Dawn of DC

He did, #75.

Bendis was the previous JL writer from #s 59-74. IDK what the sales of his run were like (and let’s be honest, sales don’t dictate the quality of a run), but I enjoyed his output on the series, as he was my second-favorite writer on the title, after Venditti.

3 Likes

That is not good for his resume.

1 Like

Regardless of what one thought about Justice League #75, chronicling the “demise” of the Justice League as a lead-in to a line-wide event that took up the better part of a year is a big deal on a writer’s resume.

two potential writers are being interviewed by an editor

Editor (to writer #1): “So, what’s a big highlight on your resume?”

Writer #1: “Well, I wrote an indie book that was well-received and sold decently.”

The editor nods, says “Okay, good.” and makes some notes, then turns to writer #2.

Editor (to writer #2): “What’s a big highlight on your resume?”

Writer #2: “I killed the Justice League in the lead-up to a big publishing event.”

The editor turns to writer #1, says “Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.”, and then turns to writer #2 and says “So, would you like to write Superman?”

6 Likes

So far, no news about Legion yet. My guess is Geoff Johns will bring back his retroboot legion. The current Justice Society of Geoff Johns is quite similar to his pre flashpoint justice society. Lazarus Planet is promoting Red Hood, Black Lightning and Katana as Outsiders so should see an Outsiders title soon.
Bronze Age Legion and Outsiders by Nikola Cizmesija

2 Likes

Maybe there will be a 2nd flash family title that will include Barry Allen and Avery Ho. Jo Mullein will probably be in the Hal Jordan title or the John Stewart title.

1 Like

I think that seems a bit unlikely, but it’s possible. I think more likely is Flash gets a backup.

1 Like

Based on non comics news, looks like dc is going to use more obscure characters like booster gold, authority and creature commandos, which might influence dawn a little bit.

2 Likes

For sure. Though I’d expect any comics included in the marketing plans for these projects to come out as close to the actual films as possible. Not this year for sure.

3 Likes

Would love to see a creature Commandos series in the future. One that captures that hell boy vibes that Jeff Lemire obviously based that series on.

2 Likes

we are getting brave and bold in may thats what they called the batman movie

2 Likes

Both are drawing from the history of the Brave and the Bold title. It’s extremely unlikely that they are releasing this titles as any kind of marketing for the movie.

4 Likes

Brave And The Bold was the batman team up title during the bronze age and the Dawn Brave And The Bold seems to be a batman team up title also altho might be teaming up mostly with batman family members based on the first cover. The movie about batman and damian wayne should probably be called batman and robin to be more obvious, or maybe batman and son.

1 Like

I Finally got to read DCoIE 7 and think that everything at the end is a teaser. Darkseid will be back (fourth world stuff hopefully) Legion of doom will happen and there will be a new Suicide Squad and the Green Arrow series. plus, the other stuff I can’t remember.

1 Like

Can anyone explain what series these panels are for? I know green arrow.

2 Likes

The panels seems to give some idea what the characters will do next. Panel 1 has batman and damian wayne who continue in lazarus planet and Batman vs Robin 5. Panel 2 is about the justice society title. Panel 3 is about the Titans title and probably a Teen Titans title. Panel 4 has Kimiyo Hoshi. Panel 5 has Justice League Incarnate. Panel 6 has the Quintessence. Panel 8 maybe means there will be a new gods title soon. Panel 9 is about the plans of Lex Luthor in both action comics and the new superman title.

1 Like

thanks

Not sure how much the movie and tv plans are affecting Dawn. What I noticed is there seems to be a new desire for more consistency and that could mean the movie and tv costumes will affect comics more than in the past. In the good old days of the early 1990s, there was little consistency. I remember when Wally West was in the comics in the early 1990s, the tv show had barry allen, and the smallville tv show justice league was using bart allen. The cartoon justice league was using John Stewart and the smallville tv justice league was using Cyborg. When the movies had cyborg in the justice league, the comics also had Cyborg in the justice league. After the decision to reboot the movie universe, the comics were able to put Cyborg back in the Titans. For a Dawn justice league, my preference is superman, batman, ww, barry allen, hal jordan, black lightning, vixen, zatanna, green arrow, black canary, hawkman, aquaman. Such a line up will avoid the need to use john stewart or cyborg in the justice league and will avoid the need to use hawkgirl rather than hawkman. Hawkgirl can be used in the justice society where she started. The Young Justice cartoons justice league had both Hawkman and Hawkwoman, both Hal Jordan and John Stewart (plus Guy Gardner), Black Lightning later became leader altho I am not sure why they did not use Vixen, altho it had Icon, Rocket and Hardware, and also had Katana. The comics justice league can probably also have Katana and Vibe.

1 Like

Some possible Dawn titles are maybe a new Robin damian wayne title, a teen titans title, and a suicide squad title.

1 Like

It does feel like Batman vs. Robin is supposed to set Damian up for something big, but solicits in March and April haven’t revealed anything, so that’s very odd.

2 Likes

Suicide squad was set up at the end of DCoIE

1 Like