Crisis on Infinite Earth Finale Reactions šŸšØ SPOILERS AHEAD! šŸšØ

The great thing about combining Earthā€™s is not just more heroes on Earth Prime now but all the iconic cities of the DC Universe exist together: Gotham, Metropolis, Central City, Star City, etc. And instead of only getting name-drop/references to those cities like we would prior we now have heroes attached to them which makes the world feel more alive than it had been before prior to combining them.

17 Likes

Yeah, nothing is gained by making the story less convoluted, bringing Black Lightning into the fold, forming a Justice Leagueā€¦

8 Likes

Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.!!

18 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the best parts of COIE, the fallout.

Glad theyā€™re down to one earth. Easier for CW fans to track, easier team ups/crossovers, which increase viewership and can expose non-comics fans to heroes and villains they never knew. Also, a single, known & connected world makes it easier to step on to a show because you have some, if minor context to it. Also, a single shared earth means more awareness of anything of scale going on outside the individual heroā€™s city. For example Myriad and the Daxamite invasions on Supergirl would at least be referenced in another show.

14 Likes

I enjoy every minute of it, I was really please how it ended, love all the cameos, I was glad they show Titans and Doom Patrol, how would they have a new season if their world stay destroyed? And Stargirl, WHEN IS THE SHOW COMING?! I canā€™t wait to see it! By the way @TaimurDar, I like your Stargirl picture! :grinning:

10 Likes

I am pretty sure the Green Lantern footage was from the 2011 film. But given Green Lantern is going to HBO Max I can only assume they were implying the HBO MAX green Lantern. They likely didnā€™t have any actual footage from the show yet since I believe it hasnā€™t even started filming, so the movie footage stood in. Although I guess it could go either way.

I loved the final 2 parts and this whole story. I could pick apart the storyline flaws, and there were some, or what was and wasnā€™t represented. But the truth isā€¦ I just donā€™t ultimately care. They gave us a crossover that served as a love letter to DC TV and Movies and even animation of the past, heck to some extent even comic books, and gave us appearances by characters from so many movies and TV shows I donā€™t even want to list them because I would do the injustice of forgetting someone.

We can pick apart who should have been added, but likely in most if not all cases for rights and licensing, budget, and other behind the scenes issues they couldnā€™t. (I do not believe for a second for example all the pieces in place for Wonder Woman from 1977 to make an appearance, the money was there, Linda Carter was willing and they said ā€œwhat? No one wants that, forget it we wonā€™t add her!ā€) But it was clear they worked hard to deliver and I 100% believe they gave it their best effort to make something special and they did.

Nothing like this has ever really been done before. And they didnā€™t have an infinity War size budget to do it.

I do think after a year of hype it set a lot up to have explectations they could never meet. But I just canā€™t hate it. It felt like something special and was a love letter to DC TV and moviesā€¦ that was more enough enough for me and because of the unprecedented task and how much it made this life long DC fan smileā€¦ I will just this once give them a pass on any flaws it had.

17 Likes

Everyoneā€™s freaking out because of Ezra, Swampy, Stargirl, Doom Patrol, and Titansā€¦ and Iā€™m sitting here waiting impatiently for a Wonder Twins show now.

12 Likes

I am absolutely spent. Just when I thought they couldnā€™t shock me with any more cameos or surprises, they gave me so much. Ezra. Marv Wolfman. Stargirl (AND STRIPE AND the JSA all on Earth 2!), the DCU shows, and freaking Gleek alongside the Super-Friends music.

And the future? They set up a new status quo for Lex ā€¦ but I also canā€™t wait to see what the other shows do with their ā€˜soft resetā€™ buttons. So much opportunity here!

I am just so overwhelmed. Iā€™d love to see any scenes left on the cutting room floor (or even cut at the script stage). It must have been so tempting to write (and film) so many dozens more scenes when you get a cast together like this.

Just. Just. Wow.

13 Likes

Baby Sara lives!!! I never lost hope!

Also, Iā€™m still shooketh from the Ezra Miller scene. What a treat!

Marv Wolfman was awesome too. Iā€™m still processing everything but wow!

11 Likes

The last two episodes was a masterpiece in how event stories should work. They had wonderful fan moments and more importantly spent a lot of time on a MASSIVE fall out. The last episode was hilarious, emotional, and thrilling all at the same time. I had even forgotten my biggest hope of the night was John becoming a green lantern. BUT there is still time. I have to assume that WONDER TWINS might becoming. I think creating teenager focused shows and genre expansion will be a HUGE part of the CW moving forward. The rumored Manhunter Show only increases that desire. The even more valuable thing is it created a platform and a story that makes you WANT to follow every DC live action production. With Marvel moving in the same direction with Disney+, I canā€™t WAIT to see these two rivals balance their shared universeā€™s in different but AMAZING ways.

