Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

You’re right, it would be super sweet!! I’m happy to take that down, thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You’re welcome, and I thank you, Hero of Mars that loves Earth cookies. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have to say that I am disappointed with the clip at which old books from this request thread are being added. More than anything else I would like there to be greater speed in adding old books. I’ve been using the service for almost a year and virtually nothing that I have requested or seen requested which I want to be added has been added in that time.

That said I want to add a few new requests. There are at least three books from the Gerry Conway collection of the new gods from 1976 to 1978 that are not on the service yet. The include the super team family 15 book, adventure comics 459, and dc special series 10.

7 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Our team is doing what they can to service our lovely fans; you can check out Live Q&A with Benjamin Le Clear, Official DC Archivist, Wednesday January 27th @2pm PT/5pm ET! to get a better idea of how the whole process works :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to note this down!

5 Likes

Since they finally released Solo as a digital book a few years back, that will likely happen, but they will likely have to release the individual issues to Comixology first for purchase before we get them here.

I suspect this is part and parcel of the loss of the more experienced people from the AT&T merger in the collected editions department.

3 Likes

The Next (2006) #s 1-6. A wild and wooly joint by Tad Williams that co-starred Superman.

4 Likes

Added your tally, thanks for the request!

5 Likes

You’re welcome, and thank you for notating it.

Do I want to know how big that is at this point? :joy:

3 Likes

Definitely love the bump to five backlist titles this week! Please pass along our regards to everyone involved in getting those numbers up. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Will do! I’m glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d like to request The Books of Magic 1990-2000 by Neil Gaiman to be added to DCUI!

Also, I think the title of this thread is a little confusing. Idk if these books exist digitally, I just want them on DCUI. I thought I would need to find a different thread to request to add books specifically to DCUI

3 Likes

Thank you @JayJayden for the request! I’ve added this to the list for you. :muscle:

Regarding the title, this refers to how our team often has to digitize the comics from our archive. However, we’ll see if we can find something better suiting. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As the creator of the thread, I’ll elaborate on its title:

The point of the thread is for members to submit requests of comics that currently only exist in print that they would also like to see in digital, hence the “print to digital request” portion of the title.

There you have it. Nice and simple. :slight_smile:

Also: If you’re unfamiliar with the digital availability of a particular series/issue, you’re welcome to ask around the forums and/or this thread, and helpful folks will be happy to inform you of a series/issue’s digital availability, or lack thereof.

If something you want in digital isn’t yet available that way, then you’re welcome to request it here. Requests don’t guarantee anything, but they do let The Powers That Be on DC’s digitization team (which is completely separate from the folks that run DCUI, as well as the moderator team of the community) know what you’re interested in seeing. Speak up, and often, with your requests. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

*ahem *

4 Likes

I said “around the forums”, and that’s “around the forums”.

“Basically.” as Ash Williams would say. :wink:

I also stated that helpful folks would assist, and you and that thread are indeed VERY helpful, @KookieSuperApe. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I would like to request the JSA annual and Secret Files that go with the 1999-2006 series or are they not digitized?

5 Likes

Thanks for requesting these, @idle453.87595! I’ve added them to our list. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would love to get Worlds Collide 1 – the Milestone/Superman Family teamup from 1994 – onto the service. Then you could put all 14 chapters into a Storyline to make it easy to follow!

I’m listing the chapters below to make it easy. Worlds Collide #1 is the only missing chapter.

• Part 1Superman #35
  • Part 2Hardware #17
  • Part 3Superboy #6
  • Part 4Icon #15
  • Part 5Steel #6
  • Part 6Blood Syndicate #16
  • Part 7Worlds Collide #1
  • Part 8Superboy #7
  • Part 9Hardware #18
  • Part 10Superman: The Man of Steel #36
  • Part 11Icon #16
  • Part 12Steel #7
  • Part 13Blood Syndicate #17
  • Part 14Static #14
7 Likes

Good deal! Thanks for your additional vote for this title, I’ve got it added!

4 Likes

I’ll toss a coin of support into the “Would like to see Worlds Collide #1 in digital”-labeled bucket. :coin:

4 Likes