Dark Crisis - Preview & Discussion of DCs Major Comic Event for 2022

DC straight up spoiled Dark Crisis in the Flashpoint Beyond 5 preview.

2 Likes

Howso? I’m not keeping up with Flashpoint 2.

2 Likes

Here

2 Likes

huh. That’s odd.

2 Likes

I kinda find it funny how DC doesn’t seem to really give a crap about Dark Crisis anymore

2 Likes

I think that’s a bit overstated. They aren’t managing it well, but I don’t think they are aggressively against it.

5 Likes

Ah, a fellow public domain nerd! Welcome! But, no, I don’t think that’s what DC is trying to do. I expect most, if not all, of the Justice League to be back by the time Dark Crisis is over. I also expect the public domain laws to be rewritten before Supes and Bats ends up there, but… that’s just me.

4 Likes

Wow, they really let Geoff Johns just do whatever he wants, huh

2 Likes

Kinda

2 Likes

Out this week:

Variants:

Terry and Rachel Dodson.

Brett Booth.

Dan Jurgens (1:25).

Nathan Szerdy (1:50).

Which cover are you picking up, and…what’d you think of the book?

3 Likes

You know what I’m gonna say for my favorite part :wink:

4 Likes

I haven’t yoinked the book yet, so I actually don’t know.

I assume its something to do with Steph?

3 Likes

hehehehe, you know me.

4 Likes

tips a Sprite MN1’s way

I’m glad Steph’s in the book, as it gives me even more reason to skedaddle to Yon Comic Shoppe, now.

3 Likes

Favorite things from Dark Crisis #4:

The Hal and Barry interactions-

Hal: You gotta carry me, don’t you?
Barry: Don’t I always in one way or another?

Hal: All you can do is go forward. A wise man once told me that.
Barry: Thanks.
Hal: Superman is pretty smart, isn’t he?

The references to The Great Darkness’ roots in Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing.

Pariah succeeding in recreating the Infinite Earths.

Also, I was definitely right about Deathstroke being possessed. Apparently, the entire Secret Society is, as well. There is some question as to what, exactly, is possessing them as the Swamp Things point out that attacking superheroes seems beneath The Great Darkness.

Finally, is anyone really surprised that Bruce’s perfect Gotham is supposed to run like clockwork? It feels like things are ramping up and I look forward to the last three issues.

3 Likes

My favorite thing from Dark Crisis #4 is a Spoiler :wink:

4 Likes

LOL! Steph did make another nice cameo.

4 Likes

Okay! Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League- Wonder Woman was released and it gave us two more ideal worlds. One for Diana and one for J’onn. Let me summarize them like I summarized the others.

Wonder Woman- A world where she has rescued man’s world from nuclear/ecological disaster and has helped set it on a better path with her friend Etta Candy acting as US president. Potential spoilers from recent Wonder Woman comics coming, but I should also note that Hippolyta is alive on this world and Artemis is still on good terms with Diana and the Amazons. Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that Cheetah has been rehabilitated.

Martian Manhunter- A world where humans have evolved to become more like Martians so J’onn is no longer alone and can work as a detective in the open and have a family.

A couple little things from J’onn’s world: It was interesting that J’onn’s mind fought against the illusion of Pariah’s world and tried to tell the Martian Manhunter what was really happening. He just couldn’t accept it yet. Also, J’onn and his wife should’ve had a Choco cheesecake for dessert and not an Oreo cheesecake, but… the spirit of the reference was there.

3 Likes

It was a amazing read for something so short.
Martian Manhunter more so than any member of the Justice League is defined by that inherent loneliness. Whether it’s being the last of his kind or one where his inability to relate to humanity makes him desire a world where they resemble his people and their abilities on a superficial level is in character for him.

Love they highlight the detective side of Martian Manhunter. The literal Lovecraftian design with noir thriller vibes is just perfect for him.

3 Likes

DC just did an exclusive interview with Screen Rant where they announced Dark Crisis: The Big Bang. Don’t know how to do spoiler blur so read at your own risk.

The book comes out after the final issue of Dark Crisis and seems to be a guidebook to the new multiverse. Apparently many of the out of continuity series of the last couple of years are now in continuity. Mentioned specifically were : Jurassic League, The White Knight, Knights of Steel and i believe DCeased although i’m not sure about that last one.

5 Likes