DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

Lol oh yea I do! Lore Olympus is probably the most popular and best example. I also like some of the creepier comics like Uriah, and Not Even Bones. unOrdinary and Ava’s Demon are excellent too!

6 Likes

I’m on it. I especially like the tease that there’s more characters than originally announced. Right up my alley :0_catwoman:

2 Likes

I hope it’ll get collected for DCUI.

2 Likes

It is free to access. You don’t even need to create an account. Here’s the link:

10 Likes

It’s great so far and is something that I have wanted to see for a while now as it’s generally superman who gets to get this kind of thing. However, I got to say I will be quite disappointed if this does not have a few batcat moments…I mean, come on, have the batbrats walk in on them…or reminisce about the times they were scarred for life by walking in on them.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Dude, I was JUST WATCHING THAT. …Are you inside my mind? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Thanks for this. I recently just found out what Webtoons was, and after reading the comments here, I’m going to wait until the full story comes out.

5 Likes

I’m… not not inside your mind :smirk:

7 Likes

Hmmmm. Does @Mae have a secret super power??? If so, we must not alert the Bat Conspiracy Theory Group that resides in Gotham. :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for the link!! Flippin precious!

5 Likes

Update: as of right now, this series has almost 440 THOUSAND subscribers.

Is… is this the most popular Batman comic out now? It kind of has to be, right? I mean, how much does the current Batman book sell? 70-100k, maybe? I’m… I’m honestly not entirely sure how I feel about that.

9 Likes

I mean, it’s free and online. It’s easily accessible. It’s also adorable.

8 Likes

It’s also Batfamily centered with all of the members, not just the 4 main Robins and Barbara. Granted I have yet to read it but based of the cover, it gives me the same vibe as the fanon version of the Batfamily Tumblr sees, even the comic art looks similar to Tumblr fanart, especially Jason. Just based on the covers alone, I don’t see this and think of Batman and the other vigilantes of Gotham, I just see them as the family that plays pranks on each other, has a group chat, and blasts songs about Superman in the Batcave just to annoy Bruce… it looks so much like the Tumblr fan on version that its uncanny, at least to me. (And trust me, I am very familiar with the Tumblr version :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

I think that’s part of it – like, yeah, they are a dysfunctional but loving family, but they’re also a dysfunctional family that fights crimes and solves mysteries together, and that is kind of pushed over to the side, at least in the stuff I’ve read so far.

And who knows – maybe the creators involved are just introducing us to the characters and we might get something with a little more balance as the series continues and people start to connect with this version of the characters.

I am curious now to see what other series DC will do on Webtoon – because I have to imagine they’ll want to keep this going. Looking at the things that are popular on the service, I can imagine them doing something with horror or romance – or even both! I have to imagine also that they’ll do something with Superman as well as Wonder Woman.

8 Likes

I’m sure I don’t know as much about the Bat Family as most people here, but I’m really enjoying this so far. All I needed to hear was “slice of life.” Yes, sign me up for more of this, please. So much fun. Can’t wait to read the rest, and to see what else DC does with Webtoon. :blush:

9 Likes

I did read the 3 episodes that are available right now and yep I would agree this is probably the best way to describe it. Tumblr fanon for sure.

6 Likes

I knew it as soon as I saw that they gave Jason his white streak :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks for the free bee DC. I’ll check it out. :wink:

4 Likes

Lol the first thing I thought when I read it was that the author either writes Batfam fanfic or they did their research and went and read all the Batfam fanfics :sweat_smile: Either way, I couldn’t be happier.
I think it’s been so successful bc 1) DC directly targeted and listened to what Batfam fans want and 2) Webtoon already pulls insane numbers with Lore Olympus having 5m subs and series like God of Highschool getting so popular it actually was made into an anime! So now their getting new fans from webtoon, and answering the demand from a slice of established fans.
Hella smart move DC :+1:

6 Likes