Continue a Run

I’d continue the Geoff Johns/Dan Jurgens run on Booster Gold. Jurgens was building up to a reveal of who Black Beetle was…and then Flashpoint and the New 52 happened. I wanted to know who he was!

8 Likes

Johns and Reiss picking up their run on Aquaman. The best book of the New 52 Era.
Waid and Hitch getting back together on JLA.
Tomasi and Jurgens returning to their Rebirth runs on Superman and Action Comics.

7 Likes

Jimmy Palmiotti and Justing Gray on Jonah Hex, as well as their Hawkman run.

6 Likes

Since the last issue of the maxi-series run said on the cover “see you next series”, I would LOVE for Russell and Byrne to give us another Wonder Twins maxi-series, and perhaps have them work on bringing Filo & Poly Math in a bigger role.

9 Likes

Just reread these recently and they’re still fantastic! Fun storyline that weaves in so many cool heroes and villains and the Perez art is top notch as always!

5 Likes

Loved the show and the comic for sure! Didn’t they bring this back recently with “The Adventures Continue” or something like that?

5 Likes

Perez art is always welcome on the Teen Titans as well as any book for that matter, and him with Wolfman was just pure comic goodness!

5 Likes

Yesssssssssssssss! Booster is one of my favorite heroes solely based on this run (though there has been good stuff before and after). Jurgens as his creator is just so good at capturing Booster both in drawing and writing. Really wish his title continued with New 52 but alas :confused:

6 Likes

I third this! Super Sons was so much fun and Jorge Jimenez’s art :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Johns and Reis made me care about Aquaman, and unfortunately I haven’t been able to stay with his book since. Though looking forward to seeing what Ram V and Christian Ward are doing with their Black Label book

5 Likes

Their run on Jonah Hex was Wild West perfection! And when Moritat was on the art…bliss!

4 Likes

I need to read this book! Love Bryne’s art and the Wonder Twins are just a fun and fascinating pair. I will get around to it! Promise!

4 Likes

Resurrection Man from the 90’s

6 Likes

And have him write Invaders at Marvel for as long as he want as well

9 Likes

This is a really good question, and I’ve been thinking about it all day. Like @AlexanderKnox said, there are two approaches you could take with this: continuing it when it was canceled, or continuing it now.

For the first, I’d go with Jack Kirby’s New Gods. Jack was just getting started when he was pulled off his Fourth World saga, and I think the cosmology of the DC Universe would be radically different today if he were given the space to see it through.

If we’re continuing a run today- well, @MatthewHecht (no relation) already went with Robert Venditti’s Hawkman. So I’m going with Si Spurrier and Aaron Campbell’s John Constantine, Hellblazer – one of the most acclaimed runs DC’s put out in recent years, ended much too soon due to complications brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

9 Likes

Resurrection Man is such a cool and fun idea for a superhero, plus DnA are fantastic writers. I got a friend into the New 52 run and he loved it so much he sought out the original run, and has become one of his favorite heroes :+1:

4 Likes

It’s hard to grasp just how creative and revolutionary Kirby’s mind was. His Fourth World stuff is just a wonder to behold and should have been given the reins to run with it for as long as he wanted.

Constantine is one of my few blind spots in comics. I know and like the character but just haven’t read his solo Vertigo stuff, which I admit is shameful. Currently have it locked and loaded on the Infinite app, just need to finish my current reading lists. But Si Spurrier is a brilliant writer so I have full faith that I’ll enjoy it!

3 Likes

Justice League of America: the nail and another nail as JSA: Gothic Nail. a limited series that focused on the aftermath of the first series and second series that focuses on Gotham and her two remaining heroes Batman
and the New batwoman Selina kyle and how their relationship grew. from bruce’s trial and acquittal and Selina’s journey as Batwoman to them marrying and finding a street kid stealing the batmobiles tires, and perhaps a mob princess trying to get revenge. Lois and Clark’s marriage, the coming of the supergirl, Ends with the coming of Helena Wayne. most importantly of all no Damian Wayne. so all and all a romance and drama comic instead of an action comic.

5 Likes

The weird things you have to specify about me.

4 Likes

One Million Percent: Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller and any of the three main artists - Pere Perez, Lee Garbett, or Dustin Nguyen. I would prefer an ongoing, but a 12 issue Batgirl: Stephanie Brown: Year Three maxiseries would also be acceptable, since it would allow Miller to actually plan out an ending rather than trying to compress a lot of his plans into two issues.

9 Likes