Coming Soon & Last Chance: January, 2020

Wow. Cool the stuff that is coming. But that is a LOT leaving. We have had around 13 things removed before, but I don’t think ever 18. And only 2 new movies in their place…

Hope it is to make room for more, and cool Watchman is staying among others, but I don’t know, it’s a lot.

13 Likes

Poking me in the rear to watch return of the joker…ok I Will

2 Likes

And i’m jumping on the watchalong bandwagon to see if there’s any interest this weekend. Check out this thread i made
Vote and discuss!

2 Likes

Just here to also post how ridiculous the amount of titles leaving is. Love this app when its at its best. But man, there are soooooo many caveats to this service that others just dont have.

15 Likes

Nearly HALF the movies currently on the service are leaving in January, and only TWO are being cycled in to replace them. Whether you agree that this service should be considered a full on streaming service or not, having only 25 DC movies (almost all animated starting in January) on an app that claims it’s the ultimate DC membership is kinda disconcerting imo.

34 Likes

I start the service this month and love it, but this is dissapointing, If you have to do it at least give more time of notice.

7 Likes

This makes NO SENSE!! WHY are you getting rid of stuff when the rumor is you’re struggling to attract and keep people? That’s a LONG LIST of movies leaving. You need tol make another announcement to explain this to people.

18 Likes

They always let us know a month ahead of time. That’s how it’s been since the beginning.

3 Likes

Key word: rumor.

1 Like

A friend of mine was just asking me if DCU has the animated movies because he’s thinking about subscribing and I told him “oh yeah, they’ve got a ton of them” now… :disappointed: hopefully this is just a quick cycle through but still a bummer to see so many titles go. Guess I’ll have to make some time for more DCU before the end of the year.

Absolutely looking forward to WW: Bloodlines though! I loved that movie and can’t wait to see it again.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m saying! I mean, I’m a little like, wth?! They are a show and 2 new movies but, removing like 19 different movies!!!

2 Likes

Like I said before it makes me think the deals to have them on the service werent staggered properly

3 Likes

Righteous so stoked for Wonder Woman Bloodline.

3 Likes

Im confused, instead of adding a bunch of cool stuff, your adding like 4 things and taking away like 15 good movies and shows, not sure why to stay subscribed if your pulling all ypur content

8 Likes

Well, a month or two would be good for me, but this was post 3 days ago, lucky me I have the time to watch the one I missing before they get remove on the first of January.

1 Like

They usually cycle them back in so my guess (key word guess) is that they will slowly add move in the coming months. Either those or others rotated out or maybe, hopefully some of the 7 or so that have never been on the service yet. (We have the Harley Quinn animated series, Birds of Prey is coming out soon… give us Batman: Harley Quinn the animated movie pretty please). But that is a whole lot. I do remember them removing around 13 movies befgore. But never quite this many. Granted, back then they didn’t have as many original tv series, the tv shows of the past that have been added, Krypton or as large a comic library. But hope we are not trading that for fewer movies over time.

Hopefully this is just a hiccup.

5 Likes

I hope they’re gonna cycle them in again too but also this makes me nervous that this is the drain of content because of HBO Max

4 Likes

Ok so this is disheartening, I have to defend this servive so much on social media and try to assure people who want to subscribe that the service isn’t goin to be absorbed by HBO max and be shut down but after seeing there are 18 movies leaving next month idk if I even believe that now , I understand movies have always rotated on here as I’ve been a subscriber since day 1 but 18 movies leaving? This isn’t a very good look for the service at all especially if you look at what’s replacing them , I love Harley Quinn but did they really have to list each episode? Seems to me like it was intentionally done that way to look like more stuff is coming … anyways I love DC universe and hope all is well as I’ve just renewed my yearly subscription…

11 Likes

Why is so much stuff leaving this month? also isn’t January 22 more than 90 days after the release of the wonder woman movie. I guess holidays are coming up so it take a few more days with people on break

1 Like

I think it means it’s still gonna be on the app. Don’t quote me on it though