Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

@Jitsu ,

5 Likes

As Mr. Burns likes to say, “Excellent!”. I hope you can stop by and chillax for a bit. We’ll have chips and dip, too.

I don’t care what that wiener on Seinfeld says, you can double-dip your chip in the dip.

Mmmm, dip. :drooling_face: It’s like Letterman said, “Ya…got any…dip?”

Speaking of Letterman, who’s your favorite late night talk show host (be it past or present)? I’m 100% a Team Letterman kind of dude.

Regarding your move, moving is always difficult, but if you need help moving into your new pad, I’ll pitch in.

We can have an '80s-style montage too, complete with humorous asides such as:

• Someone painting a wall with a roller brush, then looking away from their “post” for a second, only to turn back and see they accidentally painted across someone’s face.

• Two people carrying a couch, then one sees a cute lady jog past, and drops his side of the couch to wave to her, which causes the other person to drop their side of the couch and frown at the other as they turn back to pick up their end of the couch.

We could also hire Eugene Levy and some guys, Multiplicity (one of Michael “Batman” Keaton’s underrated gems)-style for even more hijinks.

It’s always a party when Eugene Levy is involved, mmhmm.

The point is, friends help friends move (after they hit the comic store for new shinies).

No, no, don’t thank me now. As a wise, some say “super”, man once said “Don’t thank me, Warden. We’re all part of the same team.”

:superman:

SN: What’s your favorite Joe Estevez movie?

I like Werewolf (and I only see it via the MST3K edition of course).

goes to water his Chia Estevez

4 Likes

I appreciate that the team is aware of and working on these problems. But none of this explains why the problems are taking months to fix. At this point, it’s mind-boggling.

Just for context, this “problems taking a long time to fix” thing has been a thing for as long as I’ve been a DCU/DCUI member (2.5 years). It’s always been a point of frustration for me. But with these two particular problems, it’s by far the worst that I can ever remember it being.

6 Likes

With Suicide Squad #2, the problem lies in the fact that the issue appears to have been corrupted when it was uploaded to the service. The team has tickets in the queue to take time to identify and fix this issue, but it’s far from the only task they have to handle and the problem is not simple to fix:

1: Identify specific issue with file
2: Identify if that issue also persists in the back up file.
3: Decide whether this is something WE can fix or if we need to reach out to a 3rd party to get a new version of the file.
4: If Option 1, wait for team to get back to us with new file.
If Option 2, attempt to fix file.
5: QA (test) file.
6: Perform any admin required (let internal teams know that it’s fixed).
7: Reupload to the service and publish.

The same process has to be followed with the other issues you’ve mentioned as well, but as I said before they’re far from the only issues on their plate at the moment. As it’s the holidays, you have to factor that in as well. The team doesn’t work 24/7/365, so they do what they can in the time they have available.

I appreciate the frustration and wish I could give you a more concrete answer, hopefully this helps you to understand the situation a little better in the meantime!

8 Likes

It does! Thank you for the explanation, AH!

7 Likes

@Jitsu I was at Target a few days ago, and from Mattel’s Masters of the Universe: Origins line, I saw this:

I never knew you were from the world of MOTU (which has a hearty history with DC)! :smiley:

I almost bought that, because I figured if and when another Fan Event comes along, I’d give it to you as a gag gift.

But…Christmas schtuff dictated I had to hold off on your figural namesake for now.

Still though, pretty cool you have your own action figure, eh? :wink:

9 Likes

What is your favorite crossover DC has done with another comic company?

6 Likes

Is there a crossover you’d like to see a la Batman and Scooby-Doo? I think a Wonder Woman-Jonny Quest crossover would be a natural. In the Jonny Quest series, Dr. Quest and the others often went to exotic locations, so it would not be odd for them to land on Thermyscera or head into the jungles with Wonder Woman to take on Cheetah.

7 Likes

If and when more DC/Hanna-Barbera crossovers come along, I would love to see a Wonder Woman/Jonny Quest one-shot.

I’d also love to see something with The Pirates of Dark Water…maybe Aquaman/The Pirates of Dark Water?

With the aid of the Fisherman, Bloth could be plundering ancient Atlantean treasures as Aquaman comes onto the scene.

They all fight and upon seeing Aquaman rumble with Bloth, Ren and company decide to team-up with him and his crew (Mera and Tula would become instant BFFs, I imagine) to take down Bloth and the Fisherman, all the while finally acquiring the final Treasures of Rule in the process.

I’d buy it (and the WW/JQ book, natch).

7 Likes

What is on your Christmas Wish List?

5 Likes

Okay, it’s time for that most important of questions: which is the best film in National Lampoon’s Vacation franchise?

• I prefer the original classic from Harold Ramis, Vacation (1983).
  • I’m the sentimental type who would rather watch Christmas Vacation (1989).
  • I’m a rebel who would dare vote for Vegas Vacation (1997) or Vacation (2015).
  • I’m a contrarian who would have the gall to pick European Vacation (1985) or Christmas Vacation 2 (2003).

0 voters

9 Likes

None of the above :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Will @Barrys.Better.Half come back to the community?

4 Likes

Well @Jitsu Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Perhaps my final questions for 2021.

1. What DC Hero would make the best Santa Claus?
  2. What DC hero based on their 2021 adventures deserves some coal in their stocking?
  3. Which DC villain would make the best Grinch?
  4. Which moderator is more likely to be the first up on Christmas Morning?
  5. What is DCUI’s New Year’s Resolution?
  6. As time travel is a possibility in DCUI, in the event I have additional questions for 2021 DCUI, if I travel back in time and ask, will I get an answer.
    Once again many thanks to all the moderators and hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
5 Likes

No, no, no. You can’t pick Hotel Hell Vacation. I won’t stand for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Answering this on Jitsu’s behalf: We’re still unsure if BBH will be returning or not due to a change in personal circumstances. I’ve spoken to them recently though and can confirm they’re happy and healthy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

:sob:

Tell them I say hi!

YAY!

6 Likes

Hey J,

Late-breaking question, but any idea why there are only three archival issues listed for each week of the month of January instead of the typical five? Are we really only getting three a week next month? And if so, why?

Edit: OK, did a little digging, and this does appear to be the case, not a mistake. So, my question then is simply: why?

Also, why are they digitizing New Guardians before digitizing Millennium? New Guardians is a sequel to Millennium, a very important late '80s event series that’s desperately in need of digitization, one that ties into a whole bunch of other issues of on-going series that are already on here. Digitizing New Guardians before Millennium makes no sense. Baffling.

7 Likes

Greetings @Jitsu! :wave:
I hope this finds you well - I have a Q (or 5) for ya, lol! So let’s get right to it:
1)IF they’re not a secret, and you can tell us about your glorious plots & schemes, what are you most looking forward to in 2022 at DCU?
2)Will there be a third annual Madhouse tournament next year?
3):face_with_monocle: What are your thoughts on kitten piles - do you want to sink in and take a nap? Do you secretly wish you were one of the kittens? Which of these fuzzy love muffins feels like it might be your spirit animal? Mines easily :wink: the winker.

Okay—Tag! You’re it! I look forward to hearing from you finally. Have a great week and happy holidays. :purple_heart: Take care.

Ps. Hold up. Wouldn’t be OH if I didn’t drop a song for you while you were responding. Plz enjoy. (:dancer:t2:Typer worthy :white_check_mark:)

7 Likes

It took me forever to post that, btw, because I kept getting prompted w/ this :thinking: “ignore” seemed to do the trick eventually. Was there a recent update?

7 Likes