Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I see nothin’ wrong with that selection!

These are some of my favorite types of restaurants :smiley:

This one is tough…but if I HAD to choose one, I’d pick one of my favorite spots in Washington DC: The Coupe. I used to live just a few blocks from there when I lived on the East Coast, and I looooved it. I’m a huge breakfast guy, and their breakfast menu was sublime. The coffee was fantastic, the hash browns were heavenly, and the overall vibes were dang near flawless. I miss it a ton!

Great qustion! I actually don’t know offhand, but I just sent an email inquiring about it, so I’ll circle back with you once I get the info. If I don’t get back to you by around midday tomorrow, shoot me a DM! Cool?

9 Likes

Out of these three, I’d have to choose Denny’s!

9 Likes

Belieeeeeeeeve

8 Likes

Not a bad idea! It’d be cool to have a dedicated section for variant covers here…:thinking:

8 Likes

I’m a fan! I’ve admittedly haven’t watched toooo many movies of his, but I did love him in Clerks and J&SB. Seems like an overall good guy.

I’d ballpark about 20 years or so. I think my biggest favorites is the New 52 era…it breathes so much intrigue into a lot of characters, and I think it’s just so worth getting into for new and old readers alike.

I’ve been waiting for this to come back up! We’ve unpacked most of our figures and display items, and I unfortunately don’t have any Kenners! :sob: …However, here’s a quick rundown of my faves:

• DOOM Eternal Slayer’s Helmet: I got this from when I worked at Bethesda previously. Definitely one of the coolest things to put on your head.

• Japanese Collector’s Edition of Dark Souls II: One of the coooooolest CEs for one of the most underrated games (IMO).

• Trevor Belmont Castlevania Figure: Castlevania is one of my favorite IPs, and my Trevor figure is just lovely to look at.

• Gandalf (White Wizard version): My love for LotR runs DEEP, so this one has a special place in my heart.

I could go on, but this post would go on forever! :sweat_smile:

This sounds terrifying. If it ever happens, I would suggest we take every action possible to rid us of the monsters!

Gotta give it to Andy on this one.

This should come as no surprise, but The Batman film has me wrapped around its finger. I cannnnnnnot wait to see this interpretation of such a classic character, and the recent marketing and interviews has be sooo hyped. Beyond that though, I’m really looking forward to Black Adam!

I haven’t seen it! Adds to list…

100 tacos for $100 is the perfect snack for any marathon! Jitsu seal of approval.

Enjoy! :yum:

9 Likes

I agree, I bet she would be great in a live-action production as Tawny! I would love to see her in the Peacemaker show, I think it fits her range pretty well.

9 Likes

This might be the easiest question I’ve received to date! The answer is simple: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I’ve watched every episode of every season, and I think the writing, the ad-libbing, the set pieces…everything is just so good. The show is coming up on 20 years, and I’ve been such a fan from the start.

What about you?

9 Likes

This sounds fantastic, I’m in.

9 Likes

@Jitsu After the Chiefs/Bills game any opinion on overtime rules.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Woohoo! :beers:

What say we grab some pizza over at Doughy’s afterward, being that I have a coupon for two pies.

Sure, some would say “Doughy’s has terrible pizza!”, but when it’s a coupon for TWO pies, why say no?

Afterall, bad pizza is still better than most anything else.

Regarding your Gandalf The White figure, is that one of the Toy Biz numbers, or is he from another company?

Toy Biz LOTR were just…yeah. :drooling_face:

I’m impressed with the length of your DC fandom. As Darth Vader once said, “Impressive. Most impressive.”

Bummer that you don’t have any Kenner figures, but should you become interested, I know a guy who’s pretty familiar with the company and their product (DC or otherwise), and who’d be happy to fill you in on what’s what. :superman_hv_4:

Re: Fav era of DC…nice pick.

In case you’re unaware, some of the book clubs celebrated The New 52’s 10th anniversary last year.

The JLBC and MASC focused on the wave 1 Justice League and Superman titles (along with the initial issues of Wonder Woman in the JLBC, so as to celebrate it as part of both The New 52’s 10th anny and Wonder Woman’s 80th as well), while World of Bats focused on select wave 1 Bat-books, Harley’s Crew did Harley schtuff and so on.

Of The New 52, let me ask you this @Jitsu:

• What was your favorite title from the whole shebang (or from what you’ve read, if you haven’t yet read everything from The New 52)?

• What are your thoughts on the animated, New 52-based movies?

I’m a huge fan of Justice Leagues War, Dark and Apokolips War.

They all did a very good job of capturing the tone and feel of their source material (even though Apokolips War is more of an amalgam of certain things than a direct adaptation of any one title or story arc).

Lastly, and completely unrelated to DCUI:

• Which is better, Popeyes or KFC, and why is it Popeyes?

• Favorite Star Trek TV series and movie?

6 Likes

Currently maybe “Night Court”

7 Likes

Night Court is good stuff.

Especially given the cast members who would go on to be involved in the animated DC pantheon (namely, Richard Moll and John Larroquette).

I think Night Court really hit its stride once Markie Post and Marsha Warfield joined the cast.

The episodes without them are fine, but those with them are substantially better, in my sitcom nerd eyes.

6 Likes

I guess I will just start planning another unofficial one again

7 Likes

I’ve been laughing at all of it. I loved the appearances of the Wheeler family

6 Likes

Hey J,

My question this week is a bit of a follow-up to my question from last week, and something I’ve wondered about for a while: Why don’t any DCUI employees hang out with us here in the community? Obviously, I’m not referring to yourself, or Alec.Holland, or the moderators. I mean the people who work on the service/site/app. Are they not allowed to participate in the community, or do they just not want to? What’s the deal?

8 Likes

@Jitsu there have been many famous actors who have appeared in various DC Universe projects over the years. Is there anyone who has not yet done a DC related movie or show whom you think would be great in one such project and if so, what part should they play?

7 Likes

How many comics have you read in 2022 so far?

Would u ever do the 2022 comic-reading challenge?

6 Likes

Are any DcUI staffers secretly butterflies? No seriously, what has been your favorite Easter egg in Peacemaker, and any thoughts on how to capitalize on TV viewership increasing Comics reading. I always thought having some sort of background stories being available from a QR code on TV might be fun.

7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu, :batman_hv_1:
Hope you’re having a great evening, later this year will DC Universe Infinite and DC Comics be celebrating 30 years of Batman The Animated Series? It would be great if they did. :smiley:

7 Likes