Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
It’s your friendly neighborhood Reaganfan78, bet you can tell I’m a Spider-Man fan by saying that every time.:laughing:
Well Max Streaming Service is finally here, it’s weird and great to see some Discovery + shows on what’s use to be on HBO Max… now what to watch?
Batman the animated or Cake Boss
Teen Titans or Jon & Kate plus 8
The Wizard Of Oz or Who the (Bleep) did I married?!

There’s tons of great shows & movies, I just hope it’ll last for a very long time like Netflix & Hulu.
Will we be seeing June release for comics this week? Can’t wait to see what’s coming. Have a great evening.

Reaganfan78

:grinning:

5 Likes

Hah, I love it! Honestly, I’d be so grateful if i had the ability to compress an entire outfit down that small. I’d be so efficient!

As always, thanks for sharin’!

6 Likes

Hah! Spidey references are always welcome :smiley:

Yes yes, welcome to the MAX era! I’m looking forward to diving into a few new shows. I’m particularly a fan of documentaries, so I hope to find some new hidden gems.

Keep an eye out! We’ll be posting it soon!

5 Likes

I’m watching Superman & Lois right now, your post got me thinking about a similar “i don’t understand” thing going on there as well. Like why does Kal-el wear his Kent disguise glasses around the house? Does he have a secret stigmatism or something? Kidding. :grinning:

6 Likes

You should watch Mysteries At The Museum, it’s really good, I highly recommend that one.:grinning:

5 Likes

I’m sure gonna miss this woman:

7 Likes

You 'n me both, pal. You 'n me both.

Rest in Peace, Lady T.

6 Likes

This may not be the best time for this particular inquiry of mine. But somehow, it seems more appropriate than ever, right now. Death in the DCU has long since ceased to have any real impact, on me anyway. The dead rise again in so many different ways, I can’t imagine what religions are like there, for those who practice them.

Today, marks the one year anniversary of the massacre of 19 children and 2 teachers, in Uvalde Texas. The how and why of that, is still being felt by those who lived through it. So I wonder, are there any anniversaries that turn up on a regular basis, in the DCU? With all the Rebirths, reboots, and whatnot, I haven’t a clue who’s still " in the ground," in that universe. At least the Waynes are still expired, on Earth-0, anyway, aren’t they? But as to the rest, I have no idea. Just curious.

4 Likes

How can I see all the ultra books in the app? As far as I can see there’s no section to see everything with an ultra tag. It’s hard to search if you don’t know what’s on there

6 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe @remington.keller.9969, the @Moderators will be glad to help you with any question you need. I tag them so they can help you.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey @remington.keller.9969, welcome to the community! :wave: Unfortunately, there’s no current function to filter for DCUI ULTRA tier comics specifically. You can find the initial list of added comics here: DCUI ULTRA: Vertigo, Black Label, and Collected Editions! On the release threads, we also denote which comics are specific to DCUI ULTRA. You can find these threads here: New Comic Releases - DC Community.

I hope this helps! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions (thank you @Reaganfan78). :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully they add a filter option or a dedicated section in the future. That way people who only use the app will be able to find stuff easier without going to an outside site.

4 Likes

Welcome! I hope you find much to enjoy.

4 Likes

Returning now to Trivia Corner, for part 2 of my coverage of the Man of Steel, from last week. Much of the programming for the early years that made up the Adventures of Superman, borrowed heavily from his previous media appearances. And not just his alone. Radio scripts, comic books and even the animated cartoons of the 40s were all “grist for the mill.” An expression I suspect that many old timers out there are quite familiar with. Some examples being “The Star of Fate,” from season 2, in 1954. The story owes much to “the Mummy Strikes” from the Famous Studios cartoon of 1943. A World’s Finest story, “Menace from the Stars!” (which I referenced last week) dealt with Superman’s suffering amnesia, after colliding with a runaway asteroid headed toward Earth. The same basic plot is used for a suspenseful season 2 episode titled “Panic in the Sky,” from 1953.

Batman did have a connection to the original Kellogg sponsored series, just not quite the way you think. As for Kellogg, I’m working on a separate piece regarding their ages old affiliation with DC and Superman. Season 2 of the AOS has Jimmy dealing with “the Lady in Black,” in '53. It was lifted from Batman #80, and was originally called “Dick Grayson’s Nightmare.” Also in season 2 we had “the Man in the Lead Mask.” Another Batman provided story which was called “the Man who could change Fingerprints,” came from issue #82. And the list goes on.

Clearly, the stories were changed enough that regular comic readers, never caught on. And as one of those kids, I can tell ya, it didn’t bother me one bit. It was only the death of George Reeves that let the air out of my balloon. It was one of those remember when and where you were moments, that always stay with you.

Well, that’s a wrap on TC for this week kids. Study hard in school and always look out for the little guy, just like Superman! See ya next time! Oh yeah, welcome to our little community @remington.keller.9969. I think you’re goin’ ta like it here!

5 Likes

Question for Jitsu - did I miss this month’s Video Q&A or did we skip May? If the latter, will this return in June?

Fun question for you - if you had to live in one of the following cities which would you want to live in and why?

• Gotham
  • Metropolis
  • Central City
5 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
It’s your friendly neighborhood Reaganfan78,
We have a new Moderator @Stoic_Jester! Since your username is based on Batman and his on Joker…

I think you guys will make a great team, not too deadly I’m sure. I have never read this book.
Anyway I’m really looking forward to alot of new comics coming in June, especially the archives. Hope more graphic novels comics be added soon like Batman: 4 movies collection
from 1989-1997.
A quick question, do you know when DC Universe Infinite will change the blue title link DC on HBO Max to DC On Max?
Screenshot_20230530-122825_Samsung Internet
Thankyou, have a great evening. :nerd_face::books:

7 Likes

Thank you so much! That book looks awesome I am going to make sure too read it and that is a great question. I will make sure to past this along.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I was a little reluctant to come back since I saw the opening page which said DC Pride and I misread it as DC Probe! Whew! Close one!

6 Likes

This was an awesome entry, per usual! I’ve been learning so much about the older iterations of Supes recently, and have really been enjoying myself–thanks for adding to that for me! :smiley:

5 Likes