Continue a Run

You have the power to bring back a series that has ended, including the same writer/artist that made it great. Could be an ongoing, one-shot, miniseries, maxiseries, you name it! What do you choose?

For me, it would be Secret Six with Gail Simone writing and then Nicola Scott and Dale Eaglesham swapping art on arcs

12 Likes

For me, it would have to be Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern run, with Ivan Reis and Doug Mahnke doing the art. I don’t think there would be any other runs that I’d love to see continue as much as that. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

100% there with you. Would love to see them play more with the other corps as I felt there was still so much mystery left on most of them. Venditti & beyond have had some great runs on GL but Johns definitely had so much lore and story he could tell with those characters, plus Reid and Mahanke on any title are amazing but GL will always hold a special place in my heart. While we’re add it, get Tomasi and Gleason back on GReen Lantern Corps to go alongside it and we’re on fire!

8 Likes

I loved how everything tied together so well. The individual stories were very good, but then they all just built up to Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night and then War of the Green Lanterns. It was a fun time to be reading them. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Agreed. And I love how they wrapped up their story in the New 52 before handing it off to Venditti and co, but like we said, would love to see them go further

8 Likes

Hawkman!

15 Likes

Are we bringing it back now, or are we extending it in the past?

If it’s the latter option, I might do something rather brave and bold. I’d extend the Mike Barr and Alan Davis run on Detective Comics throughout the rest of the 1980s, but in order to keep all of the Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle stories that appeared in 'Tec after Barr’s run, I’d introduce the series Shadow of the Bat a few years earlier.

has cake while eating it too

9 Likes

Venditti and Hitch were doing a masterclass in comics with that series!

8 Likes

Love that idea, and would definitely work better if it continued to run during their prime era I think, though it could be done today with an “elseworlds” I guess

5 Likes

Batman Inc.! It could have continued so much longer than it did.

Honestly, doesn’t still have to be Grant Morrison, though that would be great. But an ongoing Batman Inc. series would just be a great thing to have right now.

9 Likes

I would like to see Gail Simone’s run on Wonder Woman extended. She had to tidy things up suddenly at the end and I think there were a lot more good stories there to be had without rushing the end.

And of course there could always a bit more Golden Age Wonder Woman with Marston (and his wife and Olive Byrne) and H.G. Peter.

8 Likes
  1. Chuck Dixon’s Nightwing run. He was clearly carefully building something up over the course of 70 issues, then left, and Devin Grayson came on and tore down everything he had been working towards in just a few issues. I would have loved to have seen Dixon’s intended ending.

2. Roy Thomas’s All-Star Squadron, without the changes that Crisis on Infinite Earths wrought, for as long as Thomas wanted to continue writing it.

10 Likes

Preach!

Loved Batman Inc and was so bummed it didn’t keep going. The idea was brilliant (as are most of Morrison’s ideas). I’m not caught up on it but I’ve seen that Williamson’s run is throwing some Batman Inc stuff in?

5 Likes

Morrison’s run was indeed the other option that came to mind.

6 Likes

Simone and Lopresti were great on Wonder Woman! The stuff with the Olympians was fascinating and wanted to see more for sure. And yeah, was wrapped up super quick for the anniversary so would love to see them take the reins again with that story

7 Likes

Dixon was doing justice on Nightwing for sure, and unfortunately Grayson (though name appropriate) just couldn’t find a handle on him in my opinion either

7 Likes

Mark Waid
George Perez

9 Likes

I’d pick The Batman Adventures, wish they made more then 36 issues, but it was then turn into Batman & Robin Adventures which sadly lasted for 25 issues, 2 annual and 1 movie comic.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

For classic runs, I would continue the Titans with Wolfman and Perez. For more recent stuff, more Super Sons with Tomasi.

9 Likes

Yeah, Williamson has some Batman Inc in his run. I’m behind a couple issues there but it is nice to see them mentioned.

Oh, I’d like to second this one. Please, please please.

6 Likes