Also that Ezra Miller Cameo SHOCKED ME in SOOOOO Many ways and was both self-deprecating but also hilarious and awkward. A MASTERPIECE scene.

9 Likes

Stargirl, Hourman, Yolanda Montez/Wildcat, Dr. Midnite, S.T.R.I.P.E., Wolfman appearance & Perez nod with Perez landing scene, Gardner Fox nod with Gardner Pier, Super Friends theme playing during Gleek scene & The Hall of Justice. The lead in to Lois & Clark, JLā€™s Ezra Miller, Titans Hawk & Dove, Raven, Todd, Starfire, 1st mention of the Microverse in CW history (loved how Palmer said could mean copyright infringements ), Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Sargon, The Weather Witch!, The new HQ in the abandoned Star Labs facility complete with the round table & insignia chairs. Black Lightning appearance was great. Beebo was like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters. Loved the almost verbatim explanation of the creation of the Multiverse from Crisis. Tons to unpack. I just finished it so all that from one viewing means thereā€™s definitely more nods etc. I missed. Canā€™t wait to rewatch & dissect it.

10 Likes

A lot of moments

Lex being Lex

Ryan being Ryan

Ollie as Spectre with the green hood

Spectre fights Anti Monitor

Ollieā€™s second desth

Lex now a good guy

Marv Wolman getting the autographs of the two people he killed in 1986 Supergirl and Flash

Perez Pier

Ezra Miller I didnā€™t know that was him

Sarah and Barry just talking sbout losses.

The last battle with representations of all of us GLBT, Straight, Male, Female, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian

The various new worlds
Stargirl
Green Lantern
Swamp Thing
Titans
Doom Patrol dancing!

Kate with Kara and Alex while President speaks about Ollie

The memorial and speeches for Ollie

The Eternal Flame

Flash and Black Lightning interacting ā€œHe seemed to be a gopd dude.ā€

The expanse of the place. Room.for all the other heroes to join in for the nrxt crisis.

The Super Friends theme

The round table with a seat for Ollie

The symbols on each chair

Superman
Supergirl
Batwoman
Flash
Sarah Lance
Black.Lightning
Martian Manhunter
With Ollie or his daughter makes 8
There are 8 chairs
The Justice League

Gleek.the monkey with the Wonder Twins in Super Friends

The outside view of the Hall of Justice

Probably much much more

8 Likes

I completely lost my :poop: over this!! I had stopped watching the CW shows except for crossovers but now that weā€™ve got a ā€œsoft rebootā€ Iā€™ll jump back on.

That freaking JL tease though :grin::grin::grin:. Iā€™m over the moon excited about the future of DCTV!!

4 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna lie I wish they work hard on writing this event but itā€™s fan worthy event.

Iā€™m really struggling against the impulse to give up on the Arrowverse going forward because I feel like much of the pre-Crisis setup that the ā€œcoreā€ shows engaged in is now meaningless, or at least a whole lot more convoluted, which dampens my interest.

I really enjoyed the crossover. Freaked out when Ezra showed up in the speed force. The Marv cameo was beautiful. The big fight at the end of Arrow was a bit lackluster on effects but I donā€™t fault them as I am sure every penny of the budget was squeezed to the fullest.

7 Likes

Especially after their appearance on Smallville years ago. I thought they went from pathetic characters to well fleshed out enjoyable characters on there, but the only Gleek they had was a phone case. I donā€™t know they would be able to carry a live action show on their own, unless CW is going to start a major Saturday morning lineup. They would definitely be a strong kidā€™s show. As far as recurring guest stars, that would definitely be greatā€¦

2 Likes

The only thing I really need and didnā€™t get is something I understand. I desperately want/NEED a Wonder Woman on the CW shows. I get that the film is huge business for WB and they do not want to jeopardize that, yet I do not understand why Superman and Flash are allowed both, but Wonder Woman and even Batman are held back. We do have Themyscira and Cheetah existing in the Arrowverse, so maybe one day WB will loosen the grip and give us more. Personally, I will welcome WW on DCU, CW, AND films, and I will take in every second of her I receive. These projects have all proven they can do amazing things translating the characters to the screen and I would love to see that happen with WWā€¦

7 Likes

Thatā€™s the beauty and curse of COIE, everything pre-crisis is canon, but there is now a pre and post crisis continuity.

4 Likes

Donā€™t look at it like that, yet. They went into their seasons knowing they would have to deal with the fall out from Crisis. So I would at least hope they planned their story arcs to use it. To make it into a positive and not be held back by it. If they didnā€™t plan on it, wellā€¦I imagine it will all be pretty bad. But I am hoping that Black Lightening and Supergirl can use this jump to ā€œNew Earthā€ to explore some new ideas and open larger storylines.

4 Likes