‘Constantine’ Sequel in the Works with Keanu Reeves

11 Likes

WTH lol I just woke up to this. Honestly didn’t think I’d have a reason to watch the first movie once the series with Matt Ryan (top tier DC casting) was out and he continued on the CW.

I’m just gonna expect the whole Justice League Dark project(s) on HBO Max aren’t happening after the Discovery merger.

Prayers for Zatanna to still happen :crossed_fingers: :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Fishnets or riot

5 Likes

1410785-aquacheer

5 Likes

I saw a headline earlier today about a Constantine movie and I was so excited. I really thought we were finally going to get a Matt Ryan movie.

I’m not upset at this Keanu Reeves announcement, I’m just shocked. Why are they doing this?

I mean, I will watch this. I am excited about it. But I would be 100000% more excited about a Matt Ryan movie. Or a Jenna Coleman one.

No matter what. I’m happy for more DC live action content.

5 Likes

I have been waiting forever for a sequel! The first movie was so witty and brilliant, I’m so excited! It would be very hard to live up to the twists and turns of the first movie, but I’m so excited about the news! Let’s hope this isn’t just another Batgirl dilemma!

5 Likes

Pretty much my reaction :sweat_smile:. Still have to see the first one.

5 Likes

The same is true of Madame X, another Abrams-produced DC project that will no longer have a home on HBO Max.

It’s sad that this project won’t happen because Madame Xanadu is my personal favorite.
But honestly glad J.J. Abrams isn’t involved with it. After Star Wars I’m skeptical with anything he produces or writes.

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie, I get a primal joy when JJ gets a project cancalled.

That Matt Wagner book was great, ended too soon

5 Likes

Loved the first Constantine film!

Hopefully he’s our main continuity Constantine and it’s connected to the greater DCEU. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

While I do like the Keanu Reeves movie, I have to admit I would prefer a movie with Matt Ryan! I agree with everyone that I hope Zatanna is still happening.

3 Likes

This is so stupid!!!

2 Likes

Honestly this is the most DC thing to do

2 Likes

I just hope J.J. Abrams stays far away from DC Properties. He and Bad Robot have caused enough damage on Star Trek.

3 Likes

JJ needs to stay away from franchises that have Star in the name. Oh God keep him away from Stargirl

5 Likes

I have seen the first one and I did like it. But there is so much more that can be done now, I think. Which is why this announcement confuses me so much.

There is nothing wrong with a Keanu Reeves Constantine sequel and somehow it feels like a step back? I’m not really sure how to explain it.

3 Likes

It’s like a left over of mid 2000s comic book film

3 Likes

@Row.Harper @Clonegeek18

It seems like someone said “who’s a big star these days?” and they noticed Keanu and Constantine. Let’s do a sequel! It’s an existing IP that the general public knows with a big star. It’s practically a license to print money! /s

This is how executives view DC and other properties. Never mind that it was a mediocre movie that few people remember and fewer are clamoring to see more stories from. Story doesn’t matter we just need a big name as the star. See Tom Cruise and The Mummy. /s

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. Like it’s cool and will probably be a good fun movie that I and others will probably enjoy and I’m always up for reinterpretations of characters but with how comic hero movies have grown since the first one it definitely feels strange especially with how Constantine has been portrayed in both animation and live action media in recent years.

I think it’s definitely more for money over anything like @TravisMorgan said. Keanu being a big name unproblematic actor who’s interested in a sequel mixed with the nostalgia of a classic superhero movie returning are probably the factors they betting on to make them money.

But who knows maybe they’ll surprise us.

3 Likes

Awesome, love Keanu.

2 Likes