Coming Soon: Movies & TV (12.01.18)

Hey all my favorite DC fans! You all asked and now you shall receive!

We’re going to be adding the following movie titles:
Batman (1989)
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Batman Returns

These will be added on December 1st and, currently, don’t have a take-down date.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and requests - please keep them coming!!

23 Likes

I love that Batman (89) will be back. It’s the film that started my entire DC love affair back when I was a kid.

5 Likes

That’s awesome news. Batman ‘89 brought a hype surrounding it that’s been unmatched ever since. So glad the internet wasn’t around back then, no leaks, no chance to question casting decisions etc. on a worldwide platform. No such thing as spoilers, man I miss those days. Going to a movie with 0 influence was such a bonus.

3 Likes

So they could be sticking around as long as the superman movies has this time?

3 Likes

:grin: thank you!

2 Likes

Just in time for us to refresh our movie reference quotes!

7 Likes

Spotlight Series:
The New Adventures of Batman
The New Adventures of Aquaman
The New Adventures of Superman

These were listed in an earlier post as coming on December 1st, are they still coming or have plans changed?

4 Likes

Yeah good question

1 Like

The highlights of the December arrivals for me are the Filmation shows. I imagine they’re still coming.

1 Like

Are the shows still coming or no?

Hi @jlange0820.1792! Apologies for the misunderstanding, the Spotlight Series: Aquaman and The New Adventures of Batman, The New Adventures of Superman will not be dropping on December 1st. That initial post was meant to indicate what’s coming in December, but not the precise date. We will announce the release of those a few days in advance; some may come near the end of the month :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Like around the release of a certain movie mayhaps :wink:

3 Likes

I forgot to ask but for The New Adventures of Superman, that will be the complete series, right? I ask because when it came out on DVD, season one came out in 2007, and the seasons 2&3 set came out in early 2014. I just wanted to see if we would be getting all of the seasons at once when it does debut on DCU.

1 Like

I have got to rewatch those Tim Burton Batman movies, that’s what turned me onto DC as a young man.

1 Like

When are you going to put the new DC movies on streaming like Man of Steel or Justice League?

2 Likes

@Vroom I haven’t heard otherwise, usually they specify if it’s only certain episodes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alrighty then. I figured that was the case but I wanted to be sure anyway. I didn’t want to have a Ralphie Parker moment when it debuts.

2 Likes

It’ll be a while before we get DCEU films except maybe MOS. Contracts and issues are likely still in place with other companies in the near future

2 Likes

I also ask because when I’ve seen it for sale at digital retailers, it’s just the first season. I don’t know if the practice for DCU is to take the existing digital upload and upload it here or if it varies somehow.

1 Like

@Vroom, I’ll double-check and get back to you just in case. Stay tuned!

1 Like