Content You Wouldn't Have Checked Out

What are some comics/movies/shows on this service that you wouldn’t have checked out normally but ended up loving?
Animal Man is definitely high on that list for me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d never heard of Doom Patrol before this app and now I can’t get enough. Also George Perez’s Wonder Women wasn’t really something that was on my radar but it’s one of the best things I’ve read on here.

4 Likes

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion was an incredibly fun read. They took the comic down before I could finish every issue, but I was loving it. Classic gothic horror, in a spooky Vincent Price sort.

I really hope they put it back up.

2 Likes

Animal Man for me as well. Power Girl, Gotham City Sirens, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, The New Gods, and Perez’s Wonder Woman are titles I either never got around to or never knew about in the first place. The comic section has been a true blessing. I didn’t even sign up on the basis of comics because I didn’t think I’d like digital, but it’s been fantastic.
As for shows, I hadn’t seen Batman Beyond until I viewed it here. It’s been on my to do list for years. I’ve also gotten into Human Target, which I didn’t know existed and it’s a pleasant surprise. It’s a fun show to watch, certain scenes seem like they came right out of a comic. I’ve also enjoyed catching up on some of the animated movies I hadn’t seen yet.
Overall, I’m happy with the app and glad I’ve been able to discover all these new titles. It’s like a whole new world has opened up - a whole… [puts on sunglasses] universe.

1 Like

There are too many for me to count, but the first thing that came to my mind for comics was Power Girl. I never would’ve read her and now she’s on my favorite characters list.

2 Likes

Teen Titans by Geoff Johns and Power Girl were 2 I wound up loving that I otherwise would have overlooked

1 Like

The Harley Quinn comics for sure, I never would have bought those in the comic store in trades, but now I love them. Hell I am thinking of buying the trades anyway just to have on my bookshelf for if they ever rotate them out some time down the line. I also likely wouldn’t have ever read the New Teen Titans original comic series as it was too much, but I really loved getting to read basically the whole series (until it became a reprint series anyway).

Nothing as much with the movies and shows, but I have seen most of the TV series already. Sure I will experiment more if I ever finish Superboy the series. lol

1 Like

I also want to say I love Power Girl. Read it before but am re-reasing it, it’s a shame it didn’t last as long. I wonder if DC would consider re-adding the Harley Quinn and Power Girl mini-series. Could see it getting more readers now that more have been introduced to the awesomeness that is Power Girl.

3 Likes

That’s one of the great things about this app. You can watch the Superman serials or read The Authority and find new diverse content to enjoy. And if you don’t like them you just move on to the next thing

2 Likes

TBH comics in general. I tried reading comics with the new52 but eventually life got in the way and I could afford all the issues I wanted to read. DCUniverse has been the answer I needed. I can read my fill of comics with just a monthly subscription.

To give more specific comics, I would never have read Doom Patrol, Young Justice (1998), and all of death of superman/reign of the supermen. Thank you DC Universe!

2 Likes

Sorry meant to say “couldn’t afford all the issues I wanted to read”

1 Like

To quote Bruce from Burton’s Batman: “Well, I’m not sure.”

I guess maybe Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. I knew of the show before it debuted (thank you Toy Collector and Starlog magazines) and I always meant to watch it when it was on ABC but I only caught pieces of episodes during its initial run since I could never remember what day it aired and when it was on (I think it debuted and aired on Sundays for its first season at least).

Then I bought the DVD sets as they came out in the mid 00’s but I barely watched them. A few years later, The Hub cable channel aired the show and I finally started to watch it more earnestly. Then it left that channel.

DC Universe is where I finally got to watch L&C in depth and continuously. I’ve only watched the later episodes but I will eventually go back to the beginning of the show at some point and catch up. It’s really good. That episode where Teri Hatcher was a redhead in disguise? NICE.

3 Likes

New God’s, Manhunter, Geoff Johns Teen Titans, which I consider better than all the other Titans. Also his Green Lantern and Flash

Plos comics I had, which I can now find in the library quickly, without searching to see if I still have it, like Planetary.

Same for animated series, convenience.

1 Like

Animal Man is at the top of my list. Most of the animated movies that I missed or didn’t have the right stream to view. I’m looking forward to seeing things that will come to this service, new animated series and movies, more Wildstorm and Vertigo.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, the fan fiction

3 Likes

Doom Patrol. I was basically just aware of the characters before I watched the show. I first became interested after the Doom Patrol spot in Young Justice then after being like I’m not sure after the Titans episode I then fell in love with the show. I went and bought Vol. 1 of the Grant Morrison Doom Patrol Saturday.

1 Like

Outsiders

1 Like

Lois and Clark: the new adventures of superman. Its pretty good do far its got a smallville feel to it and I like it a lot

6 Likes

Some of the animates series and movies. I passed on watching these when they were on TV, but now I am watching a few of them and finding some of them to be much better than I thought they would be.

MACJR

1 Like

Batman: Brave & The Bold. Thought I’d hate it. Now I can’t get enough.

2 Likes