Coming Soon & Last Chance: January, 2020

@Kam totally fair point.

For people who think this is a sign they are taking them off to get ready for HBO MAX. Can’t say that didn’t cross my mind, won’t lie, but isn’t HBO MAX still five months away. I mean I don’t know how this stuff works but seems weird they would take them down this soon if that is the case. So not sure it is related to that.

2 Likes

I lot of these titles have left and come back before. It’s probably just a weird coincidence a lot of the leave and comeback on x months later contracts compounded on the same day.

3 Likes

I still feel as the “ultimate DC service” they shouldn’t cycle out anything so you can pay to always have access to the DC titles. But if they’re going to cycle them out, can they let us know when they’re coming back in? It just feels random.

6 Likes

@Nathan.Payson agreed. We’ve gotten so many movies back in no time. I get why people are concerned, but I’m also seeing a lot of people jumping to conclusions, too.

2 Likes

That is ridiculous so many movies are leaving. I know there are streaming rights issues, but I feel like the “ultimate DC subscription” should almost never be losing content.

12 Likes

@pashambarger.85308 content is cycled in and out. Many of these titles have left for a month or so and returned. It’s due to licensing agreements. It’s something we’ve been made aware of since the service launched.

3 Likes

It does suck that they rotate out, but that means they do rotate back in. As long as they keep giving us the proverbial heads up, and sooner than ASAP if possible, I am okay with the honoring of licensing agreements and netting profit(s).

2 Likes

When are we getting season 2 of krypton? Sad it was canceled and would love if DCU picked it up, but at least want to have the first two seasons on here.

5 Likes

Seriously? That’s alot of good stuff your taking away! What’s realistically going to be left other than original content and old stuff from the 1900s? Nothing should really leave the app because this is supposed to have “for everything DC” and it sure doesn’t feel like it. I mean you guys can’t even add the DCEU movies. Is this happening because of the talks going around that the app will close down by next summer? Are you slowly taking content off because its going to close?

4 Likes

Unless that information is coming from a verified and reputable source, treat anything you hear as a rumor.

Getting sick of this ■■■■! Once more you’re taking things away and not replacing them with anything worthwhile like the show we’ve all been asking for since day one- Smallville! Done with this crap!

2 Likes

Man, that’s a lot going and not a lot coming in. I’m continuing my sub because I love this app but boy am I concerned but hopeful

3 Likes

@Sugarbumps.1 You do know that Hulu has the streaming rights to Smallville, right? It’s been that way since day one. There are prior licensing agreements that Warner Bros has to honor; agreements made prior to this service’s creation. It’s not that they’re ignoring your wishes.

2 Likes

Oof. This makes it almost impossible to recommend this service for other people if they don’t have an interest in keeping up with every comic in the membership. I joined for the animation, and the other shows, but this is gonna make the place feels barren.

7 Likes

Why are some movies or why is some content going to be removed? Why isn’t everything kept on an ongoing basis for members or subscribers??

2 Likes

I don’t think.DC Universe has any say in Movies being moved out. Maybe they can suggest an alternate titles for those proposed leaving but that is it.

So far no TV series has left. Must be part of the agreement with upper management. It would be very serious if that was ever touched.

Superman.1978 is rarely touched. The rest of the Superman movies frquently rotate out.

I believe Batman 1989 and Batman Returns would be back except their conversion.to 4K made them much more likely to be liscensed.

I believe that once HBO MAX comes on line ALL THESE MOVIES will be exclusive to HBO MAX and DC Universe. Who will get what remains to be seen.

Movies are more likely to go to.HBO.MAX.
Animation to.DC Universe.

This was the last chance for the accountants to maximize revenue from other streaming services.

Once HBO MAX comes out that opportunity is lost forever.

That is why so many movies rotated out.

4 Likes

This monthly thread never ceases to amaze me. If you have subscribed to this service for more than a couple of months and haven’t figured it out yet, allow me to point out some cold hard facts. We are members of a niche within a niche. We not only love comic books, we especially love DC comic books. We are willing to spend this much money to get DC content; however, there is just not enough of us to support the families of the cast and crews of multi-million dollar series. We lost Stargirl to CW. I assume it will appear here commercial free as well since they promised it to us but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did not. They are a company. They want to make money.

We will continue to get first look at some series but they will try to sell it to other streaming services. We will continue to get the animated movies three months after release but they will not stay long. We will get to keep the movies and series that no other streaming service or TV channel will pay money for (1950’s Superman, 1970’s Wonder Woman, 1980’s Superboy, etc.). Am I the only one who was surprised that this site doesn’t have the 1960’s Batman series? Why? It still makes money somewhere else. Outside money from another company. Money that may also include your money since you could not get it here. Hence, no Arrowverse, no Smallville, none of the recent movies. I am shocked that the Watchman movie has stayed so long. It probably has something to do with advertising for the HBO series. Think like a company and you won’t be nearly as surprised about what happens on this site.

Is it worth it? DC is a comic book company, not a streaming service. If you expect the DC version of Netflix, you will be disappointed. The comic book competition has the same site for the same price with NO STREAMING VIDEO. It’s a good deal.

9 Likes

@Wilks, I agree with most of everything you said, well put, but two minor things: Stargirl will be here commercial free, no reason to assume - they’ve confirmed it. Second, there’s not much option for the Batman show to be here because DC doesn’t have the rights to it (that’s why it wasn’t available in Blu Ray for so, so long).

2 Likes

I agree with you. They should keep everything on this service. Every single movie or animated show should be kept on here permanently! (For as long as this service survives.)

2 Likes