Crisis On Infinite Earths (šŸšØSPOILERšŸšØ)

Itā€™s BS. Iā€™m sorry, but it is.

Thatā€™s straight up, blatant, obvious, in-your-face agenda and it sucks.

Itā€™s why, save for crossovers, I donā€™t watch Supergirl anymore.

5 Likes

Part 2 was awesome. So many goosebump moments.

4 Likes

I loved seeing Kevin Conroy as the old broken Batman. Very excited for tomorrowā€™s episode.
Iā€™m loving this crossover so far.

4 Likes

Awesome fight between the two Supermen

5 Likes

So Conroyā€™s Batman was basically an even older Batfleck if he killed Superman? I didnā€™t know how much I needed that

3 Likes

They were fixing something that wasnā€™t broken (i.e. her classic Otto Binder origin). Same thing with the post-Crisis Power Girl origin: needlessly convoluted. If you donā€™t want to give Superman a cousin, then donā€™t include a Supergirl.

Here I am complaining about the original Crisis instead of the new one. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was so happy hearing the old Reeve Superman Score when Routh Superman was on

9 Likes

Bruhā€¦ you still on this anti Supergirl having a chance to shine thing? Itā€™s one show. Itā€™s literally the only show where she is more powerful. At some point you just gotta get over it. Itā€™s not an agenda. Was it an agenda about male superiority when Superman was more powerful? No. Thatā€™s not how storytelling works. JUST BECAUSE ITā€™S NOT WHAT YOU WANT IT DOESNā€™T MEAN ITā€™S BAD!!! I love this version of Kara. I really do.

6 Likes

Anyways, I wanted to come on and say I LOVED THE BATMAN TWIST!!! I think using Kevin Conroy was so smart and a great way to subvert expectations. Having Kevin, the quintessential version of the dark knight, end up being bad in his first live action role for the character made that twist hit WAY harder. I am loving this so far. Is it perfect? No. But I would be lying if I didnā€™t say middle school me would have lost his mind seeing this after reading the storyline for the first time. Canā€™t wait for the rest of this story!!!

5 Likes

I donā€™t have an open mind to DC writing itself into a corner with the Legion of Super-Heroes and having to resort to ā€œPocket Universeā€ nonsense to get around it. Just leave Superboy, Supergirl, and General Zod be, and you wonā€™t have to come up with silly technobabble explanations later. :stuck_out_tongue:

My heart melted when we saw Smallville Superman and learn he gave up his powers for his family (daughters awww).

Then I was like wtf how but remembered Smallville jor el loved to ā– ā– ā– ā–  with Clarkā€™s powers and take them away so Clark couldā€™ve asked for them gone.

Has Clark ever had daughters in the comics? I only remember sons.

3 Likes

Thought 2 was even better than 1, nice twists more characters with more to do. Rough as Superman is flipping awesome

3 Likes

Even without powers, he was great! For a small role, that was a lot of fun.

4 Likes

I know heā€™s had at least one version with a daughter. Lara or something like that. Idk about two.

4 Likes

Ok. This is the last discourse Iā€™ll have with you.

Just because you like it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s good. Iā€™m an author. Iā€™ve written books, comics, done fiction inserts on RPGS, and was a game designer for a decade.

Iā€™m putting that there for a reason.

Iā€™ve done ā€œmessagingā€ and Iā€™ve done ā€œtargeted contentā€ and that is a big part of Supergirl the TV show.

The difference is that there are good, and bad, ways to do targeted content. The good way to do it is by making it subtle, while still getting the message across.

Example:
Terminator: Dark Fate - This was the best pro feminism film Iā€™ve seen in decades. A female lead action film primarily about one woman overcoming grief, while another is finding her place. It subverts the ā€œmother of the saviorā€ trope well to tell an engaging story.

The difference between that and other films with the same targeted message is that they didnā€™t go out of their way to crap on the T-800. The T-800 was just as awesome as the T-800 has always been. Even though he didnā€™t show up until 45 minutes in and got very little screen time AND was played as a broken down, old, machine.

It wouldā€™ve been (and could be) very easy, heck I couldā€™ve done it, to get the targeted message across in Supergirl without nerfing Superman and winking at the audience every time they do it.

Heck they actually had Clark say, ā€œYou always have to show me up.ā€ While looking directly at the camera.

4 Likes

Manā€¦ youā€™re really triggered about this dude. I donā€™t think itā€™s really our place as men to say what women and feminism need (Iā€™m assuming since your profile name is Henry youā€™re a man, I am sincerely sorry for misgendering you if thatā€™s not the case). Men havenā€™t been oppressed or systematically belittled and stereotyped in media (specifically superhero media) like women have. Now you can come in all high mighty about being a writer but that doesnā€™t mean youā€™re perfect. Thatā€™s a fallacy known as ā€œappeal to authority.ā€ Just because you want something done your way, doesnā€™t mean itā€™s the right way (no matter what credentials you think matter). Itā€™s Supergirlā€™s show. If the writers wanted her to be more powerful and to do something different, THEN LET THEM! And donā€™t watch. But donā€™t come on here and complain that you werenā€™t spoon fed exactly what you expected. I love this version of Kara. SO MANY PEOPLE DO!!! So let them enjoy it. Iā€™m not opposed to criticism of what I like, but this just seems so buried into your personal preferences rather than outright criticism. Have a nice night :)!

3 Likes

I canā€™t ever remember him having multiple daughters at once, but there was Lara from the Dark Knight Returns universe and the other Lara from Injustice Supermanā€™s Black Mercy vision in year 3, so technically only 1 unless Iā€™m forgetting anyone else

3 Likes

Thanks for knowing the actual runs! I remembered Lara but I couldnā€™t remember where from. This is why I love DCU!!!

3 Likes

@MissGsptlsnz the only example that comes to mind is from Superman: Secret Identity where that Clark had two daughters.

5 Likes

Why, why , why did the CW ever cast someone new for Superman when they had Brandon Routh already under contract??? What a wasted opportunity. After seeing Brandon next to the CW Lois Lane (they looked perfect together by the way) I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to bother with the new Superman show.

3 Likes