Coming Soon & Last Chance: January, 2020

I do not like to read comic books. I only joined for the movies and animated TV shows and for the community message boards. Also for the shopping store

1 Like

I guess I do not mind looking at a few comic books but I don’t like to read, due to various reasons. Thanks to everyone who posted messages in order to explain the answers to my previous questions. Thanks for replying and responding! 'tis appreciated!

As stated before, the reason content is rolled in and out is due to licensing agreements made long before the service was created. Legally, they HAVE to honor these agreements.

This is something that’s been brought to our attention since day one.

Rotating content keeps things fresh, to be honest. It gives you something to look forward to.

1 Like

The only one im mildly annoyed about leaving is the Batman Beyond Joker movie cause I haven’t watched Beyond in order yet. The rest it seems like I could watch whenever

I also know the animated stuff will likely be back again soon

Yea I get that and I love this service and have always defended it but this is alot of movie leaving and only 2 are replacing the 18 leaving, and with all these rumours there are alot of people sceptical of this service and them advertising on fb and actually saying 18 movies are leaving this month doesn’t help to get new customers, I’m staying hopeful but to me that way too many movies to remove at once …

1 Like

Just make this a $5.00 comics app only if you are going to remove so much content.

4 Likes

Again…content is cycled in and out. It’ll only be temporary.

2 Likes

I don’t think Disney+ Removes Marvel movies ?

2 Likes

While rotating content works for you it doesn’t work for everyone. Why should I pay for a service that drops content when I can go somewhere else.
The licensing agreement thing seems likely and if true sucks, but pretending like this is a good thing is ridicules.

6 Likes

They don’t have all the marvel movies currently because of licensing agreements and while I doubt they will cycle out Marvel movies once they have them, they have said that content will be taken off similar to Netflix

Also this service isn’t Disney plus and never will be.

3 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of movies leaving. Not too sure how I feel about that. (That is if I am understanding last chance right)

@GreenLantern2261 I’m a little confused by your “pretending” remark. Perhaps you could elaborate/explain.

Having a viewpoint that differs from yours is not “pretending”. I can understand this news is troubling for you, but you are better than that. Don’t allow yourself to become “that person” on these boards. At the end of the day we are all here because we enjoy DC. Let’s be better.

1 Like

@carsonhasemail.35215 they mean last chance as in “last chance to watch it before it’s rotated out at the end of the month”

No worries, the movies rotate in and out every month.

Also, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Not a good look tbh

$5.00? Hey, Marvel Unlimited costs more than this and only has comics.

5 Likes

@ralphsix well said!

2 Likes

Didn’t think you would take my pretending remark so seriously. My point is that losing content that was originally accessible is a genuine concern for a lot of people. While I agree with your post about this possibly just being a licencing issue, I can’t agree with your thoughts on rotating content.

No hard feelings

2 Likes

No hard feelings :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Damn i guess HBOMAX getting everything

1 Like

I do have to say one thing. For those defending DC by comparing to the competitors unlimited comics app service, that has over 25,000 comics, an amazing curation system and the comics never cycle out or are lost continuously and instead growing 20-50 every week. I just wanted to read the Doomsday run here and found only scant issues and still find the curation system clunky at best. There I can look up comic storylines alphabetically and get every single comic attached to that storyline in one place with a click of my finger. Not here. I know at one time the Death/Return and funeral were here but now I can’t seem to find many at all. If you’re here only for the comics it is highly disappointing. I’m here for a good mix/collection of things including comics and media so to see so many things missing and cycling out without much return for new to cover them, REGARDLESS of the excuse that is highly disappointing.

1 Like