Coming Soon & Last Chance: April 2020

Gather 'round, citizens of the DC Universe- here on our lovely digital space, we can get as near as we want to the content we love!

“But DC Universe, you already have so MUCH content I love! What more could you possibly have to offer us?”

Ya old smoothie. For that, you get even MORE content!

COMING SOON

The Clown Princess herself, Harley Quinn returns for season 2 on April 3! Not caught up? All 13 episodes of Harley Quinn season 1 can be found only on DC UNIVERSE. Plus, have a question for Dr. Quinzel? Ask Dr. Harley Quinn, the doctor’s advice column is now live. The creative team behind some of Harley Quinn’s most famed work, Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, will assist Dr. Quinzel in tackling your questions weekly sourced right here from the community!

And you might like this: This April, Tim Burton’s Batman and Batman Returns will return on DC UNIVERSE!

And of course, we have Sam Witwer leading Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Clare Grant, and Xavier Woods on a nostalgic role playing quest for the ages. If you can wait till April, you can binge all the episodes of DC UNIVERSE All Star Games: The Breakfast League to see how their adventure concludes.

For all you comic book readers out there, we’re pulling over 75 digital comics in April, exploring stories about the Caped Crusader to The Man of Steel. As a super special, extra rare treat, we’re celebrating Joker’s 80th with a drop of Sean Murphy’s full eight-issue series, Batman: White Knight! Other additions include new issues of The Batman who Laughs, Adventures of Supersons and the pulse-pounding Justice League (2018) #21 from Scott Snyder.

New to WATCH:

• Wednesday, April 1: Batman (1989)
  • Wednesday, April 1: Batman Returns (1992)
  • Wednesday, April 1: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
  • Wednesday, April 1: Green Lantern: First Flight
  • Wednesday, April 1: Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
  • Wednesday, April 1: Justice League: Doom
  • Wednesday, April 1: Justice League: Gods and Monsters
  • Wednesday, April 1: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  • Wednesday, April 1: Justice League: The New Frontier
  • Wednesday, April 1 : Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
  • Wednesday, April 1: Justice League: War
  • Wednesday, April 1: Justice League vs. Teen Titans
  • Friday, April 3: Harley Quinn “New Gotham”
  • Friday, April 10: Harley Quinn “Riddle U”
  • Friday, April 17: Harley Quinn “Trapped”
  • Friday, April 24: Harley Quinn “Thawing Hearts”

New to READ This April:
( :+1: =Issue #1)

Tuesday, April 7

• Adventures of the Super Sons #9
  • Deathstroke (2016) #42
  • Female Furies #3
  • Green Lantern (2018) #6
  • Harley Quinn (2016) #60
  • Justice League (2018) #21
  • Suicide Squad Black Files #6
  • Young Justice (2018) #4
  • DC First Issue Special (1975-1976) #8
  • Detective Comics (1937-2011) #356
  • Doorway to Nightmare (1978) #5
  • Eclipso (1992-1994) #3
  • Super Friends (1976-1981) #4
  • The Spectre (1987-1989) #4
  • Wanted (1972-1973) #9
  • Weird Mystery Tales (1972-1975) #1 :+1:

Tuesday, April 14

• Batman (2016) #68
  • Catwoman (2018) #10
  • Detective Comics (2016) #1001
  • Hawkman (2018) #11
  • Justice League Odyssey #8
  • Red Hood: Outlaw #33
  • Supergirl (2016) #29
  • Superman (2018) #10
  • The Batman Who Laughs #4
  • The Flash (2016) #68
  • Titans (2016) #36
  • Wonder Twins (2019) #3
  • Wonder Woman (2016) #68
  • Black Magic (1973) #5
  • DC First Issue Special (1975-1976) #9
  • Detective Comics (1937-2011) #357
  • Eclipso (1992-1994) #4
  • House of Mystery (1951-1983) #205
  • Sun Devils (1984-1985) #10
  • Super Friends (1976-1981) #5
  • The Spectre (1987-1989) #5
  • The Witching Hour (1969-1978) #1 :+1:

Tuesday, April 21

• Aquaman (2016) #47
  • Batman (2016) #69
  • Damage (2017) #16
  • Electric Warriors (2018) #6
  • Justice League (2018) #22
  • Naomi (2019) #4
  • Nightwing (2016) #59
  • Teen Titans (2016) #29
  • Batman: White Knight #1 - #8 :+1:
  • DC First Issue Special (1975-1976) #10
  • Detective Comics (1937-2011) #358
  • Eclipso (1992-1994) #5
  • House of Mystery (1951-1983) #206
  • Super Friends (1976-1981) #6
  • The Spectre (1987-1989) #6
  • Weird Mystery Tales (1972-1975) #2

Tuesday, April 28

• Action Comics (2016) #1010
  • Batgirl (2016) #34
  • Batman Beyond (2016) #31
  • Detective Comics (2016) #1002
  • Dial H for Hero #2
  • Freedom Fighters #5
  • Heroes in Crisis #8
  • Justice League Dark (2018) #10
  • Black Magic (1973) #6
  • DC First Issue Special (1975-1976) #11
  • Detective Comics (1937-2011) #375
  • Eclipso (1992-1994) #6
  • Sun Devils (1984-1985) #11
  • Super Friends (1976-1981) #7
  • The Spectre (1987-1989) #7

