Coming Soon to DCUI: May 2021

Hey there @RickTylerHourman. I’m honestly really sorry that we currently don’t have those as well as many other issues already in our digital library. To give you some insight, there are just a massive amount of things that go into what comes into our collections and our team works extremely hard trying to bring what they can to us as fast as possible. Everyone at DC is a huge fanboy so they also want the same things you do! Things like the actual restoration of the comics to the level of popularity of certain comics play roles in this. If you have the time, I suggest you please take a look at this Q&A with our Archivist Ben as he goes over all of this and more. No one can force you to stay, but we would of course be happier with you around to let us know how the actual community, aka people like you, are feeling. Every comment counts and be sure I’ll be noting what you’ve said here.

5 Likes

What is the difference between

Digital early release and
DCUI early access?

Thanks

4 Likes

Hey! This is a good question.

DCUI Early Access means that the comic is only available on the DCUI platform for a limited time. So essentially, this is the 1st platform to host those issues!

Digital Early Release means that it’s a comic that was released digitally around 3 months ago and is making its way to DCUI.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I’ve been hoping for a collection of the 1980’s DC Challenge series, which was done by the top writers and artists working at DC at the time. Even though the story kind of went off the rails as it went along I would love to revisit it here on DC Universe Infinite!

4 Likes

I’ve put a request in for this for you! :slight_smile:

For future reference, we have a couple of threads specifically designed for you to make requests for issues on the service!

You can request comics [here].(Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread - #1759 by Alec.Holland)

You can request custom collections of comics here.

4 Likes

Thanks. So it’s a 6 month delay on print comics and 3 months on digital firsts?

Superman '78 will be digital early release?

Are there other DCUI early access items known at this point?

4 Likes

Yup, that’s correct!

3 months for digital releases, 6 months for print releases.

There’s plenty more DCUI early access items to come, we announce them towards the start of each month. Make sure to keep an eye on the watchtower!

4 Likes

Here’s the problem. I would love to stay too. But why wouldn’t I just reallocate what I spend on this subscription by picking up used copies from this era on eBay?
Also, when you look at the “Most Read” series of titles on the app, the original run of “Action Comics” is consistently one of the most read titles. Adding these issues would seem to be a greater priority than some of the things that have been made available.

I’m thrilled for everyone who wanted to read “Super Friends” and I have print copies of a lot of that run including the first issue from when I was a kid. But there’s no way I can see how that managed to take priority over the Superman and Action Comics titles fron that era and earlier. We know the Golden Age Superman titles ahve recently gotten a lot of TLC from the company with the omnibus releases. So it’s hard to figure out why they weren’t just added to the library at that point, giving time to focus on the slilver and bronze age issues of these titles that are strangely missing. While it may be easy to understand that something like a run of the original Green Lantern or Flash seiries would be hard to get pristine copies of to digitize, I really find it hard to believe taht the copies y’all have of Action Comics and Superman from the 1970s aren’t in good shape, but Detective Comics and Batman from the era are.

1 Like

I totally understand, RTH.
With only five slots open for archives and 80+ years of content, some books may never get digitized. At least not in our lifetimes.

And right now, with the Milestone books locked in, two of those slots will probably be taken for the rest of the year.

On the bright side, 3 comics x 52 weeks = 160 comics.
They’ll eventually print something in those 160 comics that I’m waiting on.

Of course, 160 comics was only like five months worth of content in the '80s.

2 Likes

I was just about to ask about this. I know there’s no ongoing story, but it seems odd to start a series at #257.

3 Likes

This is my
Batman for new readers

1 Like

Still no PLOP! (Aaaargh!)

2 Likes

plop?

Where’s issue #6 of DCeased: Dead Planet? It’s been over 6 months since that issue and we are just now getting issue #5?

1 Like

PLOP! was a hilarious comedy series done by Sergio Aragones (and others) that was published in the 70’s. It was off-beat, crazy, and at times ludicrous… but it was great entertainment!

3 Likes

#6 was released 12/1/20, so we won’t be getting it until the second week of June.

Really? Cause everything I’ve seen says 2019 was release date for this series.

1 Like

#5 was released on 11/03/20

11/03/20 + 183 days (six months) is 05/05/21
The next Tuesday after 05/05/21 is 05/11/21 so this is right on schedule

I’ve become pretty, let’s say obsessive, about what gets released when on here. I’m not saying I have my calendar/day planner literally marked through October with what will be released on here each week but…yeah, I do. The first three months of DCUI have taught me to take the release date, add 183 days and then go to the next Tuesday and that’s when it should be on here.

FYI - from what I can tell all of DCeased will be on here by July 27th. DCeased, DCeased: Hope At World’s End #1-15 and DCeased: Dead Planet #1-7 should all be here by then and that’s when I plan on binge reading Hope At World’s End and Dead Planet.

As of April 27th:
42 days until Endless Winter begins
77 days until Future State begins
133 days until Infinite Frontier begins

…but who’s counting. :wink:
#CalendarMan

5 Likes

It’s that time of month again

4 Likes

So pumped to see we’ll be getting Sweet Tooth! Loving the black label and Vertigo additions, but where’s White Knight Harley Quinn?!?!?

3 Likes