Dark Reflections

i thought it would be nice to make a thread about this stuff
i just decided i wanted to make more threads than i have previously and i like characters having darker versions

6 Likes

this fellow and more recently
this man gave me this idea
i dunno really what to say but i thought others may have ideas of dark reflections

3 Likes

Who’s the second character?

4 Likes

One of the absolute best dark reflections of any character

Emperor Aquaman

7 Likes

the second character is Travv or Cyborg superboy (funny how there was technically 2 of those in 2023)

4 Likes

you seem very unbiased on this topic

5 Likes

That suit though, damn… should be his default

6 Likes

@raider_dave66 my bad i told you who he is but didnt tell you the story hes from
hes from Superboy The Man Of Tomorrow
series so good it was in the top 10 most read issues of 2023

4 Likes

Stargirl and Black Adam

Atom Smasher and Eclipso

Mr. Terrific and The Thinker

Myself and Two-Face

Jade and Obsidian

Hawkman and Idamm

Magog when written by Johns and Magog when written by Willingham

Magog when written by Johns and Gog

Johnny Sorrow and Sandman

3 Likes

You know for a Superboy fan I’m surprised you didn’t choose the obvious one @wrrrryyyy12. :sweat_smile:

MATCH AND SUPERBOY

3 Likes

cuz current match isnt a dark reflection

3 Likes

current match is in a different situation
hes honestly more of a reflection of a different time
the slightly angrier kon-el/conner times (although he was not always angry in the black shirt there was times he was) match right now is in the situation conner is constantly pushed back into where he doesnt feel worthy and doesnt know where he belongs
because he learned hes a clone of a clone
match wants to be perfect like he assumes the person hes cloned from is and is sad because he thinks being a clone might make him less worthy of existing than his original

or at least thats my take on match

2 Likes

Well obviously all the evil supermen.

And do villains count? Because if so I would throw in General Zod.

3 Likes

villains typically are the dark reflections
although i think injustice superman really is just a highly out of character superman opposed to a dark reflection

but i know nothing about ultraman besides the mafia boss one from the animated film

4 Likes

True True.

Which villain of the Batman rogues gallery would you consider to be a dark reflection of Batman. I’ve thought about it but I’m honestly not quite sure there is one.

3 Likes

thats really hard to pin down and i would not be an expert on that i just think owlman in the crisis on two earths movie works well

3 Likes

Mafia boss is an accurate description.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it counts (because not sure if she counts as part of the rogues gallery) but I think Phantasm would also be a good choice

2 Likes

Outside of the rogues gallery we can’t forget about Flashpoint Batman

2 Likes

Dark reflection of Batman.

2 Likes