Dawn of DC

The lazarus planet event has confirmed some titles such as Aquaman. Interviews have confirmed a John Stewart title who is starting in the back of the Hal Jordan title. A jaime reyes title following his limited series has been announced. More batman related titles are a sure thing.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Just here to say a couple things. First, I loved the first issue of Unstoppable Doom Patrol - so happy to see my favorite team in action

Second, they just announed a new Power Girl series later this year!

61SdCOvQ5wL

2 Likes

So excited about this! Powergirl getting a solo series is so awesome to hear. Hopefully Helena Wayne will still be around to get a world’s finest team-up.

1 Like

That might be dependant on whatever the Hell is going on with the current JSA book. So far I like that one, but the time travel shenanigans do make it hard to understand what is supposed to be where, ya know?

1 Like

Time travel shenanigans have NOTHING on release schedule shenanigans in terms of what’s happening with it. UGH.

1 Like

Don’t get me started! I can sort of understand a little bit of a delay for something like Doomsday Clock, but even then it was much. For this - just a regular ongoing - this shouldn’t happen this frequently

2 Likes

There were many signs that power girl was getting her own title. Power Girl was promoted in Lazarus Planet, leading to her solo feature in Action Comics, leading to Power Girl special 1, plus Power Girl is also being promoted in Knight Terrors with her own Knight Terrors story. Many characters are being promoted in Knight Terrors so those are clues who might get solo titles.

3 Likes

I wonder when dawn of dc batman is comic out?

1 Like

Do you mean Batman #900, or Batman and Robin? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

batman 900 I guess one that says dawn of dc just looked it up thanks for the info

2 Likes

The Amanda Waller Trying Hard To Kill All Vigilantes event seems to be running in many titles and seems even ahead of the Knight Terrors event. Peacemaker who is one of those working for Amanda Waller and they are all trying hard to kill all vigilantes seems to be appearing in many titles like Green Arrow, Titans, etc.

2 Likes

That seems to be mostly a Josh Williamson plotline. I can’t think of another book that’s playing with it currently.

2 Likes

My guess is many villains in the various titles will later on be revealed as part of Light like maybe Talia is part of Light.

1 Like

2023 dawn by jeff spokes:

List of Dawn Of DC titles:
Justice Society 1, Stargirl 1, Action Comics 1051, Catwoman 51, Superman 1, Jon Kent 1, Doom Patrol 1, Nightwing 100, Harley Quinn 28, Superboy 1, Green Arrow 1, Shazam 1, Green Lantern 1, Titans 1, Brave And Bold 1, Cyborg 1, Spirit World 1, Vigil 1, City Boy 1, Power Girl 1, Batman 136, Poison Ivy 13, Penguin 1, Steelworks 1, Hawkgirl 1, Wonder Woman 1, Flash 1, Blue Beetle 1, Batman And Robin 1, Fire And Ice 1, Green Lantern War Journal 1. Birds Of Prey 1. Wesley Dodds 1. Jay Garrick 1. Alan Scott 1. Supergirl 1. Amazons Attack 1. Speed Force 1. Outsiders 1. kneel before zod 1. red hood 1. sinister sons 1. suicide squad 1. Aquaman 1. Teen Titans, Jace Fox, Jo Mullein, barry allen, zatanna, hawkman, legion of super-heroes, justice league.

3 Likes

Kelly Thompson and Leonardo Romero on a new Birds of Prey team!

I hope against hope that Stephanie Brown will make the cut!

3 Likes

Can see the brainiac force shield (similar to Convergence) at the end of the words Dawn Of DC, and (after increasing brightness and contrast) also near the words Knight Terrors:

After Gotham War seems to be a doomsday event. My guess is Light villains will be fighting the heroes in the monthly titles, and ends with mastermind Brainiac and Return Of The Justice League. So far, looks like Brainiac is monitoring all the heroes in the monthly titles (maybe helping the Light villains) like what Monitor used to do before Crisis On Infinite Earths. The last event Return Of The Justice League is probably another remake of Crisis On Infinite Earths and seems to involve other earths like earth Milestone.

1 Like

how come batman isn’t getting renumbered ?

Because…honestly, I don’t know. My shop owner tells me that readers don’t like big numbers, but I seriously doubt that readers are really that much more intimidated by 901 than 136. That being said, they did an 800 cover back when Tom King’s run hit #35, but didn’t do any real renumbering or even a celebration in the issue, so I guess editorial just doesn’t think that Batman will benefit from the legacy numbering.

1 Like