Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

@Jitsu, what did you think of the change in Batgirl’s background?

7 Likes

Now that you’ve been in charge for a few weeks, what’s ur favorite part of the community?

it’s me right? Please… I need validation in my life…

8 Likes

You, of course! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

aw shucks!

8 Likes

Hey J,

Just following up on my queries from last week. Were you able to find out anything about either of these problems? Suicide Squad (2021) #4 was added today, so it’s now officially been two months since #2 was supposed to be on DCUI. Thanks.

10 Likes

So, I just came back home from Los Angeles Comic Con, and I had a crazy idea. I couldn’t help but think how great it would be if more people could experience such a convention, and I was wondering: What do you think of the idea of a travelling comic con? It would be smaller, but it could reach more people, including those who may not be able to attend such a gathering. Would such a thing be practical or is that too ambitious? Maybe a more focused one, like DC themed. Anyway, this is where I got partial inspiration from:

https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Dick_Clark%27s_Caravan_of_Stars_1963

11 Likes

@Jitsu S’up?

Also, what’s your most-anticipated Christmas gift this year?

Do away with the schmaltzy stuff :wink:, and just go hog wild over something materialistic, my good man! :grin:

8 Likes

When you’re feeling down, nothing helps like a few gift cards. :smiley:

8 Likes

Ab-so-lute-ly! :smiley:

My eyes always light up when I get a Visa gift card, as they’re good everywhere (nearly).

7 Likes

Sup!

Oooh, good question…I’m actually doing a somewhat non-traditional Christmas this year–my partner and I are starting our drive across the country for our big move on Christmas day :sweat_smile:

So I’m not really asking for much this year, other than smooth driving conditions. BUT my partner did call herself “the best” after getting something for me, so we’ll see! But if I’m being REALLY honest, the best Christmas present would be to work with an awesome passionate communi-OMG I ALREADY HAVE THAT.

10 Likes

Hello @Jitsu, With DC Universe Infinite having a blackout today on the app, is there a way to keep that from happening so we can enjoy reading comics?

6 Likes

Hiya!

Unfortunately, today’s issues were a result of Amazon Web Services going down, which impacted (I’d imagine) hundreds of thousands of online services and users. In my experience, AWS goes down at least once a year, but as far as today goes, we unfortunately just had to hang tight until services were restored.

Of course, we want to keep everyone chuggin’ along on the comics they’re reading, but AWS issues are very much out of our hands.

11 Likes

is this a Batman/Fortnite joke?

6 Likes

I actually LOVE this idea! Having worked in the game’s industry for a while before coming to DC, I really enjoyed all the events: E3, PAX, etc…but what I enjoyed most were the smaller-scale, more intimate events. I went to MAGFest a few times, and really loved it. I think the idea of having a ComicCon “circuit” that travels around to different locations sounds rad! Logistically challenging, but who doesn’t love a good challenge :smirk:

9 Likes

Hah, 'tis not.

8 Likes

Thankyou, On a bright side, are you looking forward to Spider-Man Far from home? I am, can’t wait to see the returns of old Villains!:grinning:
By the way Batman played The Vulture in Spider-man Homecoming!:grin:

7 Likes

I actually reached out to a few team members again earlier today, and should be getting an update/more info soon! I’ll either post here, or shoot you a DM with whatever I hear. Sound good?

11 Likes

probably the first genuine question ive asked during OH but are there any updates about new clubs?

7 Likes

It IS you! And everyone else here!

But no, actually…I think my favorite part of this community is genuinely feeling like we’re all here for the same reasons: we want to celebrate amazing storytelling, and we want to have fun while doing it.

I’ve worked with many different kinds of communities in my life, and I think what strikes me about the DC Community is that passion about/love for DC franchises is held above pretty much everything else. I’m really grateful that pretty much every interaction I’ve had around these parts has been respectful, kind, and more often than not, from a place of excitement and love for DC. In my experience, that is special.

11 Likes

Can ya clarify which clubs you’re talking about? Are you referring to DC Book Clubs, or the Fan Clubs?

9 Likes