Coming Soon: Movies & TV (12.01.18)

Thank you for the head’s up, @deku_! Does it still show up that way for you? It only shows up once for me. Nevertheless, it’s appreciated, and just in case, will let the team know so we can check it out :slight_smile:

Batman Returns is a great Christmas movie! :santa::mrs_claus:
I’m really looking forward to watching The New Adventures of Batman and Superman!

1 Like

No one asked for two of those. You guys just keeping adding newspaper to the bottom of the cage. No one WANTS to see The Quest For Peace, who would? If you guys don’t get some stuff I haven’t already seen or read I’ll just unsubscribe. Pre-order, pfff!

1 Like

^ if you’re a hardcore DC fan like most until the rest of the new shows get released you’ve seen and read everything lol :woman_shrugging: but as an obsessed Bat-freak its awesome to get to watch and reread again ◇

3 Likes

I’m new to the DC family but you need more titles other than animated cartoons anymore like the Titans you should get flash on CW Batman from CW Wonder woman from CW everything from CW Green arrow

3 Likes

How about some older superhero material, like Superman TV from the fifties or serials. I love serials.

You own the rights to a lot of characters from the past that had serials, such as Captain Marvel aka Shazam. Do you own Spy Smasher? That is a great serial.

With almost 100 years of content, both comics and movies, there should be a lot more you could include. One thing I was wanting to know, when the current season of the shows you have on end, will the previous seasons stay on the site? Will you eventually set it up so that you are constantly downloading new content while old content is retained? I kinda miss the Netflix binge watching experience, but then again, I applied that to the first two seasons of Young Justice, and am currently working on Batman the Animated Series. I could have sworn it ran more than a couple of seasons, but I must have been wrong. I’m hoping that you don’t remove these toons and series television from the site. I can see you moving movies. But the TV series are something I’d like to see always available.

I find it difficult to read comics online. It seems unnatural to me, but then I’m 62 and kinda set in my ways. I think some of my problems might be solved by a bigger monitor. I’m working on that, but I hope that you keep improving the visual experience with the comics to the point that they are not hard for us old coots to read. After all, being a fan of DC since I was only 4 years old, and staying loyal must count for something, right?

I do not regret the cash I expended for the subscription, in fact, I’m certainly going to renew when the time comes. Keep up the good work, and improve as much as you want, I won’t mind.

2 Likes

Hey beggly2001.58632, the Superman serials and Adventures of Superman are already on the site. Just do a search for Superman and they pop up.

WB doesn’t own the Captain Marvel serial. The Fleischer Brothers Superman shorts are here too.

1 Like

Other then the Superman Serials (which I thought Warner also didn’t own, but apparently they do, or else have some licensing deal worked out) Warner Brothers doesn’t own any of them so would either have to buy them (if the owners would even let them) or work out a licensing deal in order to air them. And while I am all for anything with DC heroes being on here, given the limited interest those would have for most of the (presumably younger) subscribers here the money could probably be used on better things. Should also be noted I looked and some streaming service I never heard of is airing all the ones with Super Heroes most associate with DC (I.E. Batman, Captain Marvel, etc.) so if they won exclusive streaming rights DC couldn’t get the rights to put them here even if they wanted.

As for the 50’s Superman show… that show is on here with all seasons. As is the first Superman movie cerial (no idea why the second one isn’t on here unless Warner only has rights to the first one).

They are adding 3 new animated series from the 60’s (Superman, Batman and Aquaman I believe) so as far as old school stuff to binge that should be good.

As far as new seasons and episodes while old ones are retained. I can’t claim to know anything everyone else doesn’t. But I can’t imagine they won’t keep the old seasons on when the new seasons come on. Some troublemakers when everyone was mad about stuff being cycled out came on saying Titans was going to only have the five or six most recent episodes on and cycle the old ones out but as we see, that didn’t happen. Streaming services always keep their original content on indefinitely and would have old seasons when new seasons start. No reason to suspect DC would do it any differently as the original series are the big selling point as far as live action content right now.

As for always adding new stuff. While some would argue it isn’t enough, they have shown their release schedule for up to the end of 2019 and they will be releasing a new episode of a series one after the other for the rest of the year (after Titans is over they will go into releasing episodes of Young Justice every week, then a new episode of Doom Patrol every week, etc.) meaning at least one new episode of something will drop every week with some weeks on down the line having overlap meaning 2 different shows episodes a week here and there. Again, some would argue only one episode of new content (not counting DC daily) a week guaranteed isn’t enough, and I get where they are coming from. But I honestly don’t think with no more members then they likely have right now they could afford much more then what we are getting. As the service grows and hopefully is more successful I am sure it will increase.

2 Likes

I would like to see Beware The Batman. I actually enjoyed a different take on Batman. This show showed the lesser villains in stead of the usual ones.

Also, do something with Constantine. Amazing show. Also, you should add the animated show The Batman.

4 Likes

Constantine’s already on here, the series was cancelled in 2015, and the character (same actor) is currently on this season of Legends of Tomorrow as a recurring character, so I don’t think they’ll be doing another season of that series anytime soon. It would be cool to eventually get a Justice League Dark or Sandman series, and with Swamp Thing coming out next year, and Raven already the main focus of Titans, I have high hopes we’ll be diving into more mystical characters soon.

1 Like

I’m hoping you guys add The Batman, the animates series from 2004. It was awesome and deserves to be viewed in HD like it was on Netflix.

1 Like

Any word on the 1988 Ruby/Spears Superman animated series coming to the DCU?

1 Like

We need Krypto The Superdog for smaller kids.

3 Likes

When are we going to get more animated movies? Would love to see judas contract on here and the newer dceu films. Also, a lot of the comics only have partial series. Would love to read the full dc universe rebirth storyline

2 Likes

We most definitely need Krypto the Superdog added.

4 Likes

When are they adding season.1 of Krypton, heard it was pretty good. SYFY has actually been putting out some good content

2 Likes

Next year

1 Like

How about some serials? Batman, Captain Marvel, Spy Smasher, I believe you have the rights to those. I would love to see more of that sort of content. Thanks for including the Fleisher Superman Cartoons. I don’t suppose you could include Batman and Superman newspaper strips? I have a couple of collections and they are fun.

2 Likes

Apparently DC doesn’t have the rights to many if any of the serials, Warner did not produce them. Granted, given they have one of them on here that would contradict that, as I doubt they are paying a licensing fee for the Superman serial of all things. But am thinking maybe DC has bought that one along the way, but the others are still not in WB’s control.