Crown the Greatest DC Film Tournament

I’ve never watched it because I hate 300 with a fiery passion, which makes me reluctant to watch Snyder movies that I don’t have to see as a DC enthusiast.

2 Likes

Hey @MovieAddict. I could give u a movie from that book every week or something if u want? It starts with movies in the 1920’s in all the categories. It’s so good. All those movies made it in that book for a reason.

2 Likes

@MovieAddict

You might want to add a link periodically of where the current round of polls are. At this rate we’re gonna bury them with all our blabber. Or maybe a mod can help make 'em more visible.

5 Likes

Awwwww. Again I have to say Awwwww… killing me 300 is great as well as the sequel

1 Like

Yeah let’s get back to polls? Whenever you’re ready tho

1 Like

I mean… if it’s up to me Watchmen takes the cake?

2 Likes

It’s great if you like watching hypermasculine movies at 50% speed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think one of his greatest accomplishments in BvS was learning how to make an action scene that isn’t in slow motion. I’m sure it was a struggle, but he did it!

3 Likes

Why do u phrase things so I disagree but can’t argue? Haha, that’s pretty talented

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who hated 300

3 Likes

That’d be cool

1 Like

I bookmark the start of the bracket and share the link on several posts. I already thought of the potential to lose the place of the current vote. Good catch though

3 Likes

Awwww… & ok lol I could lay some out for u. Maybe take pics of the 1st in all categories then do more when u finish em. HBO MAX will help. They have a TCM option that has a ton from that book. I got to 378 by TCM on cable, video stores, & dumb luck.

1 Like

It’s kinda funny that I’ve been so excited about the Snyder Cut when there’s only one Snyder movie that I love (BvS) and one that I kinda like (Watchmen), but there it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and for anyone just now joining us, the current round of polls is right here:

5 Likes

I started hearing the Gilligan’s Island theme when the lightning flashed over the boats in the water

2 Likes

O watched The Lodger on HBO Max, really enjoyed it…

1 Like

It’s my duty to watch it now. There’s a movie called Ad Astra on MAX. supposed to be amazing. Hate to use the phrase again but I have it on good authority that it’s a visual sci-fi feast. Never been lead wrong by my sources

2 Likes

You should do some animated DC films @MovieAddict? That would be awesome!!!

2 Likes

Considering more tournaments, 1 at a time is all I can handle though

2 Likes

Or just create a thread over in the iceberg lounge. Easy to track there.

3 Likes

I’ll leave that to anyone who wants to share the tournament elsewhere. I don’t have a lot of time to browse the boards too heavily…

1 Like