Dawn of DC

Amen to this! Would love GL Corps backups that serve as a runway to an ongoing GL CORPS book! Would love to see Guy, Kyle, Jessica and Simon back, plus other favorites like Kilowog, the Red Lanterns, and more.

1 Like

Looking deeper at PKJā€™s twitter, the John Stewart story will be a miniseries. Good to know!

Donā€™t forget that Batgirls was also started in backups to Batman, and the new Tim Drake series started with short stories in Urban Legends (as did Deathstroke Inc, Sword of Azrael at least).

That is exactly my thought - there is such richness to the GL Corps, having backups is a no brainer for me.

2 Likes

Dont know if this counts but I think it does, so Iā€™ll put it here.

I dont have to read all of Lazarus planet to understand certain issues right? I can pick and choose which ones to read.

2 Likes

The 20 anthology stories (10 pages each) look pretty independent from each other. The Jon Kent 10 pager leads to his solo title. The Power Girl 10 pager leads to her solo stories in Action Comics.

1 Like

I meanā€¦I donā€™t think so, but I donā€™t really know cause Iā€™m not reading most of it.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

The nickname of the John Stewart artist is Montos and his name is actually Osvaldo Pestana Montpeller. Instagram is montos1985, deviantart is montos85.

3 Likes

Iā€™m more confused by the changes. Apparently, the oans are alive and well based on the solicitation description.

1 Like

What happened to the Oans in Dark Crisis?

1 Like

It happened in the recent Green Lantern series. The oans along with other Maltusians in the dc universe were killed.

Iā€™ll be surprised if itā€™s those blue dr. Manhattan ones from The grant Morrison series will return.

1 Like

The Lazarus Planet One-Shotā€™s like Assault on Krypton and We Once Were Gods are really setting the table for a lot of these. For example the Wonder Woman family is in this latest one and thereā€™s a crossover with Aquaman in it to set up whatā€™s to come.

1 Like

The 10 page anthology stories (4 anthology stories per issue in 5 issues for 20 anthology stories) are quite brief and look more like previews for solo titles and possible solo titles.

1 Like

I think youā€™re right. I like what theyā€™re setting up a lot and am ready for these new titles to start dropping!

I wish the launch was more interesting to me. Lazarus Planet looks like itā€™s Budget Future State, but even with my lukewarm response to Future State, itā€™s better than my outright annoyance at Lazarus Planet.

1 Like

Dawn seems like the dawn of jackets on characters bec lots of characters seem to be wearing jackets.

Casually Comics pointed this out! They brought back Babsā€™s Burnside jacket, even! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am glad brave and bold is coming back as well as the old teen titans team there is still a lot on that map I wouldnā€™t give up hope of something nice coming your way

3 Likes

If youā€™re a DC Comics fan who has complained in the past that there were too many Batman related books and not enough other characters getting their own titles - now is the time to prove that other characters can thrive. Green Lantern, Doom Patrol, Hawkman, Cyborg - support them! This is a business and if the books are selling, they will keep making them and in fact will make more of them!

This isnā€™t an attack on any one specific but is, instead, a plea for people to support these upcoming titles. We all want DC to thrive and succeed and the more characters they have, the more diverse of a universe we have, the better for us and the better for them.

Letā€™s get out to our LCS and buy some books in 2023!

5 Likes

I know I will already have of course Iā€™m the person that buys batman and batfamily books so Iā€™m probable not who you were hoping for but Iā€™m siked

2 Likes

Action Comics #1050 and Superman: Son of Kal-El SPOILERS:

I think bringing back Clarkā€™s secret identity was a mistake. Superhero secret identities are kind of a dumb idea that these days are mostly done out of a sense of tradition. Superman going public was a good idea, for the exact reason that Lex took it away: People need to believe that Superman is a person. Heā€™s just a guy who could crush our planet with his pinkie toe if he wanted. We need to see him as human, for two equally true, contradictory reasons: We need to not mistrust him too much, and we need to not worship him. Revealing his secret identity was a strong safeguard against either of those things happening. Also, how does it even work? Like, obviously Jonā€™s identity is also revealed, so like, what about his relationship with Jay? The world saw the two of them kiss, so now do they remember Jay kissing Jon Kent, or kissing Superman? I know nothing matters in comics, but likeā€¦ Does it really have to not matter when itā€™s this good?

1 Like