Crisis on Infinite Earth Finale Reactions 🚨 SPOILERS AHEAD! 🚨

Quick question: When Lois calls Superman, she does say “sons” and “boys” right? As in the plural form?
Does these mean we will get Super twins? A Jonathon and Conner Kent? Superboy red and blue?
Always been a Superman fan, but this new show got much more interesting if that is true.

10 Likes

Questions going forward:

What will the canary spin off be like with the future changed now? Baby Sara is back so that would affect JJ, telling them Zoey dies, and the whole one earth thing means it won’t be the future we saw before.

Sons plural! Not sure what to expect from the Superman and Lois spin off but excited for the babies! Unless they age them up to see them develop powers Ă  la Smallville.

Justice league!!! Hall of Justice!!! How will they team up in the future??? Is the green arrow chair really always going to be empty?

4 Likes

Definitely sons, and since Baby Sara lives again, it is highly likely that Lois & Clark have 2 babies in the new timeline, twins would be the most logical route. The Arrowverse has never failed me and I look forward to the future, even without Ollie…

7 Likes

Well, I didn’t care for the very beginning or the very end. The very beginning with Burt Ward giving a most “Holy predictable!” line and the very end with the reference to Gleek and the Super Friends. Both references to something less than worthy of respect from adults for this artform. Mark Evanier did a great job summing up the problem with Batman '66 in his recent column ( News From ME - Mark Evanier's blog ) . Mr. Ward would have been much better served with a line that obliquely refers to the show but without the cliche, something like, “oh, I don’t think shark repellent is gonna work on this!”

Personally, if I was able to do it, I would start with two old friends having lunch and talking about the good old days, the two old friends played by Burt Ward and Lynda Carter, two actors so give them some superior writing and let them act!. Then, when the the red skies appear, we’re off and running… At the end of episode 5, we pick up with the same old friends having the same lunch saying “Now, where were we?” and talking about how its not the old days but then talking about the future (while cutting in scenes of the JLA table and all the other heroes and worlds) and how it looks like its in good hands (which I think it is in the Arrowverse)).

So, the beginning and the end, not so much. But the middle was AWESOME!

Loved the cameos, loved the Easter eggs, and considering the demands of a story so huge and a budget so small, they did a fantastic job! While I could talk about the ending with who is on what Earth. I don’t think it really matters. What matters is where this allows the Arrowverse to continue in telling the best stories possible, much like the 1985 Crisis on Infinite Earth series was supposed to do.

To all those involved with this crossover: thanks for a great ride!

2 Likes

The cameos and lines were all about fan service. Having Gleek and the red skies line were for the fans and most loved the nod. As for Super Friends, I was a kid who grew up with it, but I could not get into Teen Titans or TT Go because they were too juvenile for me. It is all about timing, and SF still holds that special place, so any quality nod is good. I have mentioned that the Wonder Twins were awesome on Smallville, and I hope Arrowverse does as well with them…

3 Likes

I enjoyed it. It’s obviously the biggest crossover attempt on TV. The last two episodes were fun. I do wish that Brandon Routh would have reappeared as Superman (other than just in that last scene) again to actually be in the final battle. In the comics it was mainly him in the final battle along with Superboy. I guess having the Atom take over in that final battle was a creative choice but honestly I would have been happier with more of him as the Superman. With how episode 3 ended I feel like that character really should have been brought back into the fold since he’d featured heavily in the first 3 episodes, it felt strange for him to still be gone. The anti monitor enbiggening was strange, very power ranger battle type…when he was normal size in his force field that to me was a better final battle than making him huge. Also him going into the microverse doesn’t defeat him, it mildly inconveniences him lol Haha I thought - wait a minute well that doesn’t really end him or get rid of him. That’s how you get a villain to return. I assume he will be the big bad on either the second half of the current flash season and or the legends show. Legends director said in an interview that the legends new series would focus heavily on Crises aftermath especially since the first episode of their new season was the finale technically. I’m not surprised there was no Wonder Woman… if they had dome that…the comics killed a version of her off…fans wouldn’t want that in the long run to just see her and then watch her die which is mainly all she did in the comic finale. Routh is supposed to have this be his last season on legends so I figure he will probably suit up in the Superman suit again in his final season. FB_IMG_1572671353055 FB_IMG_1572671346394 FB_IMG_1572671362348 I loved that they made Olliver furn into someone else something else as the Spectre. Also I like team Arrow with the Legends! I assumed it’d be like Echo when he was on their show, he shows up for a few minutes and that’s about it except for crossovers getting more time then. I hope team arrow just joins up with the legends for awhile like Wally did but I doubt it. David Ramsey who plays Diggle had an interview on dcdaily and it didn’t sound to me like he was going to be a series regular so probably not but I’d like to see it. Baby Sara is a great nickname y’all lol. FB_IMG_1572677640594 FB_IMG_1572671377869 FB_IMG_1572671359095

