Dawn of DC

The tentacles look like brainiac tentacles. I noticed that after lazarus planet event comes knight te something so maybe the next event is knight tentacles, knight tempest, knight tests, knight tears, knight terra, knight terminal, knight tempura, knight temps. past batman events were called knightfall, knightquest and knightsend. after the explosion, hopefully, there is no implosion.

2 Likes

Likely to have something out in trade in time for the Penguin show to release

2 Likes

I never thought Iā€™d see the day that DC will be publishing a Justice Society title and NOT a Justice League title at the same time. Unless Iā€™m wrong, that hasnā€™t happened since the 1950s.

Of course, itā€™s possible that the Justice League title just hasnā€™t been announced yetā€¦

7 Likes

6 Likes

In the interviews, they were repeating that there is no justice league. Looks like they are doing the solo titles first before doing a justice league title. It does seem like Nubia joined the justice league a bit too early.
While there is no justice league title, maybe have superman, batman and ww make guest appearances in the justice society title to help boost sales.

6 Likes

That might be okay because we should definitely focus on the Justice society while we have them.

Itā€™s definitely going to be Mark waid as the writer, so maybe we need to make this "WAID IS COMING to prepare for significant changes of the team from him.

3 Likes

That would imply actual coordination! Though actually, given what Iā€™ve heard from comics industry observers, this title was likely at least partly commissioned because of a promotional deal from the show.

2 Likes

Maybe can do Superwoman Kara Zor-El, Batman Dick Grayson, Wonder Woman Donna Troy, Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, Aquaman Garth, Arsenal, hawkman charley parker.

2 Likes

So glad to finally see Doom Patrol come back with a book. The creative team is good ā€“ Iā€™ve read them before working on the E is for Extinction book as part of Secret Wars, and Culver has done great work with Justice League Incarnate and Bernham was one of the best artists on Grant Morrisonā€™s Batman. I hope we get a good mix of DC prominance and signature Doom Patrol weird.

We knew Superboy was coming out, but itā€™s pretty cool that theyā€™re propelling the Round Robin choice as a big part of this initiative.

Cool to see multiple GL titles for both Hal and John. Also glad to see Mariko Tamaki doing work for DC still, I liked her work on Detective and Iā€™m definitely excited to see what Phillip Kennedy Johnson does with John. All that said, man, I have to imagine Kyle fans are starving right now.

I would be more excited about Cyborg getting a new series if I knew what the creative team was, but still, pretty cool.

Tom King on a new Batman book, thatā€™s gonna be interesting. Iā€™m especially curious about the whole ā€œbuilding out Dawn of DCā€ bit, Iā€™m guessing maybe this will be adventures with Batman that help tease Batman fanboys to try out these other books? Devious, I like it. And that art team is just :pinched_fingers:

Again, great to see Green Arrow get a new book, and it looks like itā€™s going to be one that focuses on the entire GA family. Kind of gives me Quiver vibes, I dig it.

Shazamā€¦Iā€™m gonna be honest, this is the one that excites me the least, mostly because I just do not vibe with Mark Waid. I tried reading his Worldā€™s Finest and Batman Vs Robin and I just hated them. Iā€™m legit worried that this book is going to just throw away all the cool, innovative stuff other creators have done and just replace it with bland, regurgitated nostalgia bait. I know Iā€™m alone on an island on this one, yā€™all have fun with it, because I wonā€™t.

Paging @Reaganfan78! The Penguin is getting his own series! Iā€™ve thought what Tom King has done with Penguin in his Batman series and Killing Time was well done, so Iā€™m curious to see what he does with him.

Again, would be more excited for Steelworks if I knew what the creative team was, but it sounds pretty cool.

So yeah, overall, a lot of this looks really promising.

6 Likes

Probably time to call Conner Kent Superman. Looks like the justice league of Dick Grayson is still called Titans and it seems to include Jon Kent Superman.

1 Like

Note about the team supreme of Waid/ Mora

4 Likes

I mean, Iā€™m psyched. Batman/Superman: Worldā€™s Finest is one of my favorite current monthlies and, as the article notes, the last time Waid did a major story involving Billy was Kingdom Come. That turned out pretty wellā€¦

2 Likes

Okay, so Dan Mora can draw with the stellar quality he hasā€¦on two different books? Sheesh, man, save some artistic talent for the rest of us! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Oh! Happy birthday @Jay_Kay!

2 Likes

brave and the bold cover seems to suggest it is a batman family title and Alfred is on that cover. Maybe Alfred comes back after Batman vs Robin which has plenty of magic that can easily bring back Alfred.

1 Like

I wish DC would make some comics just here on DCUI Ultra. A few titles that are part of Dawn of DC would be huge to drive business and subscriptions. A series on certain characters may not sell well in stores but thereā€™s an audience for them and that audience would get a subscription to read about their favorite character.

Iā€™m excited to see what the Dawn of DC will bring us and Iā€™m VERY excited to read every page and panel of it one month after it comes out in stores.

4 Likes

Hey Thankyou so much @Jay_Kay, Canā€™t wait forthe Penguin to have his own series, and Happy Birthday, hope you have a great Birthday today! :partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

2023 is shaping up to be a good year for DC!

Blue Beetle. JSA. Superman. Anthology Action Comics. Steelworks. Swamp Thing:Green Hell. Icon Vs Hardware. Possibly Hawkman based on the infographic.

Plus they are at least making an effort with these mini series such as Sgt. Rock, New Champion of Shazam, and what not that I have been enjoying. Hopefully they will continue that trend of giving their lesser selling characters 6 issue minis.

Hopefully there will be a resurgence of teams like Justice League Dark and Birds of Prey to fill the void Justice League seems to be leaving behind for now.

Not to mention the DCU being helmed in a new direction!

Safe to say that I am ready for the new year!

3 Likes

Yes! Give people a reason to subscribe and allow the hardcore fans of lesser characters to have some outings with their B and C listers!

2 Likes

I stopped keeping track. Itā€™s all just cash grabs and trying to figure out how to clean up their own continuity problems at this point. Feel like walking into corporate and shouting, ā€œcharacter development! Lasting effects! Permanent death! Successful relationships! Ageing!ā€ And a bunch of other no no words sometimes.

3 Likes