Continue a Run

One of the best series I’ve read in a long time! Would definitely have loved to see another year or many years of it.

4 Likes

This series was fantastic! And the costume was top-notch! Was so bummed they didn’t keep her as Batgirl with Miller writing in the New 52 (though Simone’s run was great)

4 Likes

When I think that we could have had Simone on a N52 Birds of Prey and Miller bringing Steph to a huge audience in the N52, and they decided to just…delete two Batgirls, but keep all the male Robins…it saddens me.

4 Likes

100%. The New 52 was supposed to bring more life and younger audiences into comics, and Stephanie was PERFECT for that!

5 Likes

OMAC to me was his most creative work. I love his 70’s work at DC and Marvel, but I wish his charactors were more interesting. Great ideas

4 Likes

Chuck Dixon always was a fun writer

8 Likes

So many to choose from.
Alan Moore’s Tales of the Green Lantern Corps
Louise Simonson and Jon Bogdanove’s Man of Steel
Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett’s Superboy
Marv Wolfman and George Perez’ New Teen Titans
Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, and Kevin Maguire’s Justice League International

5 Likes

JLI is a series I feel should just be going indefinitely because that team (both creative and the characters) are so damn good

2 Likes

Thought up a few more.
Detective comics Convergence as its own series Huntress And Batman or something like that. I would love to see how Helena and Dick of the original Earth Two would have developed after Dick finally started wearing the cowl. perhaps have him reconnect with a certain red-headed librarian. they brought Kathy Kane into Earth Two I do not see why they cant bring Babs into it. but also exploring how Helena handled losing her mother then her father in quick succession. (earth two batcat die within a year of each other) because i kinda feel her anger and willingness to kill Superman (Red Son) stems from her losses.

Batman Noel: I would love a prequel in the universe of Batman Noel. as I want to know what happens Batman and Catwoman after the book ends. same writer.

Batman/Catwoman special # 1: perhaps as a longer series involving Helena’s growing up as the baby of the batfamily, and her interactions with her siblings. (We need more Helena Wayne in the Omniverse)

DC’s Very Merry Multiverse Vol 1 Teen Justice: “To Stop the Star-Conqueress!”: I want to know more about Earth 11.

4 Likes

I would also love Thomas to do All-Star Squadron but I’d want him to tone down the Wold-Newton stuff and then i would like it if he used more of the characters of the time. There were dozens of reporters, private eyes, adventurers and even an aging cowboy or two in the pages of the comics of that time. And since they’re in public domain maybe he can even use Jim Anthony, Olga Mesmer and some of the other pulp characters from the pulp imprint that DC also owned at the time. Be all inclusive and use everybody who was around at the time. Even if its just to acknowledge them in a cameo.

4 Likes

Well, there are quite a few that I would’ve liked to continue. Fables for one, but apparently that one is continuing, so I guess it doesn’t count. The recent Superman Red And Blue, is a series that I have really enjoyed, and will definitely miss it as part of my regular reading. Warlord, with Mike Grell, I do miss my sword and sorcery. and Supergirl being Super. One other the Secret Society of Super Villains.

3 Likes

Babylon 5 from back in the 90’s. That show was so good but the comic was only 11 issues. And I loved the Superman run with the young Jonathan Kent by Gleason and Tomasi. Didnt like Jonathan growing up so quick. Also agree with the Green Lantern by Geoff Jonhs and the Wonder Twins book.

3 Likes

They are actually going to remake Babylon 5 the tv series. I usually have mixed feelings about remakes but is the original guy so maybe he’ll do a respectable job.

4 Likes

Tomasi and Gleason are just perfection together. And both their Batman & Robin and Superman runs were wonderful father-son tales

4 Likes

I’m hoping they do more volumes of Super: Red & Blue a la Batman: Black & White

2 Likes

Another one I thought of was Superboy by Jeff Lemire and Pier Gallo. A lot of fun, a couple interesting mysteries that were being setup, and then all washed away in the New 52

2 Likes

I’d like them to continue midnighter… Would actually like to see Todd McFarlane or Jim Lee do the art and Clive Barker to do the storyline.

3 Likes

Bring back The Atom/Ray Palmer. Start off with a Showcase style tryout.

4 Likes

Welcome back to the community! Nice suggestion! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

How about Al Pratt?

2 Likes