book from a regular, ongoing series but the overall point stands: Digital just has a greater reach, and this series is proving it.

3 Likes

And this is why I haven’t properly explored the Webtoons site/app yet. I don’t have time to get hooked on more comics. :rofl:

But I might bookmark these suggestion that everyone is throwing out for a later date when I am feeling adventurous.

4 Likes

takemymoney

5 Likes

Been keeping up with these and they are just wholesome and funny to read! Pretty sure that the Bat Family can be this casual together.

5 Likes

I’m definitely still enjoying it. I think my favorite episode so far might be their game night challenge, lol.

5 Likes

Yes! I love this webtoon so much! It’s honestly the highlight of my week!

4 Likes

Love this webtoon. Kinda wish DC would get on the ball and make a Superman and Wonder Woman one too.

4 Likes

Nightwing: why are you using my old suit as a punishment?

Oracle: because you’re impossible to embarrass.

9 Likes

I would die of happiness if they made a Wonder Woman Webtoon. (And then hopefully somehow get resurrected so I could read it.:sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

I agree, would love to see more DC characters in this format, but I hope that they don’t just keep to the same ground of slice of life/comedy we’re seeing with Wayne Family Adventures.

You look at the series that’s popular on Webtoons, the biggest are probably horror and romance. I wonder if maybe a new Swamp Thing series would work there? After all, that’s a franchise that’s had experience in both genres.

4 Likes

WELL NOW! WEBTOON, DC Announce New Titles Starring Red Hood, Zatanna, Constantine and More

Horror - Zatanna, with the Jack the Ripper and magical battles!
Romance - possibly Vixen, promised in Zatanna!

Red Hood seems like a more straightforward action adventure type, similar to a few titles I’ve checked out.

Vixen seems like a coming of age story, so probably some slice of life stuff, but with more of an ongoing plot than Wayne Family Adventures!

What do you think? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

These all sound amazing! I’m so excited DC is expanding their Webtoon line. This is great. I can’t wait to read all of them!

6 Likes

Me neither! I think I’m most excited about Zatanna, but I’ll absolutely subscribe to all of them! We’ll see if I expand my coin payments to them, too - I currently subscribe to about a dozen webtoons, but only spend coins on Wayne Family Adventures. For the Stephanie Brown! And that payment has been RICHLY rewarded in the last three weeks! :slight_smile:

I’m just a tad disappointed we aren’t getting a Wonder Woman and Superman equivalent to Wayne Family Adventures, but it’s also great to see Zatanna, Artemis, Bizarro, and Vixen getting some new adventures!

5 Likes