Dark Crisis - Preview & Discussion of DCs Major Comic Event for 2022

Gotta be Swamp Thing, right? Though your boy going bad could be called Deadly Green as well!

4 Likes

Yeah, I assumed it’s Swamp Thing related, although maybe it could involve the Green Lanterns becoming more harsh in a universe without a Justice League. Either one sounds interesting to me!

5 Likes

Me, too. I’m looking forward to late November/early December when all this fun starts here on DCUI and am jealous of those that can partake in the fun now and all summer long as the books get released!

4 Likes

Even though different events vary as far as how much I like them personally, it’s really fun to have new issues of a story to read every week. Right now I’m really enjoying DC vs. Vampires and Dark Knights of Steel, and there are multiple other titles I need to get into. I can’t wait for Dark Crisis to start. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s a look at the variant cover for Dark Crisis tie-in ‘The Flash #786’ with art done by
George Kambadais.

5 Likes

Thanks for the updated list!

I haven’t really followed any spoilers or hints about this, looking forward to see what unfolds.

Are there any particular heroes you want to see get some spotlight time during this crisis?

I’d like to see Batgirl get some time in the spotlight. Also, I’d love to see some of the characters from the Young Justice run get some time…not only the majors (Robin, Impulse, Wonder Girl) but the ones who were newly introduced (Jinny Hex, Naomi, Wonder Twins).

5 Likes

I’d like to see the return of Hawkman. Beyond that - any appearance by Deadman, Voodoo, Resurrection Man, Jonah Hex, Frankenstein or OMAC would be delightful.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Comixology subscriptions set (to the extent possible; some stuff still doesn’t show up). I think this is the first time I ever have The Flash on my digital pull list.

5 Likes

With my local comic shop closing I’ve decided to move entirely to DCUI for comics so I’m happy that ‘Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis #1’ came out yesterday in shops. That means my six month countdown for Dark Crisis to land here has begun!

5 Likes

If you’ve the time, check out The Flash from its Infinite Frontier beginning (#786), as it is (in the words of Chris Farley’s character in Billy Madison) “Good! Great! Grand! Wonderful!”

resumes reading JLRTDC

Oh, ho! I just saw one of my favorite Superman villians! :hugs: :black_circle: :skull:

6 Likes

That is a great cover, though I can’t help but think, “Uh…last time he had GL constructs of a lot of his peers after the loss of a lot of people he cares about, he snapped and killed the GLC.” I’m not saying that we’re going to get a George Lucas “it’s like poetry, it rhymes” out of this, but maybe someone should do a wellness check on Hal. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

We now have a press release from DC with more info on the issues added to the Dark Crisis checklist and some new artwork for covers of upcoming issues:

Cover A for Flash #786

Cover for unknown issue - maybe a variant for Dark Crisis #2?

6 Likes

FWIW here’s a list of when books are coming out in stores and when they’ll appear here on DCUI:

IN STORES - NOW / ON DCUI - NOVEMBER 2022

• Dark Crisis #0 FCBD Special Edition 2022
  • Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis #1

IN STORES – JUNE / ON DCUI - DECEMBER 2022

• Dark Crisis #1
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice #1
  • The Flash #783

IN STORES – JULY / ON DCUI - JANUARY 2023

• Dark Crisis #2
  • Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League - Superman #1
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice #2
  • The Flash #784

IN STORES – AUGUST / ON DCUI - FEBRUARY 2023

• Dark Crisis #3
  • Dark Crisis: World Without a Justice League – Green Lantern #1
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice #3
  • The Flash #785

IN STORES – SEPTEMBER / ON DCUI - MARCH 2023

• Dark Crisis #4
  • Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Wonder Woman #1
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice #4
  • The Flash #786

IN STORES – OCTOBER / ON DCUI - APRIL 2023

• Dark Crisis #5
  • Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green #1
  • Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Green Arrow #1
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice #5

IN STORES – NOVEMBER / ON DCUI - MAY 2023

• Dark Crisis #6
  • Dark Crisis: The Dark Army #1
  • Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Batman #1
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice #6
  • I Am Batman #15

IN STORES – DECEMBER / ON DCUI - JUNE 2023

• Dark Crisis: War Zone #1
  • Dark Crisis #7
5 Likes

That Flash cover promises much! Very excited!

5 Likes

I haven’t seen a lot of hype for this

4 Likes

That’s because most people are maxed out on crises. Its no longer an event because we know there’s another one around the corner. They’ve become meaningless.

3 Likes

Thats what I figured and we all know that the League will come back

3 Likes

DARK CRISIS HAS BEGUN!

Are you getting Dark Crisis #1 today? Have you already gotten it? If so, what did you think!?!

4 Likes

You mean there’s a Crisis Crisis?

4 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t even be too surprised to see an event w/ that name

4 Likes