Create an Evil Plan!

OPERATION: BLOOD BANK

Wars begin and end with a tidal wave of changing minds. And no one has greater access to a more influential group of minds than Maxwell Lord. With his mental abilities and government clearance, he can move every piece he wants into place.

The only problem is that every time Lord expends his powers, he loses blood. So to keep this up, we’ll have to get around that.

First, we’ll use Brother Blood to convert Lord into a vampire, allowing him to replenish his supply via direct sustenance from another source.

And for a source, we’ll need someone with plenty of blood to spare… for instance, a Red Lantern, whose blood supply is continuously replenished by their ring. We’ll need a dedicated, focused Red Lantern who is dedicated to the cause of sowing rage without letting their own get in the way of our long term goals. For that job, I nominate Bleez.

With Brother Blood’s conversion and Bleez’s free-flowing blood supply. Maxwell Lord is free to make the world’s leaders his pawns.

4 Likes

Evil scheme: EXPERIENCE

Vandal savage and Genral Immortus have an OVERFLOWING amount of experience in world wars and just wars in general. I believe they would have no problem at all in creating a world war III. Now… just in case them two are not enough, psycho pirate will come in handy to give the war some extra SPICE, with feelings of anger, war, brutality, etc.

4 Likes

Not such a good evil scheme name… I know.

1 Like

In order to create a World War, the first thing that we’re going to need is a complex web of alliances. Lex Luthor, worth his political experience can cover that. He’s been known to be able to have the right friends in the right places to strike the right deal. If Luthor needs any help on that front, we can get Queen Bee to help him out with her position as queen of Bialya. The only thing left to do is to introduce some sort of chaos and polarize nations accross the world. Who better to bring chaos than the Joker? Luthor and Queen Bee will pull a few strings and get Joker to be ruler of some random country (there is precedent for this in the Death in the Family arc when Joker gets diplomatic immunity by becoming the Iranian ambassador). This should set off a string of events where one country declares war on the other, and the previously set up alliances pits half the world’s countries against the other half.

2 Likes

shoot! I left space for an operation name but forgot to come back to it. Let’s just say:

OPERATION: WORLD WIDE WEB OF WAR

1 Like

Hrmph. Base primitives. I am Grodd. While your misbegotten species disgusts me, one of your number has continually frustrated my plans: the Flash. Were I to bring him under my psychic control, I would be unstoppable, but this is not what I ask of you.

It is already done.

I instead intend to prove that the age of the ape has begun once and for all. I have seized control of Gorilla City, using the Flash to keep the populace in line. Send five human, non-powered villains to defeat me and my new minion. If, by some trickery, you succeed, I shall relinquish control of the city and pursue my goals through some other means.

[Yesterday’s winner: HubCityQuestion! Well done on all fronts!]

3 Likes

Operation: Noise Maker

Central City is a fairly modern city, I’m sure we can all agree. A city with systems like loudspeakers in all major buildings, and plenty of police cars as well. And, I assume Grodd has a fair number of the city’s occupants under his control. First, I would send the Calculator (or some other villain with equal aptitude with computers), with the help of Deadshot and Deathstroke, to hack into the security of whatever building Grodd is holed up in, and then to send the most obnoxious sound he can through the loudspeaker. This would distract Grodd, sure, but it would hardly be enough to stop him entirely. Enter: The Joker and Harley Quinn. They would utilize the large number of police cars left in the city to fill the place with noise, overwhelming the auditory senses of all those under Grodd’s control, sending a painful psychic backlash to Grodd, weakening him so that Deadshot can deliver the final blow from far away, ending the gorilla’s reign of terror.

2 Likes

OPERATION: IT’S A TRAP!

So Grodd’s telepathy is the most problematic thing about this situation. The second anyone shows resistance, Grodd can simply psychically take them over. Without a psychic on the team, the next best thing is a psychologist. Hugo Strange will work with Deathstroke to create a trap for Grodd inside of Deathstroke’s mind. I chose Deathstroke here because he has a sharp mind and is probably the first person that Grodd would attempt to take over as he is also extremely dangerous. Once Grodd falls for the trap, it should get him off balance (and maybe even release the Flash from his control, but I wouldn’t count on this). Deathstroke and Hugo Strange would then jump Grodd before he can get his head clear.

The next problem is trying to stop the Flash. For this job we will need someone as bait, someone to slow Flash, and then someone to kill Flash. The bait can be literally anyone, ideally someone who will be thought of as a threat, and is just generally chaotic. We’ll fill this spot with the Joker. Once Flash comes to take him down, Captain Cold will be waiting to ambush him. With Flash frozen, Deadshot can take him down with one shot. Once the Flash is dealt with, these guys should get out of the way so that Grodd doesn’t psychically take them over. It should be noted that they would wait to kill the Flash until after Grodd fell for the psychic trap. There should be a window in which he won’t be able to control them.

2 Likes

I realize I use some of the same villains as @TornadoSoup, but I think that I use them in different ways

1 Like

Attention, DC Universe Users. This is Deathstroke the Terminator.

Certain extradimensional interests are very disappointed by the outcome of the recent Meta Madhouse tournament. They’re willing to pay for me and one associate to take down the Flash and Nightwing. In the name of prudence, I’m looking for some second opinions on strategy and choice of partner.

Here’s the catch: My employer wants them brought in alive and largely uninjured. Said something about “giving them to Granny,” whatever that means.