I did love the crossover though, best one yet!

4 Likes

Understand and totally agree about the fan service, and I respect that. Its just not everyone’s cup of tea. To-MAY-toe, To-MAA-toe, It’s all good.

I was a kid when Super Friends was on too and grew up with it. But I’m an adult now and can recognize the damage those shows did. Again, I refer to the Mark Evanier column.

Recently, I watched some Super Friends episodes with my first cousin once removed who is four. He started watching that after B:TAS was too scary for him. I now associate Super Friends with the four year old. When he’s older, maybe I’ll get him his first copy of Watchmen, just like I did with his father when he was a teenager.

1 Like

I loved all five episodes, and I can’t wait to see how the Arrowverse (we need to keep the name alive… FOR OLIVER!!) is affected going forward. I was hoping for a giant Ollie-Spectre appearance to fight the Anti-Monitor, but at the same time bringing Oliver back (again) would have undercut all the great stuff in this episode with characters mourning/coming to terms with his death. In my mind, the closing V.O. shows he’s still out there in some form, and hopefully we’ll spend the last hour of Arrow seeing him visit characters to say a final farewell before meeting up with Felicity wherever she went in last year’s finale.

I think my favourite thing to come out of Crisis outside of the fun cameos and the big picture consequences is the burgeoning friendship between Barry and Jefferson. Sure, logistics will probably keep their future interactions to a minimum, but their scene together in part 3 was a highlight for me and Barry needs another veteran hero (remember, ‘new guy’ Black Lightning is on his second go-round as a superhero) to look up to now that Ollie is gone.

Ultimately, Crisis delivered exactly what we expected: the biggest team up they’ve ever done, a ton of fan service Easter eggs, and a streamlining of the multiple Earths (which I was originally against, because I worried about its effect on the current Supergirl and Black Lighting storylines, but I’ve made peace with because I trust the writers to make it work). There were surprises along the way (Erza Miller!) and a few disappointments (STILL no Diggle Green Lantern?!), but I wouldn’t trade a minute of it because it was everything I’ve loved about the Arrowverse for the last eight seasons all in one event worthy of the term.

6 Likes

Great pics! Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

Enjoyed every minute of every episode. Wish Hoechlin’s Superman was featured a bit more prominently during the final battle, but that’s just fan bias on my part; the stars of the original shows deserved the spotlight there. Another wish was to at least see (or make mention of) the Arrowverse Batman and Wonder Woman. Not seeing room on the table for them in the Hall of Justice felt a tad off. But, there is a Hall of Justice and a Justice League now…which is all sorts of awesome. I’ll take what I can get, which in this case was a lot, especially with a Superman show on the horizon. Very much looking forward to how they’re going to incorporate all these elements into the shows going forward.

Regarding the cameos…yeah…pure joy. I lost it just as much as the next guy when Ezra Miller showed up. And when they showed the Gleek cage and then cut to the Hall of Justice with the SuperFriends music…my grin was from ear to ear :grin:.

Thank you DC, WB and CW :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It will be amazing to see each show on the cw and see wear it goes from here can’t wait it also answers the possibility crossover questions for DC universe shows and explains doom patrol I was wondering about that. I was disappointed that Mia Smoak isn’t coming back I was all happy happy joy joy to see kate with Alex though alex is a clean slate and Sarah remembers everything will Sarah bring up what happened at the wedding?

