Dark Crisis - Preview & Discussion of DCs Major Comic Event for 2022

I decided that I was going to buy this event a while back but I’m just going to buy the main series and the Young Justice tie-in. My LCS doesn’t have a pull list option so I figured I would do a subscription online for one of them and then plan my weeks out accordingly for the other.

I ended up doing the subscription for the Young Justice because the main series wasn’t an option, but I’m happy to be guaranteed to get that series. I’m very excited to see the team back together. Even though I haven’t looked up anything about it and I’m not even sure what version of the Young Justice team it is. But it says Young Justice on the cover, so I’m buying it. :sweat_smile:

Odds are, if I like this Crisis enough, I’ll get whatever trade paperback/hardcover comes out after it is all over. So I’ll have everything in some form anyway.

4 Likes

eyes checklist for the first WWAJL book

The best came first, just like they did in our world. :wink: :superman:

5 Likes

You mean that fellow from Metropolis, he was first to enter the light of day, but that fellow from Gotham, he was the first of the night.

That is a matter of opinion. I am not the biggest fan of the man of steel, but that Mild-mannered reporter guy…what was his name…Clark El…no Kal Kent…no Clark Kent that’s it, him I like.

I am not much of a Superman fan, so in my opinion, they saved the best for last. :batman: :0_batman_naob: :catwoman_hv_4:
PS(I can so see Public persona Bruce Wayne saying this when he first meets Clark)

3 Likes

Yeah, the guy the rest of the DCU owes its existence to. :wink:

Anyhow…did you read the FCBD book, yet? Its pretty snazzy.

6 Likes

Yes, read it before i posted it was good.
True.

5 Likes

PS:…well not quite 100% true as DCU owes its name to Detective comics were These guy’s first premiered :0_batman_naob: :batman: :0_batgirl: :0_nightwing:

4 Likes

Name, yes, but the collective pop culture brand known as DC began with Superman’s appearance in Action Comics #1.

Back on-topic, I loved Jim Cheung’s art in the FCBD ish. It was especially nifty to see Clayface, as I haven’t seen him in a modern book in a bit.

4 Likes

Well, Clayface ( Basil Karlo) was just in Catwoman’s fear state conclusion, Nightwing annual 2021 Had Clayface (Preston Payne) and Lady Clayface was in Detective comics just before Fear State started…and I think the shadow of the bat ark.

4 Likes

Yeah, Nightwing issues aside, I didn’t read Fear State or all of Shadows of the Bat (just 'Tec #1050), so its been a while since I’ve seen him in action.

4 Likes

Makes sense as Basil Karlo was dead for a while…would love to see Cassandra Cain lecture him into returning to the side of the angles.

4 Likes

This debuts today:

Who’s read it and what do you think?

Of the two new books I’m snagging today, the above is absolutely my most-anticipated of them, as I’m all-in for Dark Crisis.

6 Likes

I thought it was much more interesting than I expected…though the appearance of a certain character is likely responsible for that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do I need to guess this character, or is it truly a surprise?

4 Likes

It is not a surprise given that it’s me. :wink:

4 Likes

I keep forgetting Hal Jordan is going to have a big role in this, and then every time I remember I just get more excited for it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You’re in Dark Crisis? Me too!

Let’s go celebrate at Denny’s! Or the Ace o’ Clubs.

So far, this is one of my favorite A covers for Dark Crisis:

I always get goosebumps of geeky joy when I see Hal leading the charge to kick some intergalactic ass!

6 Likes

Oh my gosh, I hadn’t seen that yet. I love it!

3 Likes

There’s also going to be a 1:100 ratio foil variant of it, if you want to admire it in an extra fancy fashion.

Also, feast your emerald peepers on these Green Lantern-related slices of Dark Crisis, the covers for the Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League-Green Lantern one-shot:

A cover, by Fernando Blanco

B cover, by Mario Focillo (1:25 ratio)

1:50 foil edition of the main cover

The foil effect obviously doesn’t come across here, but I’m highlighting this edition anyway, so people unaware of it can then be people aware of it. :0_lc_green_lantern_hal_jordan:

I like the variant the best, but at a 1:25 ratio, I’ll just stick to the A cover when the book drops, then gawk at the variant online and in the eventual Dark Crisis trade.

5 Likes

Updated reading list just posted by Joshua Williamson! No surprise that this event is getting bigger as four issues have been added!

New issues:

• The Flash #786
  • Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green #1
  • Dark Crisis: The Dark Army #1
  • I Am Batman #15

6 Likes

“The Deadly Green” sounds bad, and scary. Which is appropriate for this event.

6 Likes