Coming Soon & Last Chance Movies & TV in November/December

Till the end of 11/1 Xander

They took them off of DCU.

1 Like

Why you a bunch of complainers , when I was a boy , we had to walk to the movie theater 10 miles to go see the stuff there werenā€™t no even VCRs back in my day. If I wanted movies beside that I had to take my paperback books and create little animation and then flip the pages to see them and I was happy thatā€™s right we were happy with that!!!

1 Like

Did you live on a farm or in a small town pre-1960ā€™s?

Oh it was the sixties I lived about 10 miles outside of the main towns . When I was like 11 years old I would ride a bike down to Watkins Glen and itā€™s quite a steep hill down there. There were comic books at one of the antique stores ā€¦I would take home stacks of Marvel and DC and use a paper punch and put them in my note books to read at school.

2 Likes

Of course we did have three TV channels . I just had to go outside when we wanted to change channels and turn the antenna on rusty pole whatever firection Mama wanted

1 Like

D i r e c t i o nā€¦ I Love Dischordā€™s ability to edit what I post, alasā€¦

1 Like

Please consider including the date and TIME for the last chance announcements. 11/1 sounds like it will be still available all day on 11/1, but apparently it expired at 11:59p.m. (PT?) on 10/31.

7 Likes

@JLWWSM Thank you so much for the feedback - We will do our best to get the times posted for future postings!

5 Likes

So jazzed about the Filmation cartoons. Havenā€™t seen them for years.

1 Like

Im okay with Nolan movies rotating out since I own the Blu-rayā€™s. Far more interested in having the Filmation cartoons available.

2 Likes

What are the filmation movies guys?

1 Like

I am disappointed with the decision to remove movies and add others ā€¦ put the movies, series and comics forever

2 Likes

Dynacharge
Filmation is the name of the production company that made new adventures of Superman, Batman and Aquaman etc. They are circa1966-1970.

One promising thing about the Filmation shows being added. (beyond simply having those classic cartoons available on here) is that as far as I know, and correct me if I am wrong, Filmation is not under the DC/Warner umbrella. Which means assuming DC hadnā€™t bought those series from them at some point, that would imply DC worked out a licensing deal to stream those.

And if so, that would mean DCU is willing to work out licensing deals to add shows owned by third party companies. Granted, I am sure getting the rights to these is easier then say Batman 66, but still promising knowing DC is not going to limit it to just shows they own.

1 Like

WB bought the Filmation DC library I believe. Theyā€™ve released everything except the Superboy shorts and Shazam on DVD over the last decade and change (twice for Aquaman and the material that didnā€™t headline itā€™s own show like JLA, Green Lantern, etc) as well as digital.

1 Like

I understand how unfeasible keeping all of the comics would be, but I think that once a TV show/movie is here, it should stay for keeps. The idea of only being able to enjoy a certain show/movie for a limited time does not sit well with me at all. I think you guys should negotiate better licensing deals to keep that content here once it lands - it is content based on properties you own, after all. It is smart business for the moneymakers to also be available on other platforms, but it would be nice for this to truly be the ā€œone stop shop for all things DCā€. All of thatā€™s probably already been said a million times, but I wanted to share my criticism anyway - I really want this service to succeed because I love DC!

4 Likes

Hey DC ask your parent company Warner Bros to pony up the cash for more server space to maintain and keep a larger library. This app could be really special and make DC a premier entertainment company and not just a comics company owned by a film studio trying to diversify. This app feels mostly like the table scraps of licenses that you couldnā€™t manage to sell to better streaming services. And use your server space to curate a better comics library thatā€™s actually readable instead of basically ten thousand issue #1s no #2s. I get youā€™re trying to sell more comics, but it comes off all wrong as weā€™re already your paying customers. I feel like Iā€™m still using a beta product, something not ready for the consumer market, yet youā€™re selling it anyways. This business model leaves a bad taste in consumer mouths.

5 Likes

Donā€™t give them the benefit of the doubt with excuses like ā€œnot enough server spaceā€. MARVEL UNLIMITED has THOUSANDS of comics and they donā€™t rotate them out 15 minutes after they go up. Also the books are up to date as of six months. Iā€™m giving this app until January and then Iā€™m out.

4 Likes

I donā€™t understand the rotating comics. Sever space is a BS excuse. When companies have libraries of films to stream in 4K, DC can have all their comics up like Marvel Unlimited.

I DO understand not all of them being up YET, If they were slowly adding them. But the fact that some are on rotation and have to tell me ā€œlast chanceā€?? That is just sad.

The movies too. Although that I can somewhat understand if they have current streaming deals with other services. But WB should still be able to give us all the movies.