Coming Soon to DCUI: May 2021

I think I can get behind this one! :smile:

5 Likes

Well, he is your beloved soulmate, and you have a major role in it.

4 Likes

Are we getting more issues of Curse of the White Knight or was that just a special treat?

8 Likes

@MatthewHecht :tipping_hand_woman: I should have a major role in every comic I’m in!

@KookieSuperApe I’m glad to see that one of the Digital requests made it through - hopefully there will be more to come in the future. Thanks for keeping those suggestions rolling in!

@Gerbatron16 Welcome to the community! That’s a fantastic question and I will look to see if I can get you an answer. In the meantime, please let the moderator team know if you ever need anything. :batparrot:

7 Likes

Sounds like an awesome™:+1: month

3 Likes

No more ‘Let Them Live: Unpublished Tales from the DC Vault’?

I’ll be reading ‘Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point’ and ‘Punchline’ for sure. Other than that I’ll be diving through back issues getting caught up on The 25 DC Essential Graphic Novels that I haven’t read yet while I wait for Endless Winter and then Future State to arrive on here. I’ll probably start with ‘Batman: The Dark Knight Returns’ and ‘Batman: The Long Halloween’ and go from there.

3 Likes

Punchline Number 1 was a great book. She just may be the next joker.

2 Likes

That’s… a good point. :thinking:

2 Likes

some good stuff, but there are a lot of late 80’s comics still missing that we need. Missing issues of JLI, the Millennium crossover, etc…

6 Likes

This might be the wrong place to ask, but are there any plans by DC to include more vertigo series in the backlog? I am missing a lot of those, and personally that would increase the value of DCUI by a lot, IMO.

3 Likes

Great point @ashleywilbanks! You can always add requests for certain comics here!

@paulomarciano.17324 I noticed you already posted in that topic and I wrote down your suggestions! :smiley: Basically, there are so many things that go into what comes to us digitally every week. To learn more about the process, you can go here, as this is a Q&A thread with our Official DC Archivist!

4 Likes

Hello @moderators,
With Looney Tunes #257 coming at the near end of May, will you guys be adding more of it’s old comic #1-#256? That would be awesome to see! :grinning:

2 Likes

Since #257 came, my fingers are crossed that the rest will come eventually too! Unfortunately, we don’t know for sure just yet concerning Looney Tunes!

4 Likes

Stories/tributes from “underrepresented voices”; the press release gives some more detail. Issue 1 has been available since September, written by Christian Cooper, as a tribute to Amadou Diallo, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and others, through the lens of his experience in Central Park last year. I’m not clear if the whole series is by Cooper, or if there will be other writers down the road. Issue 1 was marked “Chapter One,” so I suspect he’s penning at least a few issues?

2 Likes

Thankyou @LastSon0fMars, here’s hoping!:crossed_fingers::grinning:

1 Like

I recommend starting with the Long Halloween as i found the story good but the artwork made it a bit hard to finish. sales artwork can be trying.

PS: I am still waiting for the rest of The Batman Strikes.

2 Likes

Never submit, never surrender

2 Likes

Alright, Wonder Woman #81! That was one of my first requests when the service started!

2 Likes

None will really have me dancing around the May Pole. Instead, it’s just yet another monthly disappointment, and apparent confirmation that DC Infinite has no interest whatsoever in offering Bronze Age Superman and Action Comics.
Two silver age issues of Action Comics are good, but they should have been added at launch.
At this point, as I’ve said before, I really don’t see any need to renew my subscription for another year. For the people who do like what you’re offering, more power to them.
But the implication when this service was launched was that there would be a massive archive available. Seriously…you have 129 issues of the 1939-2011 Superman series?
Seriously? Seriously?!?

2 Likes

batman fortnite issue 2 <3 :slight_smile:

1 Like