1 Like

Ezra’s cameo surprised me. It was strange lol. I feel like it requires more explanation…hoping it will mean a longer appearance in this season of the flash. We see the DCEU films exist but now which part of the multiverse are they in?!? FB_IMG_1573413555119 FB_IMG_1573413766225 FB_IMG_1572682913496 I think combining the worlds was a good idea but it’s still more confusing than needed and I’m wondering where are all of the people? Olliver first died saving a bunch of people from Kara’s earth…then everyone was wiped out and now we have a hodgepodge like the comics did but there’s still several different earths…?

1 Like

I’m curious if we’re going to see an adult Sara Diggle especially with her brother JJ going to the dark side in the future

2 Likes

I think they used Ezra’s cameo, at a time when the multiverse was technically destroyed, to hint at the existence of multiple multiverses, much as Dark Knights: Metal did.

Basically, I think they are saying that the artist formerly known as the DCEU is its own multiverse, with the Man of Steel/JL world as that mutiiverses Earth-One (or Prime, or whatever), but just as importantly, that the Speed Force connects those multiverses (multiversi?).

I’m hoping that they use some variation of that scene when they get to finally make the Flashpoint (or whatever it’s going to be called) movie. The possibility alone makes me excited for it!

I’m pretty sure that those scenes were taken from the green lantern movie.

For years, a certain other company, who’s movies and TV shows I generally love insisted, “It’s all connected” and it really wasn’t— oh, the individual show runners made nods to each other and the movies-- but the movie makers didn’t care, and lots of characters were locked into their network or streaming service all along-- no possibility of showing up in one of the movies, after all.

But in the Arrowverse-- it’s all connected. Oh, sure-- nobody figured out how to slip some enhanced footage of George Reeves into the proceedings, or how to talk Terri Hatcher and Lynda Carter’s agents into letting them do cameos-- their previous appearances were both recurring roles. But its easy enough to imagine those worlds out there, somewhere.

A few random thoughts

I was hoping for an appearance of Nora/XS.

I want a Beebo stuffed toy.

I would have toned down the voice modulation of Oliver as the Spectre.

I will hear no more nonsense about “the bad acting” on the CW shows.

The one Earth is a needed change, and its one of the reasons SUPERMAN AND LOIS is going straight to series. Supergirl being on a different Earth lost its luster before Elseworlds. Visiting other Earths/Elseworlds should take us places we don’t see 13-22 times a year.

I doubt anybody will ever admit what Earth Black Lightning was on… it will be interesting to see how much CRISIS aftermath there will be on that show.

Will Winn just be back at the DEO?

Is Cisco’s brother alive again? Barry sort of brought him into existence in season 1, and then lost him into the time winds after ‘Flashpoint.’

I won’t make a guess on next years crossover, but I’m predicting ZERO HOUR for the year after that.

Props to Ezra Miller. He really didn’t have to do this-- he either took a base rate, or Warner’s paid him themselves.

Speaking of that-- anyone who mentions the Nielsen ratings will furthermore be ignored. :innocent: If Warner Bros was using the Nielsen’s as their main gauge, they would not have suggested Ezra Miller appear for only two million viewers.

JSA! JSA! JSA!!

What happened to the original Earth-2?

I guess the Doom Patrol exists on two Earths. Cool.

When is the next musical crossover? So many of our heroes sing.

The full casts of Legends, Supergirl, and Arrow got billed whether they appeared or not, but the cast of Batwoman did not.

3 Likes

The Green Arrow chair would be for his daughter, wouldn’t it?

The crossover was a lot of fun! This is literally the Arrowverse now since Oliver created it! I would have ended it with Lex Luthor spying on the Justice League meeting via hidden camera, and saying, “I need to do some recruiting!”

3 Likes

I honestly hope it’s not. I don’t think anyone should be able to sit in the Green Arrow chair as it’s both a representation of Oliver’s sacrifice and kind of a way to honor the heroes who have given up their lives. It’s a way to remember that being a hero has dire consequences.

3 Likes