Comic Recommendations plz :D

I really liked how bright her comic was. It takes place during the daytime and in the wild. Great read.

2 Likes

Vixen was great. I thought it was the same one I watched in audio tv mini series on fire stick cuz it was 6 episodes also. Plus it was the same deal with her heading home & discovering her village needed her. The comic was different tho. Found out something about Vixen idk she could do. Don’t worry I won’t spoil & I worded it so anyone who hasn’t read it won’t know what I mean till they read it.

2 Likes

I would see if the first issues of the Deathstroke series by Christopher Priest are up on the site.

There’s also the first four issue of JLA from Grant Morrison and Howard Porter. IMO, still the best JLA series from the last 25 years.

1 Like

Full runs? Laugh. You want full runs go sign up for Marvel Unlimited.

Full runs and they don’t take comics down if you don’t have time to read them in the span DCU likes to rotate.

You want read what the Avengers movies are based on, you can, all of it. You want to read one of the biggest DC events that shaped a lot of DC, Crisis on Infinite Earths, you can…but only 4 issues out of 12.

Marvel has become HUGE in the entertainment business, but they don’t forget their roots…comics. DCU has decided to forget about their comic history. Darn shame.

Like most of the drek from the New52, Savage Hawkman was terrible. Search out the Geoff Johns run and definitely read the current run. And if DC would get their act together and add more Silver Age comics, the Brave and the Bold Hawkman issues, illustrated by the great Joe Kubert, are some of the most beautiful comics ever produced.

1 Like

@baseballmaniac

I agree with you on both Hawkmans

New 52 Hawkman was the worse of the new 52 titles. Few people would want it as a Graphical Novel Trade. That is why they selected it for us. No loses in sales.

Five of the six Kubert Hawkman issues from Brave and Bold are available at Comixology. Kubert’s art is beautiful and the plots by Gardner Fox are great too.

Issue 35 is missing, even though a Trade containing all six were printed as a Trade, some years before 52. I found my copy next to my trades of Gail Simon’s Secret Six, which was also before New 52.

The new Hawkman is one of the few Titles I enjoy, especially since Rebirth seems to be dying.

Geoff Johns run was great, full of action, plot,exotic locations, Carter’s private life and jobs, his relation with Hawkgirl, who doesn’t remember him as lovers.

I especially liked Hawkgirl, without her uniform, showing up one day at Carter’s university, teaching job, looking as young as his students.

1 Like

I do find that DC universe having only part of runs on here is annoying. But I don’t complain that much about it because I love the other features that come with the service.

I like Green Arrow Rebirth, but you’ll have to purchase those. I personally wait for the volumes to come out unless it’s a storyline I really want to read.

Haven’t started it yet but Heroes in Crisis looks to be good too

1 Like