Dawn of DC

tom king wants to write flash so maybe he will get a book

1 Like

I heard dc wanted to move jess chambers (kid quick) to earth 0. I thought it would happen during dark crisis, but so far, jess chambers (kid quick) has not yet moved to earth 0. Maybe Jess Chambers (kid quick) will move to earth 0 in the Wally West title or in a Barry Allen title.

Ew, Tom King on the Flash

2 Likes

Again? :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t hear anything about that.

1 Like

its just rumor at this point

1 Like

For Titans, looks like any hero can be part of Titans as needed by each mission. Titans seems like an umbrella group that can include members of other teams like justice society.

Nightwing 100 by Bruno Redondo:

blue beetle 5 by Adrian Gutierrez:

1 Like

Well, she was part of the old main earth in the old JSA series and since New Golden Age seems to take place on the current Earth 0 she should actually be part of Earth 0 already.

1 Like

I have clarified my post. Jesse Chambers (jesse quick) was in the pre flashpoint justice society and is also in the current justice society after doomsday clock 12. Jess Chambers (kid quick) is not yet on earth 0.

2023 doom patrol by chris burnham:

2 Likes

The Dawn of DC has begun! Action Comics #1051 came out today (January 24th) and I grabbed the Beach variant cover. Anyone else pick up this book?
Action Comics 1051 - Beach Variant

I have to wait, because my shop didnā€™t get the Weeks cover I ordered. :frowning:

1 Like

A big shakeup here - Taylor on Titans (unsurprising), Adams replaces Tamaki on Hal Green Lantern, PKJā€™s John Stewart title is now a backup in the GL book, and a Cyborg book - all three indicated to be ongoings, bucking the trend of miniseries being all weā€™re getting. Honestly, Iā€™m pretty excited about Adams, even though Iā€™m sad we wonā€™t get Tamakiā€™s take on Hal. And I think the ongoing hints are a much better sign than endless minis.

6 Likes

Green Lantern 1 by xermanico

Cyborg 1 by edwin galmon, interior art by Tom Raney

Titans 1 by nicola scott

2 Likes

Iā€™m also bummed at Tamaki not getting Hal, but the premise for Halā€™s story sounds interesting, and the art by Xermanico (man, Iā€™m gonna have to learn how to pronounce that) looks incredible. Iā€™m also curious about what this means for PKJā€™s John story. Is it now a co-feature length, or maybe weā€™ll get a bigger book?

1 Like

Iā€™m bummed about Tamaki, but thrilled about Adams.

Also, I say Zher-man-ih-coe.

I think the John Stewart story is a backup. Which I think is cool. I love backups.

1 Like

Looks like there will be a new Wonder Woman family title and a new Hawkman title. Based on Lazarus Planet, there will be a new Aquaman title and a new Vigil title. Later, a john stewart title. My guess is there will be a 2nd flash title. For events, there is Knight Terr which could be Knight Terrors and last event seems to be the return of justice league (maybe vs the skull tentacles ship of brainiac), so looks like the year long Dawn will end with the return of the justice league title. Justice League maybe will have superman, batman, ww, barry allen, hal jordan, green arrow, black canary, aquaman, hawkman.

Update from PKJ: https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/status/1618309671567388672

John Stewart ā€œfull seriesā€ (unclear on ongoing or miniseries) title is still coming, this backup is to launch it, not replace it. Good to know!

2 Likes

This is great news! As a fan of Taylorā€™s NIGHTWING, Iā€™m super excited for his long-expected TITANS relaunch, though it appears he will be pulling triple duty for a few months with his JON KENT mini as well.

I love what Adams has done with the FLASH title (while his plots arenā€™t always consistently good, his character work with the extended Flash family has been amazingā€¦the best work since Geoff Johns). While Tamaki might have come up with some interesting stories, Iā€™ve always felt that her Batman stories lacked satisfying conclusions despite strong starts.

Having Adams on both FLASH and GL also invites opportunities for some crossover events. Canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. Theyā€™ve done that before ā€“ Damianā€™s last on-going started with back-ups with Batman and Detective, and Poison Ivyā€™s maxi started with a back-up in Batman.

I wonder if this back-up is just for that first issue or if weā€™ll see other Lanterns get back-ups? That might be a good way to get some other Lantern stories. Maybe after Johnā€™s story is set up, weā€™ll get a Guy or Kyle story, or maybe even some of the other alien Lanterns.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to reading this! I always like Metallo, and heā€™s been one of the most interesting parts of the last several issues of Action Comics.

2 Likes