Comic Recommendations plz :D

I’ll be brief, I just finished birds of prey rebirth and loved it. Unfortunately dcu only has the first 7 issues available soo yeah… I’m out of stuff to read. Any suggestions? I’m more into post flashpoint reads but honestly don’t wanna start a new series for it to end just as it’s getting good (aka after issue 7 or 8) lol

Are there any full runs as well on here that are worth looking into? Thanks in advance fellow fans!!

3 Likes

I’m currently reading on Batman and the Outsiders and Doom Patrol which I’m liking but haven’t finished either. Here are some of the things I’ve finished and liked:

Action Comics (1938-) #855-857: Escape from Bizarro World
Action Comics (1938-) #866-870: Brainiac
Batman Eternal (2014-) #1-52 [Complete Series]
Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (1987-) [Complete Series]
Green Arrow: Year One (2007-) [Complete Series]
Penguin: Pain & Prejudice (2011-) [Complete Series]

6 Likes

Here’s a few DCU available titles I’d reccomend:
-All Star Western
-Animal Man
-Aquaman (the 75 issue series, it’s all of the regular issues from that series)
-Batman and the Outsiders
-DC Universe Rebirth
-The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive
-New Gods
-Saga of the Swamp Thing
-The Savage Hawkman
-Stormwatch
-WildC.A.T.S

5 Likes

thank you both for the responses!! appreciate it! I might actually give Hawkman a read…been consistently hearing good things about him

5 Likes

You’re welcome. I hope you find some good reads.

5 Likes

Personally im a sucker for anything written by geoff johns.
-teen titans
-green lanturn
-flash
-aquaman

However you can never go wrong with some classic titans ( the new teen titans)!

6 Likes

Uh, this isn’t on DC Universe, but Hawkworld is great for people that don’t have a ton of DC knowledge and just want something great to read.

2 Likes

New gods
Catwoman when in Rome
Selina’s big Score
Doom patrol
Saga of the swamp thing
Poison ivy cycle of life and death
JSA all stars
Justice league dark

3 Likes

Thank you all again, really appreciate it. Got a lot of options now lol

2 Likes

You bet I ask all the time, never disappointed, this is like a community of comic gurus suggesting the good stuff…

3 Likes

New Gods is great. Fantastic work from Kirby.

4 Likes

On the subject of Hawkman stuff that’s not on DC Universe the current series by Venditti and Hitch has been fantastic and a much better intro to the character than the New 52 run.

2 Likes

I’m trying savage Hawkman & having problems & he’s one of the 1st comics I read when I was a kid. Maybe just having hit it’s stride yet?

1 Like

havent

I hate to say it since I love the character but Savage Hawkman was really disappointing. I lost interest after the first arc and never went back.

2 Likes

TheDemonEtrigan

Ok, I was thinking it was just me cuz I love Hawkman too. I’ve been reading it in small doses but I just can’t get into it. I gave it the old college try but I couldn’t will myself to keep going.

3 Likes

If you want dark comics Gotham living he’ll and red robin are both really good. But if you want something lighter batgirl year one and Vixen are both fun stories.

4 Likes

*hell

agreed Dr.Doom. I just finished reading Vixen and it was amazing. Definitely would reccomend to everyone, a quick, easy read with beautiful illustrations

3 Likes

@Dr.Doom looks like Vixen is next on my list!

4 Likes