Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Hey @tiocoy! :wave: These aren’t currently on the DCUI platform, however, you’ve found the correct thread to submit your requests to see these added in the future. I’ve noted your support down on our internal list for the content team. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Batman: Dark Detective (2005) 1-6

3 Likes

Thanks @Batmanlives1939! I’ve got this noted down for you. :batparrot:

4 Likes

Books of Magic seconded

4 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you @SaintBrodie! I have your support noted down as well. :magic_wand:

3 Likes

Seconded. This was a nice follow-up to Austin and Rogers’ 'Tec run.

@SaintBrodie (known as HubCityExclamation at the time this post was originally written). :wink:

4 Likes

Seems like an easy add. It’s already digitized in two collections.
Legends of The Dark Knight: Marshall Rogers
Tales of The Batman: Steve Englehart

2 Likes

Sorry, but if the goal of the thread is to just shout out a bunch of random comics, that’s kind of boring. But here we go.

“Dear DC, please make ever comic you’ve ever published available digitally. Sincerely, Everyone.”

There, that’s taken care of.

Now, if you want to have a more interesting conversation, then, yes, topics like remastering and cataloging are a lot more interesting.

It’s much more interesting when people can make a business case for why something should be bumped up in the list. And if there is a truly glaring error, like the Ostrander Spectre Annual, it’s far more helpful to point that out instead of “Yay, I like GI Combat, all 200+ issues please.”

DC Collected Editions and DC Digital are all over the map and don’t seem to communicate with each other. So many collected editions that for some reason DC is slow to release. And for some reason DC doesn’t seem to want to release digital compendiums. Why not? That is far more interesting discussion.

It’d also be a lot more interesting to suggest digital-exclusive collections that might even spur a print collection. For instance, why not a digital collection of Collins/Beatty Wild Dog? Character had a run on Arrow and was recently reintroduced in Get Joker. Map that out, show some creativity, make the business case.

Otherwise it’s just, “teacher, teacher, I know a comic, House of Mystery was a comic!”

2 Likes

Hey @fb_digital.comics.fans.group! :wave: While we do appreciate when people mention the reason for wanting a particular comic added to the DCUI platform, it is not a requirement in order for the request to be noted for our content team. We value the collection of this data as a reflection of the comics our community members want to see and the content team considers each individual request equally.

That being said, it is easier for the moderator and content team to track requests when this thread is kept on topic - i.e. the vast majority of the posts should be requests.

For further discussion about the digitization process, please create a separate thread. You can also submit your feedback regarding DCUI in the following thread:

Thank you for your understanding. :orange_heart:

Noted, thanks @Vroom! :muscle:

This has to be at least the third time I’ve done this. :sob: I’ve gone back and edited it.

5 Likes

I’m finally settled into the Hub City and went back to the avatar that kind of shares my first name. I’m sure @HubCityQuestion will be thankful that I’m no longer riding on his coattails like some sort of interrobang.

2 Likes

Happy DC Anniversary @Vroom! It’s always great having you here! :partying_face::cake::tada::confetti_ball:

Hello @Moderators,
As a tribute to Vroom’s DC Anniversary,
Can you please add tons of old comics of…
Action Comics
Superman Comics
Adventures Comic
World’s Finest Comic

Please and thankyou.:grinning: Happy DC Anniversary @Vroom, you’re a great DC friend on here.

:superman:

1 Like

Well, as long as I’m being tagged, I’d like to make a request for:

• Blue Beetle (1967) #1-5
  • Green Arrow (1988) Annual #1-3
  • The Question Quarterly #1-5

These are the most important missing Question issues from our archive. Thank you again!

4 Likes

Thanks @Reaganfan78 and @HubCityQuestion! I have noted all of these requests for y’all. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hi,

Fourth World #1-20, John Byrne’s run, please

Thank you

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:
Please let us moderators know if you ever need anything!

Noted, thank you!

3 Likes

By the Source, I second this!

Thank you friend, and the feeling is mutual! :hugs:

3 Likes

:sparkles: H-E-R-O (2003-2005) #17-22
I know this has been requested multiple times before but it bears repeating.
We have issues #1-16 of this excellent series but our collection stops in the middle of an arc. Please complete H-E-R-O (2003-2005).

7 Likes

Thank you for requesting that, @mojaka! I’ve added your request to our list. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Guns of the Dragon (1998-1999) Issues 1-4.
Men of War (1977-1980) issues 1-26.
Star-Spangled War Stories (1952-1977) issues 138-155, 157-159, 161, 173, 181-183, 200.
Our Army at War (1952-1977) issues 151, 153, 155, 286.
Unknown Soldier (1977-1982) issues 205-268.
Showcase (1956-1978) issues 57-58.

6 Likes