Coming Soon & Last Chance: April 2020

Don’t take off Mask Of The Phantasm. It’s the greatest Batman animated film of all time.

2 Likes

Would there be any chance of DC Universe just having and keeping the DCAU movies on? It makes a rewatch of the DCAU shows more enjoyable as one can watch the movies as if they’re part of the show.

Its gonna be sad seeing some movies go, but its a good sacrifice for the movies we’re getting

1 Like

I sure am gonna miss Mask of the Phantasm

1 Like

OK, we’ve got some titles exiting the library, which means it’s time to decide our Last Chance Watchalong! This will be a three night event: the 28th, the 29th, and the 30th, at 6:00 PM PST/9:00 PM EST. I’ll be setting up the posts for them tomorrow. Which movies would you like to see on the schedule?

• Batman: Assault on Arkham
  • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  • Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Pts. 1 & 2
  • Batman: Under the Red Hood
  • Batman: Year One
  • Constantine (2005)

0 voters

3 Likes

The biggest issue with this service at the moment is the lack of content. The movies begin pulled only exacerbates this issue.I truly hope DC can get what I can only assume are preexisting contracts sorted out so they can have all of their content here. Comics are great, but it’ll take more than that to keep this service afloat. Fingers crossed everything works out, because I’m already out 70 bucks.

3 Likes

Marvel Unlimited is staying afloat for a comparable price, and it has nothing but the comics.

6 Likes

If you weren’t sure about the service, why did you pay for the year rather than month to month?

2 Likes

It’s like I’ve said before: I didn’t join until they added the backlog of comics. That’s the whole point of having a DC subscription, no? While I’ve enjoyed some of the original content, I ultimately regard adaptations of the comics as secondary to the original comics themselves. That’s not to say that the adaptations have never lived up to or even exceeded the source material, but if I’m getting a DC app, it better be a DC comics app. (And no, I didn’t have DC All Access, either. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Any last chance watch alongs in the works?

Yes! I’ll be putting those up shortly.

There are already Watchalongs booked for Saturday and Sunday nights, so I’ve chosen one movie for Monday, the 30th (as determined by the votes above) as this month’s Last Chance WAL:

1 Like

Hey @GrundyWantsPants, just wanted to follow up and let you know that Wonder Twins #2 is now available on the service! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Now THAT’S some personalized service!

1 Like

The proper order to watch those movies in the same universe.

1. Son of Batman
  2. Batman vs Robin
  3. Justice League: War
  4. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
  5. Batman: Bad Blood
  6. Justice League vs Teen Titans
  7. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
  8. Death of Superman
  9. Reign of the Supermen
  10. Batman: Hush
1 Like

Are our choices limited to what we see on this list?

The ballot has already closed – we’ll be watching Assault on Arkham!

Yay, I needed some of those Justice League Movies to watch for the new Apokolips war

Glad to see the 1987 Spectre series finally getting some attention. :+1:

1 Like

Well at least I have some this dc animated movies on my apple iTunes, it’s good too have a back up plan

1 Like