LAST CHANCE

Of course, the agreement with our dark lords demands a few sacrifices. If you’ve been reviewing the above list and sweating about what to watch first, we’ve set your priorities straight! Be sure to catch these animated gems before they leave the service on March 31st, 2020:

• Batman vs. Robin
  • Batman: Assault on Arkham
  • Batman: Bad Blood
  • Batman: Gotham Knight
  • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  • Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2
  • Batman: Under the Red Hood
  • Batman: Year One
  • Constantine (2005)

And of course, be sure to stay tuned into all our weekly shenanigans in the Community, including daily discussions, book clubs, and live digital get-togethers so you can geek out with friends over all the DC stories you love! :blue_heart:

28 Likes

Whoa, Batman: White Knight! That’s a pretty big coup! I wonder how we pulled that off! I’d love to hear how that decision was made!

13 Likes

You guys are pulling Under the Red Hood?? Man, I thought that one was gonna be around forever! I’m legit disappointed to hear that… is there any way it might come back in the future?

8 Likes

Given the amount of animated movie content coming back in April, I’d say the return of Under The Red Hood will be back, probably some time in the next 3-4 months. WB is getting itself into a position where all WB media that is out on lease to other services will be coming back to WB streaming services only. If they don’t come back here it is because everything is getting sucked into HBOMAX.?so far there has been no sign either way this will happen. However, the animation (films and tv) are certainly something that HBOMAX and DCU could share.

This is my personal OPINION
I don’t see animated movies or series getting pulled from DCU. We know that the remaining WB animated films will be showing up here. We also know that Doom Patrol S2 will be shared by DCU and HBOMAX. So certainly the sharing of video resources between DCU and HBOMAX is certainly something that has been looked at and approved by WB. So I don’t see all animated video content going away from DCU, but that doesn’t mean it won’t also be shared with HBOMAX, so a subscriber to either service would have access to them. In fact, by the time HQ Season 2 finishes here on DCU, I’d guess that will be shared with HBOMAX.
This is my personal OPINION

5 Likes

The good: all of those shiny new comics!

The bad: trading all of the good animated movies for all of the bad ones. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

I wasn’t gonna say it, but…

6 Likes

Well, I know that #world-of-bats is supposed to be hosting watch-alongs of Under the Red Hood and Batman vs. Robin some time this month, but there’s some unclaimed Robin content up there, too, namely Bad Blood and The Dark Knight Returns. @JasonTodd428, do you want to claim either of those for Characters of DC or Damian Wayne?

2 Likes

I could maybe do “Bad Blood” (for Damian) but I can only a late night WAL between 10-11pm central time. I’m not available before or after that time. Not sure I have the time for both but I might be able to squeeze the other in.

1 Like

Given the current situation when everyone is looking for things to stream, REALLY wish they weren’t pulling movie titles from the service.

11 Likes

Is this real, or are you playing early April’s Fool joke? Just Kidding! Thankyou DC! Finally Batman & Batman Returns to it’s rightful home!:grinning: Can’t wait!

3 Likes

With the comics and movies that come and go from the service, as well as the years’ delay between comics being released and comics coming onto DCU, it’d honestly be really nice to be able to just purchase comics/movies/shows through our DCU accounts so that they’ll always be ‘unlocked’ for our accounts. DCU’s archive access is amazing, and it makes archive dives that used to be prohibitively expensive very easy to do, but it’d be nice to make it an even larger nexus for DC content.

4 Likes

How is getting rid of anything related to Jason Todd a bad thing? With the possible exception of A Death In The Family…just so I can see that little bleep die all over again what joy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

You do get to see him die in Under the Red Hood, and then he gets replaced with the Punisher in a scarlet helmet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Detective Comics 570 Jason

Posted for irony.

4 Likes

Yep. I watched it all the way through a couple of times. Now I only watch that part. It’s so enjoyable and satisfying.

2 Likes

It’s mostly satisfying because they replaced the Ayatollah with Ra’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, we’re getting back The New Frontier, which almost makes up for all the bad Justice League animated movies they’re including with it. :smiley:

4 Likes

I at first missed all the movies coming back and only saw what was leaving and was thinking “Wow, will anything be left. Not good timing” but then read it again and saw that I missed a lot of movies also being rotated back in.And cool to get the first two Batman films also.

And Batman White Knight. Really appreciate that one, cool to see that. Holds out hope some of the Black Label Harley Quinn books might make it on here eventually. I mean she is the star of a DCU Original, just like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing… right?

Nice to have something to look forward to. Was some good news I needed today.

2 Likes

Or to demonstrate how stupid that Robin is. Bats could have beaten on him some more and still not killed him. Batman has his “no kill rule”, that doesn’t mean he can’t walk all the way up to just a nanometer in front of the line.

Just saw that Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and Justice League: Doom are returning, so not as bummed about what we’re losing

It’s crazy to see how close Harley Quinn is. Might even see a trailer sometime soon…

8 Likes

You’re just envious that he was already a ladies’ man at age 12. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tec 570 Rhonda

No wonder Jay won the contest!

Speaking of classic 'Tec issues, I see we’re finally getting the conclusion of the Outsider saga next month with Detective Comics #356! Now I can finally link the whole story to everyone who’s upset about Alfred’s recent fate in Tom King’s run!

3 Likes