[Yesterday’s winner: YoYoFroYo! And just under the wire, too. Both good plans, but YoYo’s had a better countermeasure against Grodd’s psychic abilities. That makes you the first to get two wins, so you’re in the lead for the guest scenario.]

1 Like

Slade appreciates your confidence in his strategic abilities, but he’s kind of wondering where everybody is.

1 Like

OPERATION: BULLET TIME

I think the first priority in this scenario is neutralizing the Flash. There are many ways to do just this, but I’m going to use The Turtle. While Turtle causes a ruckus to attract the two heroes, Deathstroke waits in hiding to strike. Once Turtle slows Flash down, Deathstroke can take a shot at his foot. This shouldn’t take him down for long due to Flash’s accelerated healing abilities, but it should be long enough for Deathstroke to knock him out. My guess is that Nightwing is smart enough to hang back and not fall for Turtle’s trap. So, Deathstroke will need to engage hand to hand combat with Nightwing. Deathstroke will use knives laced with a fast acting poison that will blur Nightwing’s vision. This should put off Nightwing’s perception skills enough for Deathstroke to lure him back into the range of Turtle’s powers. With Nightwing slowed, Deathstroke should easily apprehend him.

2 Likes

Our mission for you is to assemble a team of no more than seven of your Earthly super-criminals to steal the Green Lantern central power battery and deliver it to a specified set of coordinates outside the Corps’ jurisdiction.

If you attempt to keep the battery for yourself, we will know and we will find you, because…

No man escapes the Manhunters!

[Yesterday’s winner: YoYoFroYo! It was by default, but well done anyway.]

1 Like

Sorry I’m late again. I’m not well versed in green lantern things so I needed some extra studying for this one.

OPERATION: “YOU’RE ONLY IN TROUBLE IF YOU GET CAUGHT”

Aladdin: Aladdin is a master thief, having stolen from the likes of Vandal Savage. He also has the ability to teleport groups which will help when maneuvering the team into the ideal position to steal the Battery, and to get them out as soon as possible.

Catwoman: The more thieves the better, right? Between Aladdin and Catwoman, the two should be able to figure out the best possible route to get to the battery.

Enchantress: Enchantress has the ability to warp reality around her. Usually this is used in wacky ways, but for the sake of practicality, enchantress will use it to cloak the team. In reality, it will appear as if they are not there.

Psycho Pirate: If the crew should run into any trouble, Psycho Pirate is a nice backup plan. He is able to neutralize the powers of the green lantern ring by making anyone who wields a ring extremely bored.

I’m just going to stick with these four because I think the bases are covered for a covert operation, and anymore might put their secrecy at risk.

1 Like

That’s another win for YoYoFroYo, which, if I’m counting properly, locks you in for the guest scenario.

The no-responses thing is getting to be a problem, so I’m going to try putting up the new prompt in the morning, since I’m guessing this thread is getting buried under other ones before anybody has a chance to see it.

1 Like

@BatJamags I meant to get mine in earlier today to bump the thread up, but I just ran in to a few things that I had to do, and also realized that I had to do some more research on this one because I’m still new to comics and there are just some things that I have yet to learn.

1 Like

Hello, children. You did quite well for Granny, bringing me Nightwing and the Flash. Unfortunately, they escaped from my loving care with the help of that naughty boy Scott Free.

I wonder if you clever children could create a trap that not even Mister Miracle could escape? Would you do that for your Granny Goodness?

3 Likes

OPERATION: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF

It’s going to be pretty difficult to trap Scott Free physically, so instead, we will imprison Mister Miracle in his mind. Scarecrow seems like a good option for this job. Mister Miracle has had his fair share of trauma (after being imprisoned in Apokolips for however long he was) so Scarecrow’s fear toxin should work like a charm. I’m sure with the help of Darkseid and his various minions, Scarecrow should be able to adapt his formula to work on the likes Mister Miracle.

2 Likes

OPERATION: THE SMALL STUFF

For years, Superman has had the shrunken city of Kandor sitting in his Fortress of Solitude, and yet he’s been unable to free the people stuck under the glass. So our first step is to trap Scott in another shrunken city with the help of Brainiac, possibly with something to keep Mr. Miracle pacified, such as sedatives or mental tampering. Even if he somehow manages to gather his senses, he is stranded without the proper technology, and so Scott would be stuck. Probably. See, that’s the problem with a guy like Scott. He’s tricky for sure. He knows the work arounds. So, we build a multilayered prison reminiscent of the ones of Apokolips. Not only does this help to keep him trapped, but it also calls back to the trauma he suffered during years of being trapped there. But still, Scott could potentially get out of this. So we put the shrunken city in another prison filled with hundreds of other traps. With thousands of guards, thousands of traps, there’s no way for him to get out. Probably. That’s why we put the secondary prison in another shrunken city (I know this is starting to get like prison Inception, but this is Mister Miracle we’re talking about). Then, we place this bottled prison on Takron Galtos, the prison planet of the 31st century. Not only would he then be trapped on a prison planet, but he’d also be trapped in the far future. With the proper amount of guards, and easy access for Granny and the others to the future, there’s no way for Scott to get free.

2 Likes

And the winner is… TornadoSoup! Frankly, I gave you guys an impossible prompt, so it basically came down to which trap seemed less unlikely to work. Basically, what tipped it in was the fact that Scarecrow’s fear toxin usually wears off after a while, and the trapception approach at least requires like six or seven miraculous escapes in a row.

(But bonus points to YoYoFroYo for plugging this thread over on the main one. Thanks!)

1 Like