Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

@Jitsu one of the things I love about the animated Harley Quinn series is the voice work of Tisha Campbell as Tawny. But I think it would be great to see her play Tawny in live action. Is there any DC show you’d like to see her on?

7 Likes

I meant the Mega Madhouse “March Madness” type tournaments that have been going on for years @Jitsu

11 Likes

@Jitsu A few assorted Q’s, mon frere:

• What are your thoughts on Kevin Smith? Not only in the comic writing arenas, but also his movie and TV work. Do you have a favorite credit of his?

• How long have you been into DC, and what is your favorite era on the comic side of things?

• In your move, have you yet had time to go through your toys and see if you’ve any items from the GOAT, i.e. Kenner?

• If giant advertising mascots should ever come to life, should we, in fact, follow the words of Paul Anka (and as sung by him and Lisa Simpson) and :notes: “Just don’t look, just don’t look.” :notes:, so as to ignore the monsters of Main Street and thusly, defeat them as they no longer hold our attention which is seemingly the key to their very existence (along with that meteor from the Van Allen Belt)?

• Speaking of Paul Anka, who would win between him and Andy Williams in a sing-off? I know a certain troublemaker from Springfield who’d vote for Mr. Williams, but said troublemaker is kind of a wiener, so his vote may be a little sus.

• 2022 is packed with assorted DC-based anniversaries across comics, movies, TV, merchandise and more. Do you have one in mind that you’re looking to celebrate above the rest?

• What’s the greatest Alfred Hitchcock movie, and why is it North by Northwest?

• Finally, is “100 tacos for $100” adequate sustenance for a Doctor Who marathon?

Those are all of the “pressing” inquiries for now. All is seemingly well on the DCUI front ATM, so I don’t have pertinent Qs towards that, right now.

microwave dings in the distance

Ah, excuse me. My microwave Johnny Cakes are ready.

heads off to the kitchen

8 Likes

I love most of Smith’s movies

10 Likes

Question for 01/25 - any chance we could get the variant covers included at the either the front or back end of the issues on here? I’d love to see all the different artists take on that issue.

9 Likes

:face_in_clouds:
I Want To Believe

11 Likes

Want to know what I think of Kevin Smith? A good salesman.

And the best Alfred Hitchcock movie is rear window. :grinning:

8 Likes

You know, I’d love to see a DC and X-Files crossover of some sort.

Afterall, “The Springfield Files” showed us that Mulder and Scully (“FBI.”) are partial to crossovers with other noteworthy entertainment brands.

Plus, McFarlane Toys made X-Files toys in 1998, and add in that they’ve been doing DC wares since 2020, it seems like a DC/XF crossover is just a matter of when, rather than if.

SN: Cigarette Smoking Man should be barred from comic stores while smoking, as the smoke and chemicals from cigarettes just destroy comics and other cool stuff, and that’s an absolute, science-accurate, fact.

@Reaganfan78 Rear Window’s excellent as well, and might be my second-fav of Hitch’s.

Rope is good too, as is Vertigo.

8 Likes

Mulder and Scully do what? In DC the existence of Aliens is proven

8 Likes

The existence of aliens is also proven in the X-Files Universe.

However, Mulder and Scully were involved in more than alien-based shenanigans, so their potential for an adventure in the DC Universe is literally limitless.

Maybe Mulder finds something that says “Darkseid Is”, and seeks to find out just what that means?

As Lex said in Superman Returns, “Possibilities. Endless possibilities.”

@Jitsu Which is your preferred late-night eatery:

• Denny’s
• IHOP
• Waffle House

I’ve never been to Waffle House, while its been at least 15 years or so since I last darkened the entrance of an IHOP.

Denny’s though…I’ve been there recently-ish. One can never get enough of that sweet burnt coffee aroma in the air whilst shoveling down a superb sammich, or getting their omelet om-nom on.

I sure could go for a Denny’s omelet right now…

hears “Get your Denny’s omelet, here!” in the distance

Score, and it’s from Homer’s hot dog guy, to boot!

hurries over to the omelet barker with Xeroxed Monopoly cash in hand

7 Likes

Literally just tried to order pancakes for dinner tonight and IHOP was closed so Denny’s it is! I’ve had the hypothetical discussion with friends “If you could only eat at one restaurant the rest of your life which would you choose?” and my answer is Denny’s. Is the food great? No. But it’s ok at worst and some is good. It’s also open 24/7, it has a wide variety of menu items so I wouldn’t get tired of the same foods each visit, it serves breakfast and it’s everywhere so I’d always be able to eat out!

Questions for Jitsu:

• If you could only eat at one restaurant the rest of your life which would you choose?
  • Will ‘The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive’ issues be available on here the same day they are released in stores? I really want to read that before I see the movie and would like to know if I should add it to my pull list at my LCS or if it’ll be a perk for us subscribers.
7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
This morning I was thinking about what might help make people interested in joining and reading at DC Universe Infinite.
Before DC Universe turn into DC Universe Infinite, they did the reward points thing, that was so much fun, saving a points and get cool stuff like Stargirl poster and …AT&T phone cord?!:flushed:
Anyway that was a huge success, And now Marvel Unlimited is doing something like that, and it would be awesome if you can bring something like that back. I think that would really help and it would make it more fun.:grinning:

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I will be traveling tonight so won’t be able to participate, so no questions, but just wanted to thank y’all for the new Q & A’s and chance to participate in interviews. I really do appreciate it.

9 Likes

When do club applications open?

Also, I accidentally submitted an application when you guys weren’t accepting applications! Sorry!

7 Likes

We quietly reopened them yesterday! Watch out for a DM from us later on today :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh alright! Thanks!

8 Likes

Hey J,

There’s been a lot of talk about the Content Team lately, but I realized that I don’t actually know much about them other than the basics (that they’re responsible for what comics get added to DCUI, etc.), and I’d like to know more. How many people are on the Content Team, and what do they typically do all day, on a day-to-day basis?

8 Likes

Glad you’ve been enjoying it! Much more to come, so keep an eye out for announcements. And thank YOU for being part of this awesome community, I’m glad you’re here! :smiley:

8 Likes

While I can’t share the full details quite yet, I will say that a points/rewards system is something I am verrrrrrry keen on, and have been doing some work behind the scenes to build out more fully. I want our community to feel incentivized to stick around and to continue to engage with our content and each other…and I can’t wait to bring that vision to life!

9 Likes

Hey hey KSA!

I totally understand why you’d like to know more about them and what they do, but, simply put, their work on an all-day / day-to-day basis is not public-facing information. They’re not here to defend/explain themselves or their workflow and challenges, so I unfortunately can’t take it upon myself to do so. Again, I understand why you’d be curious–particularly in light of some of our recent discussions around the challenges that exist in the DC team’s work–but I hope you understand why I can’t really share what they work on all day, every day.

10 Likes